BWV 1 bedroom rehabbed!

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
Sorry that I couldn't take photos without getting someone in trouble. Overall, nice! New countertops, new kitchen table, new coffee table like in studios, new hanging dining fixture, fake wood look floor in entry, kitchen and I think maybe whole living room (sorry--my memory is rotten). New blue walls, new picture over sofa. Only had a minute to peek and forgot to notice upholstery. Appliances look the same. Don't know about bathroom either. I had hoped DSis would get a rehabbed room when she checks in tomorrow but it sounds doubtful. Apparently the rehab is running behind schedule and some guests with BW view rooms booked are having to be displaced. (I think someone posted about this). I will most certainly post photos if I happen to get a chance to take some!

That's awesome!!! I Was just reading the run down on the spring disney files magazine posted on dvc news and noticed the mention of the bwv getting refurbished!!!! I came on here to see if their was any mention and saw your thread!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Got photos! Will post tonight!
PS. Rooms have builtin , pullout magnifying mirrors! 50 inch TVs in both living room and bedroom!

Last edited:
Great info Jean. I'm so glad you got a peek inside a 1BR and that you seem pleased with what you saw.

ETA: Just saw your update about the magnifying mirrors. That is such good news! I can't wait to see your photos!

@jekjones1558 looking forward to seeing the pics! We have a standard view 1 bedroom booked in October and would LOVE to get a refurbed room.
Does anyone know when they started the refurb and when all rooms will be completed? Is it just one bedrooms or studios too?! This is so exciting!

Glad to hear you are going to post photos. Thanks for taking the time and sharing.

Supervisor says rehab will take all year. All sizes of rooms will be done. There is another thread somewhere with studio photos. I took a couple of photos of the new tile and floor in studio bathroom and of the studio chest with doors open. No GVs are done yet. But we are at DHS now so will post later.

Clean and fresh and new tile! Thanks so much for posting! This stuff is so fun to see. I will miss the old chair next to the tv in the living room because the armrest was flat and I could rest my drink on it. But it looks lovely. Wish they used the lighter wood furniture thou.

image.jpg image.jpg Still one flat arm chair in bedroom. New headboard pictures.
Wait, that must be living room chair because there is laminate floor.

Last edited:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Teacup lamp is gone. End table with drawer. Laminate floor. 2 chairs with vinyl seats. New counters and backsplash. 50 inch TV in living room.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 43
We just added a small contract at BWV last summer. I'm so looking forward to staying there in December. Thanks for the pictures!

Bedside table. New drapes. Recovered storage stool and old full length mirror. New bedroom carpet. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter