BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KatMark - I know you love Casitas 4 or 5 - I can see why - I love the exterior looks of that - and it is near that convenient 1st bus stop and the spa area. I am torn between the two areas - just wondering what is more conducive to kids. All the descriptions are really good and I am pretty sure I can't go wrong with either one. The one thing that keeps drawing me back to the Cabana area is the closeness to that main pool - which I know my kids will love. Then again, it seems pretty convenient to get to from the area that you stay in. Do you like staying on the ground level or up higher? Also, based on your experience being there at the resort - is the Pepper Market, main area actually a little closer to Casitas?

On, BTW, Glen must be an alligator there. I wouldn't mind running into him. Seems like people like him!

Thanks again for all this great information that you and others provide on here!

Kristy

We are arriving Saturday 6/13 around 9am and would like to have our luggage and shipped water delivered to our room, however, we will probably not be there as we are heading to the park. I would like to ensure that whoever delivers it gets a tip. Is there a way to have bell service deliver the items and ensure that the CM gets the tip (if I left it when storing luggage)?

If you are using the yellow DME tags, then your luggage is delivered to your room when it arrives.

If you are bringing your luggage with you, you can do 2 things:
1. Place it in storage, if the room is not ready.
2. If the room is ready, go with it to the room.
You cannot just have your luggage sent to the room if you want to head to the parks, you need to be with it or at the room to receive it.

Since you are also ordering water, you will have to contact the business center to get the water sent to you room, since you have to pay a delivery fee. Then they will work with you to get it to the room.

Leaving Monday morning :cool1:. Can't wait. Faxing my room request tomorrow. We're hoping for Casitas 4 or 5 or Cabanas 8a.

Does anyone know if I should wait a couple days to do online check-in after faxing my reqest?

We leave for CSR on Monday too:banana: I called and was transferred to the front desk at CSR, they read the request that I had on my ressie so I felt that was sufficient. We'll be at CSR around 11:00am, so I'm hoping to be early enough to get our request-we want anywhere in Cabanas.

Leaving Monday morning :cool1:. Can't wait. Faxing my room request tomorrow. We're hoping for Casitas 4 or 5 or Cabanas 8a.

Does anyone know if I should wait a couple days to do online check-in after faxing my reqest?

We leave for CSR on Monday too:banana: I called and was transferred to the front desk at CSR, they read the request that I had on my ressie so I felt that was sufficient. We'll be at CSR around 11:00am, so I'm hoping to be early enough to get our request-we want anywhere in Cabanas.

Hope you both have wonderful trips. :woohoo:

For those of you unaware, our fellow CSR lover, Alan Renfroe, is doing a trip report from the family's recent stay at CSR. Here is a link to the trip report:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084

Thanks, I'm feeling better and better about my decision to switch to CSR (although Glen's cousin has me just a tad concerned now:scared1::rotfl:).
Exactly how many alligators does CSR have?:rotfl:

Thanks, I'm feeling better and better about my decision to switch to CSR (although Glen's cousin has me just a tad concerned now:scared1::rotfl:).
Exactly how many alligators does CSR have?:rotfl:

3 or 4? And who knows...a baby may be on the way. :lmao:

I asked this over on the dining board, but since it is an issue rather unique to CSR, maybe someone here knows the answer. I love that CSR has its own mugs, but I collect mugs from our trips so I'd really like to have both the resort mug and the red Celebrate! mug.

We're on the deluxe dining plan for our upcoming trip, so our mugs are paid for already. Would it be possible to use 3 of our mug credits at CSR for those mugs, and the remaining two when visiting another resort to have the Celebrate mugs as souvenirs, or are the mug credits assigned to the resort where you're staying? IIRC from our first deluxe trip, they printed on the receipt just like meal/snack credits, so I'm thinking you could use them at any Disney dining location, but I was hoping someone had first-hand experience with this.

Ranchos will be done by September. 7B is about half way done with it's refurb and 7A is up next.

Yes, we do try to place convention guests in the Casitas if we can. However, depending on the size of the group will depend on if they are all in casitas or sometimes even cabanas or if they are spread throughout.

Thank you! I'm going to keep it simple then and request a room near the Dig Site. I don't really care which section, I just know my kids will want to be at the pool every night! And hopefully with the conventioneers preferring Casitas, I'll have a good chance of getting what we want. :goodvibes

Whew, it has taken me a week and a half but I read it page for page. I had posted a big thank you to Buzz on 05/27 but now realize he has gone away. So thank you to everyone who posts here. Special appreciation to Katmark and Jameslynn!!! :cheer2:

The posts are so informative. So much so, that my location request has changed numerous times (in my head). Still not sure where I will request. :confused3 We will have our own vehicle but will still choose to use bus service most of the time. Dig site will not be much of a concern as we are rope drop to lights out kinda people. DH is 6'5" so we would rather not have double beds. Have a res for waterview but seriously thinking of dropping to standard. Not much of a $$ savings but could use it for some nice cocktails. And frankly, when we are in our room, we have the drapes drawn for privacy.

Now that I've finished this thread, onward to check out pictures and trip reports. I will be back daily to check on you all though. :thumbsup2

Got back late last night (delays due to stormy weather in Philly). I'm not a detailed trip report writer.. but I'll give you some highlights, tips we discovered and then we can open it up to Q&A.

We arrived at CSR around 10:30 am on Sunday. I'd faxed a request for a renovated Casitas room, preferably Building 5. The Castmember checking us in told us that we had been assigned a Cabanas room in 9B but it wasn't going to be ready until after 3pm. She must have seen my Casitas request & indicated she would see what she could do to get us in a room right away. Within 10 minutes we were on our way to Casitas 5, room 5240 (a King) which had a parking lot view but was perfectly located on the corner down the hall from the elevator, directly next to building 4. No complaints there. Room was nice, furnishings/bedding new.. who could ask for more!

The buildings were much closer together (almost interwoven) than the maps demonstrated, so the difference between two building locations is almost indistinguishable in some cases (depending on where your room is). We seemed to be about 1/2 way between El Centro & Dig Site. But we ended up on driving to El Centro to fill up our mugs in the morning for the drive to the parks. And driving over to the 7B parking lot (which was empty because of the renovation there) for a shorter walk to the Dig Site. DH has really bad feet issues (one surgery already & more in the future) so the more walking we could save for the parks the better.

We rented a car so we didn't use the transportation but we always saw buses coming & going. We also never saw more than a handful of people at the stops.

We didn't eat here other than one night when DH got a $10 Panini from Cafe Rix, he said was not very good.

Glen was by El Centro every morning. We also discovered that if you leave CSR by the side gates (by the Convention center) and take a left onto Western(?)... there is a body of water to the right of the road... we saw another Gator there every morning, twice getting out of the water, once sunning himself. He seemed a bit bigger than Glen. We also saw a dead Gator on I4 on the way to the Outlets one day :(

I've seen some folks complain about how slow the gates to get in were.. we went out by Cabanas several times & I agree... However, the gates towards Casitas were never closed & made it a quicker entrance/exit. Not sure if it's always like that or not.

Smoking... DH is a smoker so we have some insight to the DSA situation. The smoking restrictions was in NO WAY mentioned at checkin. It may have been in the stuff I signed but definately was not pointed out. DSA's seemed to be all around, never a far walk & very pleasant scenery (unlike at work when they put you out by the dumpsters). We didn't see too much abuse of the smoking restrictions, a few really early morning balcony smokers. We did not witness any inforcement of the rules by CMs. Not to say it doesn't happen but reading up on the DSA thread I almost got the impression that the resorts were almost patrolled against it.

That's all I can think of for now. LMK if anyone has a specfic question! Here's some pictures of the CSR Grounds:
062-1.jpg

063-2.jpg

064-1.jpg

Glen at El Centro:
149.jpg

081-1.jpg

087.jpg

Glen's Cousin:
187.jpg

Christine, thanks so much for taking the time to post! So happy you had a nice room and enjoyed CSR. :)

The photos are great and I saved a couple of my resort screen saver (I alternate between that one the one of my grand-baby. :thumbsup2 ).

Did you miss the worst of the rainstorms or was that the week Florida was hit with the much needed rain?

Thanks again! :goodvibes

Got back late last night (delays due to stormy weather in Philly). I'm not a detailed trip report writer.. but I'll give you some highlights, tips we discovered and then we can open it up to Q&A.

We arrived at CSR around 10:30 am on Sunday. I'd faxed a request for a renovated Casitas room, preferably Building 5. The Castmember checking us in told us that we had been assigned a Cabanas room in 9B but it wasn't going to be ready until after 3pm. She must have seen my Casitas request & indicated she would see what she could do to get us in a room right away. Within 10 minutes we were on our way to Casitas 5, room 5240 (a King) which had a parking lot view but was perfectly located on the corner down the hall from the elevator, directly next to building 4. No complaints there. Room was nice, furnishings/bedding new.. who could ask for more!

The buildings were much closer together (almost interwoven) than the maps demonstrated, so the difference between two building locations is almost indistinguishable in some cases (depending on where your room is). We seemed to be about 1/2 way between El Centro & Dig Site. But we ended up on driving to El Centro to fill up our mugs in the morning for the drive to the parks. And driving over to the 7B parking lot (which was empty because of the renovation there) for a shorter walk to the Dig Site. DH has really bad feet issues (one surgery already & more in the future) so the more walking we could save for the parks the better.

We rented a car so we didn't use the transportation but we always saw buses coming & going. We also never saw more than a handful of people at the stops.

We didn't eat here other than one night when DH got a $10 Panini from Cafe Rix, he said was not very good.

Glen was by El Centro every morning. We also discovered that if you leave CSR by the side gates (by the Convention center) and take a left onto Western(?)... there is a body of water to the right of the road... we saw another Gator there every morning, twice getting out of the water, once sunning himself. He seemed a bit bigger than Glen. We also saw a dead Gator on I4 on the way to the Outlets one day :(

I've seen some folks complain about how slow the gates to get in were.. we went out by Cabanas several times & I agree... However, the gates towards Casitas were never closed & made it a quicker entrance/exit. Not sure if it's always like that or not.

Smoking... DH is a smoker so we have some insight to the DSA situation. The smoking restrictions was in NO WAY mentioned at checkin. It may have been in the stuff I signed but definately was not pointed out. DSA's seemed to be all around, never a far walk & very pleasant scenery (unlike at work when they put you out by the dumpsters). We didn't see too much abuse of the smoking restrictions, a few really early morning balcony smokers. We did not witness any inforcement of the rules by CMs. Not to say it doesn't happen but reading up on the DSA thread I almost got the impression that the resorts were almost patrolled against it.

That's all I can think of for now. LMK if anyone has a specfic question! Here's some pictures of the CSR Grounds:
062-1.jpg

063-2.jpg

064-1.jpg

Glen at El Centro:
149.jpg

081-1.jpg

087.jpg

Glen's Cousin:
187.jpg

Great review--thank you for sharing. That's funny...the gates at the Casitas are never "up" when we are there and are very slow and sometimes take forever to go up.
I'm glad you enjoyed the resort and I absolutely LOVE your pictures. Do you mind if we copy and past them into the CSR photo thread?

Kathy

Nice report. We are going Oct 2nd and have the free dining plan. If your on the dining plan and eat at Pepper Market do you have to pay the 10% tip or is it included?

Yes, the waiter will tell you that the tip is not included. You have to leave it in cash or you can take it to go. Some people just don't pay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter