• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bring on the stretchy pants, it's a DDP Report, final thoughts :)

We didn't have lunch because of the Tusker House breakfast, so I made our Yachtsman ressie for 6:35. The walk from World Showcase was nice and I saw the awesome pool there, and wow it looks amazing. The Yacht Club looked like a very classy place to stay! We arrived near our adr time, and waited about 5 minutes. The decor and atmosphere was very upscale and formal.

DSC05659-1.jpg

DSC05662-1.jpg

DSC05663-1.jpg

DSC05664-1.jpg

DSC05665.jpg

Our was very attentive and made some really great suggestions for us to try for the DDP. The bread was sooo good and the butter with sea salt and olive oil was fantastic. The marinated garlic was so yummy with the butter.

DSC05666-1.jpg

DSC05667.jpg

Love your review of Tusker House. We've never done it, we'll have to try it for a future trip. The beginning of your Yachtsman review looks great...never been there either and am looking forward to the rest of it.

enjoying your review...and I think your review of Narcoosee's just decided me to try Citricos next trip instead!

That bread at Yachtsman's looks scrumptious...can't wait to see the entrees!

How do you get pictures of the menus to come out? Every time I try, get nothing but glare from the flash...if I turn off the flash, picture is too dim to see? You must have a way better camera, lol.

enjoying your review...and I think your review of Narcoosee's just decided me to try Citricos next trip instead!

That bread at Yachtsman's looks scrumptious...can't wait to see the entrees!

How do you get pictures of the menus to come out? Every time I try, get nothing but glare from the flash...if I turn off the flash, picture is too dim to see? You must have a way better camera, lol.

I think Citricos will is a great choice, as Narccossees just wasn't what I thought it would be. I turned off the flash for the menu pics, I also try to be sneaky with my picture taking the restaurants so people don't think I am strange LOL!!!

Moving right along with the Yachtsman Steakhouse review, for our app selection my DH chose the Ceaser Salad. Now it is all about presentation at these signature restaurants and the lettuce came out in huge stalks. So he had to cut it up along with the croutons, which became very messy! He said the salad was very good though. I chose the seafood salad, it was good, not out of this world though. We could not not keep our hands out of the bread basket and they even brought us more, I am telling you it was that good :)

Onto the entrees my DH chose the New York Strip, and I had the filet. The strip steak was flown in from Australia, which my DH is half Aussie and thought that was kind of cool. OMG, the filet was soooo good there. It was very tender and cooked just the way I wanted it. Their potatoes were good as well, just too many of them to eat.

So after our main entrees, we we were so stuffed, I blame the bread :lmao:, so can you believe we skipped dessert. I didn't want to even see a dessert I was so full. I tell you this deluxe dining will take a toll on your body:rotfl:

Pictures coming right up from the YM!

What was on your filet and the strip steak? Mark loves steak, but absolutely HATES when they put sauces on his meat. I think the filet looks quite yummy.

The strip is served with a peppercorn brandy sauce and the filet is served with a red wine sauce.

Kathy I am sure they would hold off on the sauce if you told them to, the service at this restaurant was superb.

Can't wait to hear and see more! I had to get up and go get a snack while I was reading your posts, they made me hungry!
popcorn::

My rating for the Yachtsman Steakhouse is a 9 out of 10:) I don't have the receipt with me to provide an itemized breakdown, however the costs was around the $120 ish mark without desserts.

Oh, I forgot to share my margarita from the new tequila spot in Mexico. It was an avocado margarita, it was $13.00 and worth every penny. If you like guacamole, it is sooo good!!! I could only handle one, as it was almost too much of a good thing :rotfl:

DSC05656-1.jpg

DSC05657-1.jpg

WooHoo!!!! You found my favorite spot in all of Epcot, love those Margaritas!;)

Another here not too impressed with Narcoossee's. Now, Citricos on the other hand is fabulous!:thumbsup2

Another here not too impressed with Narcoossee's. Now, Citricos on the other hand is fabulous!:thumbsup2

:offtopic: Where have you been, Kat? I've been waiting for you to show up on my PTR.

OP, that margarita looks great -- am going to have to try one of those.

Thanks for the update on Yatchmans' Steakhouse and glad you enjoyed it b/c I just booked my ADR's online and booked Yatchman's.
Can't wait to read more...popcorn::

Yachtsman was happy to leave the sauce off when I asked. I got the filet and dbf got the porterhouse. The mashed potatoes were good but his fries win the prize. Going back in November!!

I think I am going to make an ADR for Citricos for November. No dining plan on the next trip though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter