Buying Direct BWV- Waitlist

Hello fellow members! First, a little background: Long time reader of these boards, proud new DVC member, and first time poster. My wife and I recently made the decision to (finally) become DVC members after a trip with our young sons in early November. Disney has always played a nice role in our lives. We live in Tampa and had our first date as a couple attending MVMCP in 2007, got engaged at MK in 2009, and found out my wife was pregnant with our third child while we were there in April of this year. WDW seems to hold a special place for us.

We had casually talked back and forth about joining DVC since 2009, and the time was finally right for us. It also helped that GF was a resort my wife has been in love with, so VGF was perfect for us. We purchased two contract: one for 250 points and one for 150 points.

True to form we already have addonitis. Living so close we will end up taking many trips during the year, usually shorter trips rather than longer ones. All of our extended family also lives in the area, so they will be with us frequently as well. The large amount of points just makes sense for us and how we travel to Disney.

We made the decision for Food and Wine time that we wanted a 150 point BWV contract to enjoy as an adults only trip every year. We love the Food and Wine festival. I decided we also wanted to purchase directly from Disney (gasp!) instead of purchasing resale (I've done research, and direct is just what we decided this time.) I called our sales guy and he informed me there is a waitlist for BWV which I was added to. :furious: For June UY I was third on the list. So my actual question: Does anyone know how long this waitlist process averages buying direct? This was two weeks ago, but I have no clue how long this normally takes. Is 150 points a lot to add on for one resort buying direct from a sold out resort? I'd love to hear from someone else who went through the process instead of just getting the scripted answer from sales about how "They don't know but they'll call me as soon as they're in."

All thoughts are appreciated!

Did your wait list come thru or did you move on? I just went on the wait list for 50 Aug UY points. I have no idea what number I am on the list but I was told it would take months. It would be awesome if it came thru before August so we could get 2013 points to bank but I won't hold my breath.

Our waitlist to buy actually just came through about a week and a half ago. I saw on another board that someone else who was waitlisting for BWV direct also came through near the same time, so there must have been a little surge right after the holidays.

Have faith, it will happen!

Our waitlist to buy actually just came through about a week and a half ago. I saw on another board that someone else who was waitlisting for BWV direct also came through near the same time, so there must have been a little surge right after the holidays.

Awesome! That's great news :)

Did you get any idea of points availability for direct resale? I'm wondering if there would still be a wait list? Also is it still $130 per point? I would love to grab 50 more at BWV.

Thanks

Did you get any idea of points availability for direct resale? I'm wondering if there would still be a wait list? Also is it still $130 per point? I would love to grab 50 more at BWV.

Thanks

There's still a wait list, I was just added to it.

The current price for member add on is $123 a point. It's technically $130 a point with a $7 a point developer credit. I'm not sure at what point the developer credit kicks in though.

I just want 30 at BCV or BWV...just a teeny tiny 30 little points and I'd be on :cloud9:...for Valentine's Day... Mother's Day...my birthday...our anniversary all rolled into one gift.
We could do 4 weeknights in a studio for F&W every other year.

The current price for member add on is $123 a point. It's technically $130 a point with a $7 a point developer credit. I'm not sure at what point the developer credit kicks in though.

Thanks! It's worth looking into.

I went on waitlist for 55 February use year points at BWV last week. They are in my account as of Monday. :cool1::woohoo::yay: When I had called my guide last week he said there was points currently available but that they needed to be sorted through the waitlist... I must have been the right use year and amount because days latter points were in my account. I had also called last November and could have received February points at that time also.

I went on waitlist for 55 February use year points at BWV last week. They are in my account as of Monday. :cool1::woohoo::yay: When I had called my guide last week he said there was points currently available but that they needed to be sorted through the waitlist... I must have been the right use year and amount because days latter points were in my account. I had also called last November and could have received February points at that time also.

That is awesome! I wonder if my UY is going to be more difficult. I'm between secretly hoping that happens and just expecting the worst so I don't get my hopes up. I'm still checking for resales but I haven't seen any.

Rackle- did your WL come through yet? I just put in the call to go on for BWV points (June and Aug UY...see which comes through first).

Rackle- did your WL come through yet? I just put in the call to go on for BWV points (June and Aug UY...see which comes through first).

Yep, I just came here to post that I got them today! :yay: I think I went on the list the 4th or 5th and they called today to say they were available and I had my points within an hour. It was awesome. I immediately banked the 2013 points and booked a 1 bedroom for late Oct for F&W.

I was originally told 3-4 months, then not long after I called to change my CC number (damn Target) he said 1-2. I didn't want to get my hopes up so I kept the 4 months in my head and it was just that much more exciting that they only took 4 weeks :) I was going to try for VGF using my HHI points but it was so awesome to get these points before the 7 months opened up because we at least have something now. I still might try to get or waitlist VGF because we're supposed to meet up with friends that are going Fri-Sun but we ended up with Sat-Mon and I just think if we're going to do VGF it might be easier this year instead of next but we'll see.

Yep, I just came here to post that I got them today! :yay: I think I went on the list the 4th or 5th and they called today to say they were available and I had my points within an hour. It was awesome. I immediately banked the 2013 points and booked a 1 bedroom for late Oct for F&W.

I was originally told 3-4 months, then not long after I called to change my CC number (damn Target) he said 1-2. I didn't want to get my hopes up so I kept the 4 months in my head and it was just that much more exciting that they only took 4 weeks :) I was going to try for VGF using my HHI points but it was so awesome to get these points before the 7 months opened up because we at least have something now. I still might try to get or waitlist VGF because we're supposed to meet up with friends that are going Fri-Sun but we ended up with Sat-Mon and I just think if we're going to do VGF it might be easier this year instead of next but we'll see.
I hope there's 40 points left over for us. I left message, about buying 40 BWV points, with guide who is out of the office until Monday :eek:. Did you use Disney CC? I plan to use my Disney CC but recently noticed that they are sending me a new one too because of the Target breach (but I haven't gotten the new one yet...gosh that was months ago when I used my CC at Target). Congrats on your points and your F&W trip!~

I hope so too! I used my Disney CC to get more Disney $$$. It took awhile after they notified me for my new one to actually arrive and of course they notified me right after I added myself to the waitlist.

Rackle- another question...what do you think my chances of getting a standard view studio for 3-4 nights at the end of F&W (so Nov 3-10 time frame)? 7 month window is coming up (that worries me).

Rackle- another question...what do you think my chances of getting a standard view studio for 3-4 nights at the end of F&W (so Nov 3-10 time frame)? 7 month window is coming up (that worries me).

Studios were pretty booked up for Oct 24-27. That's why we ended up with a 1 bedroom. It wasn't a big deal for us anyways because the 2013 points would have went to waste it we didn't use all 50 and it ended up being exactly 50.

I don't think u have much chance on a standard, maybe a pool view. Good luck, stuff opens up all the time.

As of today we are on the BWV wait list for 55 points...on June and Aug UY. It's a $7 off incentive for current members (so $123pp) and closing costs are $129. If we get the points before June/Aug, we get 2013 points but don't pay 2013 annual dues...and only pay prorated dues for 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter