• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying Direct BWV- Waitlist

Oh boy...oh boy...oh boy. Can't wait for mine to come through. Congrats to all you who's points came through.

You guys who just got your BWV points. Did they just show up online...did your guide call you first...how long after the call do they show up online? Thanks! Oh, and do you think it would have been better to go for 50 points instead of 55? My guide told me that there was 100 June points available and nobody on the wait list (at quick glance). She said they may have been offered to someone and DVC is waiting to hear if they still want them. I thought (hoped) she would call me back that night to say we had our points, but no such luck. So now I wonder if the person who was offered them wanted 50 and now there is 50 left but we are on list for 55. Maybe I am over thinking!

I was on the waitlist for August for approx. 7 months
My guide called me and points showed up the same day

You guys who just got your BWV points. Did they just show up online...did your guide call you first...how long after the call do they show up online? Thanks! Oh, and do you think it would have been better to go for 50 points instead of 55? My guide told me that there was 100 June points available and nobody on the wait list (at quick glance). She said they may have been offered to someone and DVC is waiting to hear if they still want them. I thought (hoped) she would call me back that night to say we had our points, but no such luck. So now I wonder if the person who was offered them wanted 50 and now there is 50 left but we are on list for 55. Maybe I am over thinking!

Our guide told me he'd call even though they only charge you a $500 deposit + closing cost, he said he still likes to give you a warning. I had the points within an hour of that call. I questioned the amount of points too (the opposite way, like what if they had 60 and they wanted to sell it as one). I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. Hopefully you'll get a call soon for your June or Aug UY. If you don't hear back within the week, I would probably call your guide back amount the June UY points.

If you don't mind me asking, how long was your wait from when you put yourself on the list?

I know you were asking the other poster but I was just on it for a month. Waitlisted 2/4 for 50 Aug UY points and that came thru 3/5.

I know you were asking the other poster but I was just on it for a month. Waitlisted 2/4 for 50 Aug UY points and that came thru 3/5.

Thank you to you both! I am in the process of buying a small contract at BWV and I think I'd like to purchase 25 to 30 points direct after it closes. Just wanted to get an idea of how long the process takes. :goodvibes

If they only have 50 points left and you are on the list for 55 they will go to the next person. I wouldn't sweat it much though.. Mouse has been ROFR a lot of BWV lately and you should have the points soon. Got mine very quickly ... Maybe it's the Sept use year I wanted.

We went on the BWV WL on 7/23 for 160 points in 2 80 point contracts. One came through on 1/23 and the other on 3/5. We have an August UY.

We went on the BWV WL for 160 points in 2 80 point contracts with an August UY on 7/23. One came through on 1/23 and the second on 3/5.

Wow...6 and 8 months for Aug UY (and Gizmo's 7 months). I am thinking I'll end up with the June UY points. That's just fine with me as long as it's soon.

If they only have 50 points left and you are on the list for 55 they will go to the next person. I wouldn't sweat it much though.. Mouse has been ROFR a lot of BWV lately and you should have the points soon. Got mine very quickly ... Maybe it's the Sept use year I wanted.

I waitlisted 75 pts for a Sept UY back last October. Just came through last week.

I put myself on the waitlist today for 30 pt w/ an Aug UY. I'm hoping it won't be too long till it comes through. :goodvibes

Thank you to you both! I am in the process of buying a small contract at BWV and I think I'd like to purchase 25 to 30 points direct after it closes. Just wanted to get an idea of how long the process takes. :goodvibes

I waited five months for a 25 point BWV add on (March, not August) and was notified in January that the points were available. I asked if there were any other points free when they called me, and they sold me an additional 14 (39 total). I was surprised that they did that for me, but pleased.

I waited five months for a 25 point BWV add on (March, not August) and was notified in January that the points were available. I asked if there were any other points free when they called me, and they sold me an additional 14 (39 total). I was surprised that they did that for me, but pleased.

My wait was very short ... A week or two for 50 points Sept use year. May have helped that I just purchased BCV.

Since August is the second largest use year for BWV, I'm hoping it will be fairly quick. Disney had 26 BWV resales in March which was an increase for two consecutive months.
But I don't need the points right away...So if I am stuck waiting not much I can do. But I would suspect that my wait would end in August, when the use year starts again and they would only need to give me 2014 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter