BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and fax in your request before you arrive. We have some amazing people who work in the back office who are good at granting room requests.
There's also a manager stationed in the lobby. Chat with them and sometimes they are also helpful in pixie dusting to get your request. Find out where the room is at check-in and you can also ask for the cashier to check for another room that fits your request. We have some amazing front desk service advisors who are wonderful at moving rooms around to get guests what they would lie.

You can do online check-in if you would like. Our on-line check in guy will already have your room assigned and if it's the room that you have request, you won't have to worry about having to have us move rooms. With online check in, if you don't like the room, you can ask for a change. It just slows down the online check in time.

I am available for pictures. Gosh I feel like Mickey Mouse! I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights. Friday nights, I'm not available because I am the graveyard back office girl. But I'm around the rest of the nights and early morning.

Great! We're at CSR from May 20-May 27 and then we transfer to the Swan for my dh's conference. Should we ask for JamesLynn? :)

One more question (for now). In one of Kat's pictures, there are doors separating the "room" from the "bathroom" area. I'm a little worried that we will keep my 16 month old up if we are in the same room reading, talking, or watching tv. Would a pack and play or crib fit in there? Any other ideas for keeping him separate? I've heard of people rigging up a blanket type thing, but I'm not sure how that would work. We currently have a king reserved, but I'm happy to switch it to queens if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help and we look forward to meeting you!

I checked in on 4/3 and walked up to the online check in desk and was immediately attended. My packet was handed to me in less than a minute and was assigned a room in Casitas 5 but asked if I could have a room in the Cabanas and under 4 minutes I was handed a new set of KTTW cards and off to Cabanas 9A room 9103. It was a corner room so I had two windows. I was steps from the Quiet pool which was nice but a bit noisy noisy at times. It was nice to hang out and have some drinks at the Laguna Bar. We were on the dining plan so eating at Maya Grill and Pepper Market was great. I did not see the alligator but CSR is beautiful. The renovated rooms look exactly as it does in the pictures. We had a great time and can't wait to go back.

Hi, aubriee! I'm currently planning to be there Dec. 13-18, also solo! Maybe we could meet for a drink or something!

Sounds great! There are several people from the solo board that's going to be there that week. You are more than welcome to join us for some ADRs if you want some company during the week. I usually meet up with them at least a few times when I'm down there. That's what I love about solo trips, you can hang out with others if you want for awhile, then go off and do your own thing. I believe at least one friend of mine may also be at CSR that week. She'll be solo too.

I've read a lot about how big CS is, but how does it compare to CBR? We've stayed there in the Jamaica section, and I didn't think the walk was bad to the food court or buses. Is CS bigger?

I've read a lot about how big CS is, but how does it compare to CBR? We've stayed there in the Jamaica section, and I didn't think the walk was bad to the food court or buses. Is CS bigger?
CBR is definitely bigger than CSR.

Great! We're at CSR from May 20-May 27 and then we transfer to the Swan for my dh's conference. Should we ask for JamesLynn? :)

One more question (for now). In one of Kat's pictures, there are doors separating the "room" from the "bathroom" area. I'm a little worried that we will keep my 16 month old up if we are in the same room reading, talking, or watching tv. Would a pack and play or crib fit in there? Any other ideas for keeping him separate? I've heard of people rigging up a blanket type thing, but I'm not sure how that would work. We currently have a king reserved, but I'm happy to switch it to queens if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help and we look forward to meeting you!

We've put a pack-n-play in that area before with no problem. We would put the PNP there and close the privacy curtain to make it dark for our child to go to sleep. It worked great!

I checked in on 4/3 and walked up to the online check in desk and was immediately attended. My packet was handed to me in less than a minute and was assigned a room in Casitas 5 but asked if I could have a room in the Cabanas and under 4 minutes I was handed a new set of KTTW cards and off to Cabanas 9A room 9103. It was a corner room so I had two windows. I was steps from the Quiet pool which was nice but a bit noisy noisy at times. It was nice to hang out and have some drinks at the Laguna Bar. We were on the dining plan so eating at Maya Grill and Pepper Market was great. I did not see the alligator but CSR is beautiful. The renovated rooms look exactly as it does in the pictures. We had a great time and can't wait to go back.

I am sorry for being dense.. I can usually figure out all fo the acronyms, but I can't for the life of me figure out KTTW? LOL please help. :confused3

I am sorry for being dense.. I can usually figure out all fo the acronyms, but I can't for the life of me figure out KTTW? LOL please help. :confused3

Key to the World (this is your key for your room, entrance to the park, has your dining credits, etc.).

We had the queen beds in our room and put the PNP right in between the 2 beds and my son had no problem sleeping even if we had one of the lights on. But he hardly slpet in it, though. Who could blame in him with those comfy beds? LOL He was out like a light in our beds regardless of what was going on and he usually needs it to be dark and quiet!

The only concern I'd have about putting the pnp crib is that those doors can be a bit noisy when you open and close them. Just be careful with them or you'll wake up the little one and that wouldn't be good!

LOL. If you asked for JamesLynn, my co-workers would be so confused!

Yes, the pack and play would fit in the little closet area next to the sink and you would be able to close those the doors.

It's so funny that I come to this place a few times a day to get my CSR fix! LOL I miss it so badly! I guess it feeds my addiction till next year! I should be on the other boards planning but instead I come in here (and other CSR threads) to feed my addiction!

JamesLynn, I can't remember clearly but didn't they sell umbrella strollers at Panchitos? I know I seen them somewhere and wasn't sure if I saw them at the actual parks or at Panchitos. My son will be 18 months when we return and I'd rather just buy a stroller when we're there rather than drag one along! LOL

We are going Aug 29-Sep 6 our 1st time to CSR and our first trip for my dad taking my brother - this trip might turn out interesting - me dad myson and my little brother..
2 boys both 11 - both have asperger's syndrome and my son has bad asthma and ADHD on top of it... but due to finace we decided to split a room don't know how smart that is.. anyway I already spoke with special services and requested a room close to the main building since my son and walking in heat can sometimes be an issue.. Hopeing that request can be meet at least.
my next big magical request and I know how far fetched this could be but what harm in trying is asking for an upgrade to a "bigger" room
just wondering if everyone thinks the same as me that is prob will not be meet. but I was thinking that if the boys have more space the normal in a room they might not kill each other during the week.. they tend to have issues if they are kept together to long.. I do plan to break away and take my son on his own once in a while to give him a break but nights worry me..
:eek:
so I figure no harm in asking - if they do great if they don't we will work through it.. right!

We visited CSR in November '08. Does anyone know if the resort mugs have changed? I read somewhere that all the mugs were changing in 2009. If they are different, could someone post a picture? Thanks!

:)

we will be arriving at CSR october 2nd....
are the boats and such available for rental during that time? i think i read somewhere that the rentals were only "seasonal"
TIA

We visited CSR in November '08. Does anyone know if the resort mugs have changed? I read somewhere that all the mugs were changing in 2009. If they are different, could someone post a picture? Thanks!

:)

The CSR has the same mug as last year. They do not carry the "What Will You Celebrate Mug" (just like they didn't carry the Year of a Million Dreams Mug) as the Pepper Market is not owned by Disney. Therefore, CSR has the same mugs again this year (the same they've had the last several years).

we will be arriving at CSR october 2nd....
are the boats and such available for rental during that time? i think i read somewhere that the rentals were only "seasonal"
TIA

Yes, the marina is only open seasonably. As of now, this is the remainder of the 2009 season:

February 15-21, 2009
April 5-18, 2009
June 1 - Sept 7, 2009

They may be open some holiday weekends as well. You would have to check directly. Personally, the lake is so small at the CSR, that if we decide to rent a boat, we go over to the Polynesian and rent one there to go out onto Bay Lake as there is more to see and more space to do it in.

Good afternoon! I was about to book my room online and I noticed in the description "full size bed". Hmmmm??? Are all the rooms converted to queen size beds now? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter