• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV 1 bedroom rehabbed!

put the sleeper chair in the dedicated 1 bedroom but not in the 2 bedroom lock off. If you do then people will want to raise the limit to 11 people.

Putting a sleeper chair in the dedicated 1BR would interfere with access to the balcony when the chair was open. (The same issue exists with putting one in the master bedroom.) I don't know if there are any issues with that (fire code or just concern that guests could have a problem getting out to the balcony if they needed to in an emergency during the night?). They might be able to replace the dresser in the living area of the dedicated 1BR with a murphy bed but there would be no place to add a small dresser so there would be no storage drawers in the living area. It would also mean making the dedicated 1BR a separate booking category and would make them harder to book, not good for those of us who prefer them!

Yeah, I missed the memo. I was told they were adding a sleeper to the the 1 bedroom. So much for that... The one bedrooms are now a worse value, than ever before. And sadly, I only own at BWV.

I know it would seem like an odd arrangement, but I do think a sleeper chair would fit in the master. The sleeper chair could open parallel to the slider. In some cases it makes sense to put kids in the master and leave the living area available for adults to be up later at night or earlier in the morning.

Why in the world would u have a sleeper chair in a Master Bedroom???. Talk about no privacy!
Would make zero sense, sorry if you have 5 in your family, but putting in master bedroom would be a terrible decision.

Yeah, I missed the memo. I was told they were adding a sleeper to the the 1 bedroom. So much for that... The one bedrooms are now a worse value, than ever before. And sadly, I only own at BWV.

We only own at the BWV and IMO, the value of the 1 bedroom is in the amenities, not the sleeping capacity. I am happy that they are not crowding a sleep chair into the 1 bedrooms. (In fact, I am not thrilled with the murphy bed addition to the studios - it makes the table unusable if someone wants to watch TV). Compared to the points required to stay at the new resorts, I think the BWV are a bargain for all booking categories.

IMO still has the same value. It's not like they took away anything. Yes you can cram more people in a studio if you desire. To have the full living room is still a nice thing. I believe others noted there are other options for 5. 1 Bedrooms generally are easiest to books so even though you only own at BWV, it should not impact your ability to book elsewhere if need be.

We own at BWV and VWL...and they did the same thing at both, making the studios sleep 5 and the 1BR sleep 4. Hard to figure the rationale but for those families of 5, I'm glad they have provided an option at some of the original resorts.

I understand what your saying about the 1BR as compared to the studio. But the reality is that the 1BR is exactly the same value as before...there has been no change in point schedules. If anything, it may be a better value down the road if they have to up the studio points per night and reduce the 1BR points to maintain optimum occupancy.

We own at BWV and VWL...and they did the same thing at both, making the studios sleep 5 and the 1BR sleep 4. Hard to figure the rationale but for those families of 5, I'm glad they have provided an option at some of the original resorts.

I understand what your saying about the 1BR as compared to the studio. But the reality is that the 1BR is exactly the same value as before...there has been no change in point schedules. If anything, it may be a better value down the road if they have to up the studio points per night and reduce the 1BR points to maintain optimum occupancy.
We are taking DGD and her boyfriend to WDW for graduation. I'm faced with renting a 2 bedroom for 4 guests because we need a sleeping chair (the 18 year olds aren't sharing a bed ;))I was misinformed, regarding the renovations (adding additional sleeping space) Not finding appropriate accommodations...studio or 1 BR with a sleeping chair.

It is, what it is...I'm frustrated and disappointed.

Yeah, I missed the memo. I was told they were adding a sleeper to the the 1 bedroom. So much for that...
Was it a Disney CM who gave you that misinformation? If so, it might be worthwhile to send an email to Member Services to let them know that some MS CMs are providing incorrect information about room occupancy.

We are taking DGD and her boyfriend to WDW for graduation. I'm faced with renting a 2 bedroom for 4 guests because we need a sleeping chair (the 18 year olds aren't sharing a bed ;))I was misinformed, regarding the renovations (adding additional sleeping space) Not finding appropriate accommodations...studio or 1 BR with a sleeping chair.

It is, what it is...I'm frustrated and disappointed.
Is a Lake View 1 bedroom at BLT or a 1 bedroom standard view at AKV an option? those have the sleep chair and 2 bathrooms. OKW 1 bedrooms have the sleep chair.

Otherwise, if a 1 bedroom at BWV is your preferred location, you could consider bringing along an aero bed or similar for one of the teens.

Why in the world would u have a sleeper chair in a Master Bedroom???. Talk about no privacy!
Would make zero sense, sorry if you have 5 in your family, but putting in master bedroom would be a terrible decision.

It would just provide a sleeping option for those that really want it and probably would be the only spot with enough room. It's not like you'd have to fill it. ;) And, although the master is a room for privacy, and could be used that way by those that want to, having a sleeper chair in there is not any different than a studio arrangement where everyone sleeps in a single room. People have frequently asked if they could move the sleeper chair into the master at OKW, BLT or AKV so some even try to set it up that way now.

We will be staying at BWV for the first time June 6-10th in a 2BR Lock-off. I requested high floor near the elevator. We have a garden/pool view. Any tips about what to do or see while at the resort? We probably won't hit the parks until 3pm daily as we are from California and are afraid we are going to melt!!! We are 2 Adults & 3 kids (12, 10 & 8). Thank you!

We will be staying at BWV for the first time June 6-10th in a 2BR Lock-off. I requested high floor near the elevator. We have a garden/pool view. Any tips about what to do or see while at the resort? We probably won't hit the parks until 3pm daily as we are from California and are afraid we are going to melt!!! We are 2 Adults & 3 kids (12, 10 & 8). Thank you!

Your going to love it!! If your coming from Cali, walk across to the Yacht and Beach Club and grab lunch at the Captains Grill or for a more relaxed feel Hurricane Hannas! Relax by the pool for a while and enjoy your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter