BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boards newbie but previous lurker. I learned a lot from this board so thought I would share.
I was at CSR from May 24th to the 29th. I tend to think it is best to keep things simple and wanted a refurbished room so only requested the Cabanas. We ended up on the ground floor in Cabanas 8A facing half towards the lake (not a preferred room but almost a view). This actually worked out perfectly for us - we were 1 min from the bus stop and 1 minute from the pool - very handy when running through a downpour. It was very quiet and pleasant, I spent a while relaxing on one of the hammocks while waiting for laundry and it was wonderfully peaceful. The only convention appeared to be some "young leaders", college age kids who dressed normally and were pretty quiet, or not where I was anyway.
I think actually the most attractive section to me is the Ranchos -LOVE the southwestern theming and landscaping there. The whole resort is very beautiful though.
The Dig site is awesome, my kids LOVED the slide and enjoyed the kids activities there. I like the hot tub just a step away so I could have adult time while still being accessible.
Transportation was great. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and generally they weren't too full. Regardless, even when we had to stand, the trip was pretty short, no more than 5 minutes to the parks, so it was fine. Never used the car once.
We weren't on the dining plan so only ate at the resort once - the Pepper Market is just too expensive. I wasn't really a fan anyway although the food is better than typical Counter Service food that I saw at Disney. It seems redundant to have to tip a server who does little more than bring a drink -I appeared to do all the work shlepping the food around and payed for the privelege too!
Staff were all great, housekeeping was excellent and the room was spotless every day when we returned.

All in all we were very pleased and would happily recommend the CSR to anybody. When we eventually visit Disney again I really want a lot more room and a kitchen though - so while I will probably have to choose between the Wilderness Cabins or staying offsite, the Corronado was so great that it will actually be hard not to just return there.

Thanks for your report. I'm so glad you enjoyed the CSR!!!

Ranchos will be done by September. 7B is about half way done with it's refurb and 7A is up next.

Thanks for the update. You are the BEST!

We returned home Sunday evening from a wonderful 8 night stay at CSR...it is our new favorite resort. I was so excited when we checked in and were in Cabanas 9A. I knew then we were in a refurbished room. The room wasn't ready so we dropped our carry on luggage with Luggage Services and went to Pepper Market to eat first thing. We were on the dining plan and wow you all are right that is the best counter service food/value at Disney!! Both DH & I had the fajitas, our youngest DD had a hot dog and our oldest had a bacon cheeseburger. After lunch we went to the MK and came back to the resort after dinner at Chef Mickey's. We found out we were in room 9200...a corner room with 2 windows and a view of the quite pool!!! We had paid for a standard view so I was pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded! The room was so nice! We had previously only stayed at Value resorts so the fridge in the room was great. I had read that some didn't keep things cold enough. Many times our water was frozen so ours worked great. Another great thing was the slide in the pool...we all enjoyed it! The marina was listed as being closed but it was open during the trip. I even got to see Glen on Sunday morning before we left!! We can't wait to go back. Our original plan was to wait until Christmas of 2010 but maybe we can get back before then.

Thank you all for all of the help for my many questions before the trip!!

Thank you so much for the AWESOME report. I am so glad you had a great stay at CSR. AND you got to see GLEN! Can't wait to see your pictures. Thanks again for the review! :)

I just faxed over my room request:yay:! Getting excited only 2 more days until we leave and 4 days until we check in!!!:cool1: Thank you guys for all of the wonderful info!! I promise to give you all a report when we return.

Katmark, any ideas when the Casitas will be finished with the remodel??

Whats your fav building to stay in??

Katmark, any ideas when the Casitas will be finished with the remodel??

Whats your fav building to stay in??

Well, as Ranchos 7B is half way done and 7A is next, Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are going to be the last buildings (the bottom three floors) that are going to be worked on. Personally, my preference is Casitas 5, followed by 4. Either one of them is perfect in my eyes.

Just wanted to say thank you for the latest reviews! :thumbsup2

It is so nice of you all to take the time to post. So many of us really enjoying reading the reviews - even the not so great with the faves. ::yes::

Glad you had a wonderful stay and thanks again for taking the time to post about your stay! :goodvibes

Well, as Ranchos 7B is half way done and 7A is next, Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are going to be the last buildings (the bottom three floors) that are going to be worked on. Personally, my preference is Casitas 5, followed by 4. Either one of them is perfect in my eyes.

THANKS!!!!

Why those 2 buildings??

I am curiuos.....:confused3

THANKS!!!!

Why those 2 buildings??

I am curiuos.....:confused3

They are close to the quiet pool; the fitness center/spa (I always get a massage); laundry (if I should ever decide to do it while on a trip) and a pleasant walk to either the main building or the main pool.

Oh boy did I miss the boat on the renovations ! I thought that I had read that Casitas1,2,3 and part of 4 were DONE !! Ut - oh !! Casitas is our favorite section. We in Ranchos this past November for 2 nights in a room that had not been renovated and still loved it. The only exception was that it was too far too El Centro but we did not go there but once or twice to eat and we drove over on our way to the parks. This trip we will have my Dad's wife with us and would like to have her near to El Centro (had 2 different spinal surgeries this winter and I am afraid of stamina issues). Would also like to be near bus stop for Casitas. In the past we have stayed in (I think) Casitas 2 and we so enjoyed the walk back and forth. It was beautiful. Any suggestions on where to request? Is none of Casitas 1, 2, or 3 done? How about by the quiet pool - we will be there July 1st. Think it will be done by the quiet pool by then?

Oh boy did I miss the boat on the renovations ! I thought that I had read that Casitas1,2,3 and part of 4 were DONE !! Ut - oh !! Casitas is our favorite section. We in Ranchos this past November for 2 nights in a room that had not been renovated and still loved it. The only exception was that it was too far too El Centro but we did not go there but once or twice to eat and we drove over on our way to the parks. This trip we will have my Dad's wife with us and would like to have her near to El Centro (had 2 different spinal surgeries this winter and I am afraid of stamina issues). Would also like to be near bus stop for Casitas. In the past we have stayed in (I think) Casitas 2 and we so enjoyed the walk back and forth. It was beautiful. Any suggestions on where to request? Is none of Casitas 1, 2, or 3 done? How about by the quiet pool - we will be there July 1st. Think it will be done by the quiet pool by then?

Theresa, hi. Casitas 4 is completely renovated and by the quiet pool. It is also close to Bus Stop 2 which is the first stop picked up and dropped off.
The top floor (4th floor) of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are done. My guess is they won't start the first, second and third floors of Casitas Buildings 1, 2 and until they are done with both Ranchos buildings (they are half way with 7B and then they will do 7A which would probably take them into July).

Hello All - SOOO excited - just booked our trip Sept 30th - Oct 7th and can't wait! We are so excited to stay at Coronado Springs and love reading everything on here - so much great info,advice, suggestions! I am hoping to make a request sometime and am deciding between Casitas or Cabana section - I am thinking the kids would like the Cabana area b/c it is close to the main pool. Any opinions or advice on which of those 4 sections you might request?? I was thinking 8A or 8B - any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated!:cloud9:
Thanks!
Kristy

Boards newbie but previous lurker. I learned a lot from this board so thought I would share.
I was at CSR from May 24th to the 29th. I tend to think it is best to keep things simple and wanted a refurbished room so only requested the Cabanas. We ended up on the ground floor in Cabanas 8A facing half towards the lake (not a preferred room but almost a view). This actually worked out perfectly for us - we were 1 min from the bus stop and 1 minute from the pool - very handy when running through a downpour. It was very quiet and pleasant, I spent a while relaxing on one of the hammocks while waiting for laundry and it was wonderfully peaceful. The only convention appeared to be some "young leaders", college age kids who dressed normally and were pretty quiet, or not where I was anyway.
I think actually the most attractive section to me is the Ranchos -LOVE the southwestern theming and landscaping there. The whole resort is very beautiful though.
The Dig site is awesome, my kids LOVED the slide and enjoyed the kids activities there. I like the hot tub just a step away so I could have adult time while still being accessible.
Transportation was great. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and generally they weren't too full. Regardless, even when we had to stand, the trip was pretty short, no more than 5 minutes to the parks, so it was fine. Never used the car once.
We weren't on the dining plan so only ate at the resort once - the Pepper Market is just too expensive. I wasn't really a fan anyway although the food is better than typical Counter Service food that I saw at Disney. It seems redundant to have to tip a server who does little more than bring a drink -I appeared to do all the work shlepping the food around and payed for the privelege too!
Staff were all great, housekeeping was excellent and the room was spotless every day when we returned.

All in all we were very pleased and would happily recommend the CSR to anybody. When we eventually visit Disney again I really want a lot more room and a kitchen though - so while I will probably have to choose between the Wilderness Cabins or staying offsite, the Corronado was so great that it will actually be hard not to just return there.

Thanks for the great review! We were in Ranchos and it was pretty but far from el centro. This time we are requesting Cabanas or Casitas. Can't wait!

We are arriving Saturday 6/13 around 9am and would like to have our luggage and shipped water delivered to our room, however, we will probably not be there as we are heading to the park. I would like to ensure that whoever delivers it gets a tip. Is there a way to have bell service deliver the items and ensure that the CM gets the tip (if I left it when storing luggage)?

Hello All - SOOO excited - just booked our trip Sept 30th - Oct 7th and can't wait! We are so excited to stay at Coronado Springs and love reading everything on here - so much great info,advice, suggestions! I am hoping to make a request sometime and am deciding between Casitas or Cabana section - I am thinking the kids would like the Cabana area b/c it is close to the main pool. Any opinions or advice on which of those 4 sections you might request?? I was thinking 8A or 8B - any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated!:cloud9:
Thanks!
Kristy

Hey, we're going to be there too 9/26 thru 10/5! In regards to "best" buildings, look at the 2nd or third post way back on page 1, he gives some great guidelines.
I can't wait to try out the Pepper Market and only have to use a counter service credit!:woohoo:

I agree that if you want more room and a full kitchen/Washer/dryer it's much much less expensive staying off site, than paying the big cost for the cabins or a suite in one of the Disney hotels. :teacher:

Currently at MCO awaiting our flight home. LOVED CSR!! I'll post more info tonight or tomorrow, including loads of pictures! We stayed in a renovated King room in Casitas 5 (5240), saw Glen every morning, and his cousin in the pond right outside of the loading dock gates onto Western(?).

Thanks!
Kristy

Congratulations, Kristy. So glad to hear the news. We love Casitas 4 and 5, but I understand Cabana 8A and 8B are both awesome spots too.

Currently at MCO awaiting our flight home. LOVED CSR!! I'll post more info tonight or tomorrow, including loads of pictures! We stayed in a renovated King room in Casitas 5 (5240), saw Glen every morning, and his cousin in the pond right outside of the loading dock gates onto Western(?).

So glad you had a great trip!! Can't wait to hear more and see all those pics!!! Have a good flght home! :goodvibes

For those of you unaware, our fellow CSR lover, Alan Renfroe, is doing a trip report from the family's recent stay at CSR. Here is a link to the trip report:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084

Thanks, Kathy!! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter