BWV 1 bedroom rehabbed!

Wow !!!! I just saw all the posted pics!!! Jean thanks soooooo much!!!! It is so exciting to see these pics. I can't believe how much they did!!!!! So exciting!nthanks again!!!

Nope. Same appliances. Perhaps they are replacing only appliances that are worn out. That's what they are doing with washer/dryers.

Jean - THANK YOU! I really like what the pictures show. Was thinking about giving tbe Poly a try for a few nights this December, but I may just stay HOME! Hope they are done with the rehab by December. Can't wait!

I asked about the lamps. A contractor got them.
That's unfortunate. I was hoping they would go to one of those companies that sell Disney hotel furnishings so that DVC owners would have a chance to buy one.

It looks like either the bedroom nightstands are new or they replaced the old tops with new ones. The combination of the trim piece around the top of the original table plus the overly large rectangular lamp base and the iHome clocks they put in during the last renovation made it very difficult to position things on the nightstand. It was impossible to position the clock so you could read the time from both the bed and the rest of the room. I'm not crazy about the new bedroom lamps but they have a much smaller footprint than the previous ones so that's an improvement.

So where is Diane (dianeschlicht) these days? She shared my hope that we would someday get magnifying mirrors in the DVC rooms. I hope she is still reading here from time to time. She would be pleased we're finally getting these, at least in some of the resorts.

Jean, thank you so much for taking and posting these photos!

Great to see-looks very nice, thanks for taking the time Jean. Very nice report and pics.

Are the rehabs starting on high floors working down or low working up?

Going in two weeks. Requested a refurb room. Hoping to get one. Looks really nice.

Jean-thank you for the photos! We are on our way this morning for our big family trip (and to celebrate my 60th birthday!!) I am so excited and hope that we will be getting a rehab room-but I know the changes might be slim. It looks wonderful-love the laminate flooring, and the hallway carpeting too.
I did email and put in a special request for high floor but never heard back. Hoping we get a little pixie dust (and the laminate floor in the eating area since our 3 yr old granddaughter will be with us!)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting ...I will also miss the original look and feel, but it is not as bad as I expected. I really dislike the hall wall carpet though :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter