BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again!! Hope that everyone is well!
We returned from CSR 3.5 days ago, it has taken me this long to get through the 25 pages I have missed on this thread whilst I was away.

It is so cold here after the very warm weather we had in sunny orlando.

We arrived at CSR (it is as beautiful as the photo's) around 5pm. We were in the rancho's section (had requested cabanas) and was a little disappointed but we were on the ground floor right in front of the quiet pool. This was building 7B. It turned out to be great my girls 4 and 9 loved the quiet pool and we were also very close to bus stop 4. We had 2 connecting rooms great for us to relax whilst girls slept!

The buses were very good except for when we had ADR's (coincidence!? or disney conspiracy!!) we waited about 5-10 minutes usually. On ADR days we waited about 30minutes (go figure!!):rotfl2::rotfl2::confused::confused::rotfl2:

Buses were generally OK. Only once was there no room on a bus although we did have to stand a couple of times, this was only first thing n the morning or at closing time!

We personally loved the PM but the other family members with us hated it!! I did notice that some dishes were huge and could be shared others were on the small side. We also loved the laguna bar. Nice to unwind with a beer at the end of a busy day!

Went to the dig site once to swim (yes I even made it on to the slide but fortuneatly there are no photos that I know of!!) but my girls preferred the quiet pool.

We saw glen the alligator (he was called Bill by some of the staff at the laguna bar) also saw a turtle!

The concierge staff were excellent even with all my silly questions. Had a couple of problems at check in with 2 rooms being linked to one account (2different families!) but I believe this was a problem caused by the wording used with our TA. Also was not informed Bell services could take our luggage we had been travelling for 22 hours by this point so my brain was non existant to work this out on my own, and we struggled with 4 suitcases 2 pieces of hand luggage a stroller and a tired sulky 4 year old!! Apart from this all CM's great.

Had a couple of conferences on whilst we were there. Found this to be good as long as you don't eat at regular times (ie. lunch at noon!).

Sorry if this has gone on a bit. If I ever get the hang of the photo thing I'll post some (never heard of photobucket or whatever it is!!)

Hope to be back soon. My DD4 is already asking if we can do another countdown chain for her next trip!! Disney addict at such an early age!! Must get back to my:laundy:

We were at DW last october. We stayed in a cabin at FW. Kids loved it. (DD 8 and DS 6) We are considering coming for FD this year, and I had a few questions:

1. Do you think kids will be disappointed by lack of "mouse stuff" at CSR? I think we will get enough mouse stuff at the parks, but just wanted to check.

2. We drove last time, and took ALOT Of stuff. We are considering flying, so not as much stuff. If we order from Garden GRocer, will CSR people bring it to our room?

3. Will someone at the desk bring our luggage to our room, or will we have to haul it ourselves?

4. Any problems getting buses to early ADR's inside the parks. Would like to do Crystal Palace at 8 am, and would be worried we wouldn't make it.

5. Any problems getting a cab if we want? How much would one be for a family of 4 to say DTD?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks

1. Disney stuff You will still get Mickey cups for the kids, a store, mickey high chairs etc. Its as 'Disneyfied' as any other resort and more than those such as GF

2Gardengrocer We have used them twice. Ordered groceries to be delivered at about arrival time. In 2007 they arrived after us and Bell services called to check we were in our room and then delivered them to us. No problems. This year even better our flight was delayed and the groceries arrived first. We mentioned it to bell services when we had checked in and they took us plus our luggage to the storage area, collected our groceries and added to the cart then delivered all of us and our luggage and groceries to our room.

3Bell services We have always used DME so they do drop your luggage but to be honest the car parking is so near all the rooms you wouldn't have a problem moving your own. We have seen other car drivers drop their luggage at the entrance and get their ticket so that it can be delivered to their room.

4 breakfast ADRs and transport First and second trips to CSR we got early transports for our ADRs no problems. This time we had two early morning ADRs one at CRT and one at Ohanas. The morning of CRT we got a 7am transport no problem at all but when we wanted to get to MK to take monorail to Ohanas we waited for thirty minutes and no transport so we jumped in a cab.

5 cabs We have had a fair few cabs. We are usually in a rush at least once during our holiday and jump in a cab so as not to miss our ADR. We also need to check in to the UK at DTD so take a van with our luggage there on the last day. Second trip we even needed a 2.30am cab to take us to Pop Century to get a coach to the shuttle launch. Never waited for a cab the guy out front just whistles for one. Never paid more than $15 to get anywhere!

Hello again!! Hope that everyone is well!
We returned from CSR 3.5 days ago, it has taken me this long to get through the 25 pages I have missed on this thread whilst I was away.

It is so cold here after the very warm weather we had in sunny orlando.

We arrived at CSR (it is as beautiful as the photo's) around 5pm. We were in the rancho's section (had requested cabanas) and was a little disappointed but we were on the ground floor right in front of the quiet pool. This was building 7B. It turned out to be great my girls 4 and 9 loved the quiet pool and we were also very close to bus stop 4. We had 2 connecting rooms great for us to relax whilst girls slept!

The buses were very good except for when we had ADR's (coincidence!? or disney conspiracy!!) we waited about 5-10 minutes usually. On ADR days we waited about 30minutes (go figure!!):rotfl2::rotfl2::confused::confused::rotfl2:

Buses were generally OK. Only once was there no room on a bus although we did have to stand a couple of times, this was only first thing n the morning or at closing time!

We personally loved the PM but the other family members with us hated it!! I did notice that some dishes were huge and could be shared others were on the small side. We also loved the laguna bar. Nice to unwind with a beer at the end of a busy day!

Went to the dig site once to swim (yes I even made it on to the slide but fortuneatly there are no photos that I know of!!) but my girls preferred the quiet pool.

We saw glen the alligator (he was called Bill by some of the staff at the laguna bar) also saw a turtle!

The concierge staff were excellent even with all my silly questions. Had a couple of problems at check in with 2 rooms being linked to one account (2different families!) but I believe this was a problem caused by the wording used with our TA. Also was not informed Bell services could take our luggage we had been travelling for 22 hours by this point so my brain was non existant to work this out on my own, and we struggled with 4 suitcases 2 pieces of hand luggage a stroller and a tired sulky 4 year old!! Apart from this all CM's great.

Had a couple of conferences on whilst we were there. Found this to be good as long as you don't eat at regular times (ie. lunch at noon!).

Sorry if this has gone on a bit. If I ever get the hang of the photo thing I'll post some (never heard of photobucket or whatever it is!!)

Hope to be back soon. My DD4 is already asking if we can do another countdown chain for her next trip!! Disney addict at such an early age!! Must get back to my:laundy:

Thanks for letting us know about your trip. Glad you had a good time at the CSR. We too often prefer the quiet pool! Sorry you went home to cold weather.

Is there an age/height requirement for the pool slide?

Here are the rules (I hope you can see most of them) for the Jaguar Slide:

sliderules.jpg

Hey, Buzz, KatMark, and Jamie, WE'RE COMING BACK! We stayed at CSR last November and we are returning for a second trip in September. My husband, 9-yr. old son, and I all loved that resort and WDW! Thanks to you (and all the others) we had no problem deciding where to stay! I'm back on board and can't wait!!
:cool1::thumbsup2

Hey, Buzz, KatMark, and Jamie, WE'RE COMING BACK! We stayed at CSR last November and we are returning for a second trip in September. My husband, 9-yr. old son, and I all loved that resort and WDW! Thanks to you (and all the others) we had no problem deciding where to stay! I'm back on board and can't wait!!
:cool1::thumbsup2

Always love to hear that someone enjoyed their stay at CSR so much that they are going back. :cool1:

FYI, Buzz is no longer with the DIS. But JamesLynn and I will try to help if you have any questions.

I also just returned from 8 days at CSR (returned on 4/3), and I fell in LOVE with the resort from the second I stepped on the grounds.

We were in building 9A (Cabanas), overlooking the quiet pool. I found myself wishing on most nights that the quiet pool was open past 9, even though the Dig Site wasn't a very far walk, it would have been really great to lounge in the pool near the room.

I met the little gator on the rocks by the beach on our 2nd day there. He was catching some sun while I was grabbing a few pictures.

I have stayed on property several times now, mostly in value resorts and moderate-ish hotels off-property, and not once have I had as much of a desire to just chill around the resort like I did this time.

I find myself looking for the relaxing music they play all over the resort, as well.

The countdown to Christmas at WDW begins. :)

Hope to be back soon. My DD4 is already asking if we can do another countdown chain for her next trip!! Disney addict at such an early age!!

We are doing the countdown chain too. Really helps DD 5 to grasp the concept of time. We've been telling her we had plans for the weekend, movie shopping etc. and she would just smile and say 'then are we going to Disney?'
Also staying at CSR for the first time, looking forward to it!

Time for a Happy Dance!

:cool1::yay::cool1::yay:

One month until my vacation at Coronado Springs with my family!

:cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1:

Oh, JamesLynn...it's getting closer. I'm so happy for you...I know you've been looking forward to it. Time to start the countdown.... :thumbsup2

I have been "lurking" for a while and I just want to thank everyone who contributes to this thread. My family and I have been to WDW several times and we've usually stayed at deluxe resorts. After reading this thread we have decided to stay at CSR. We will be there for 7 nights starting July 29. Thanks to what we've read from all of you, we are as excited about our first stay at CSR as we were about our first trip to WDW.

I have been "lurking" for a while and I just want to thank everyone who contributes to this thread. My family and I have been to WDW several times and we've usually stayed at deluxe resorts. After reading this thread we have decided to stay at CSR. We will be there for 7 nights starting July 29. Thanks to what we've read from all of you, we are as excited about our first stay at CSR as we were about our first trip to WDW.

Wonderful to hear. We used to stay at deluxes (CR and Poly) and switched to CSR (after a brief stay at the All-Star Sports). We've never regretted leaving the deluxes and CSR has become our home away from home.

Here are the rules (I hope you can see most of them) for the Jaguar Slide:

It says good/strong swimmers only but I saw a lot of young (would guess 2/3 year olds) going down the slide with the lifevests on!

Thanks for the info!

I have an older DD who is a great swimmer, but I'm sure the younger two will want to try it. They've been on slides at waterparks before, but I wasn't sure what the rules were here. I'll check it out when we get there. They'll probably just enjoy the playground.

I cannot wait to see this resort in person. :love:

You'll love the resort! i fell in love and can't wait to go back! As soon as the 2010 prices come out, I'm booking!

Thanks for the info!

I have an older DD who is a great swimmer, but I'm sure the younger two will want to try it. They've been on slides at waterparks before, but I wasn't sure what the rules were here. I'll check it out when we get there. They'll probably just enjoy the playground.

I cannot wait to see this resort in person. :love:

No problem. I always tell people if you love it half as much as us we will be happy. :)

Can anyone tell me if they replace the shampoo and other toiletries daily? We would like to bring as little liquids and gels as possible.

Can anyone tell me if they replace the shampoo and other toiletries daily? We would like to bring as little liquids and gels as possible.

They did when we were there...I came home with lots of extras. If you run out, just leave a note and ask for more or call mousekeeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter