BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW Buzz! You have some amazing threads going here about CSR, and a great website too. I have just started to look around, so I know that this info is probably out there and I just haven't found it yet, but...

Can you tell me how long it typically takes to get to each of the parks from any of the 4 stops on property? Does CSR EVER share a shuttle, or is it ALWAYS exclusive?

(my apologies if I am just blind and haven't found it! :confused3 :rotfl: )

Here is the info you are looking for from Buzz's website:

Hollywood Studios - Bus Stop 6 (1st stop) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
AK - Bus Stop 8 (middle) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
MK - Bus Stop 10 (1st) - 10 min ride once leaving resort
Epcot - Bus Stop 7 (2nd) - 7 min ride once leaving resort
BB - Bus Stop 6 (middle) - 3 min ride once leaving resort

CSR never shares buses with any other resort.

WOW Buzz! You have some amazing threads going here about CSR, and a great website too. I have just started to look around, so I know that this info is probably out there and I just haven't found it yet, but...

Can you tell me how long it typically takes to get to each of the parks from any of the 4 stops on property? Does CSR EVER share a shuttle, or is it ALWAYS exclusive?

(my apologies if I am just blind and haven't found it! :confused3 :rotfl: )
CSR never shares a bus.

I've been looking on tripadvisor and CS gets a bit of a harsh write up by a lot of people, saying the rooms need refurbishing etc.

Is it only some of the blocks that have been updated?

I've been looking on tripadvisor and CS gets a bit of a harsh write up by a lot of people, saying the rooms need refurbishing etc.

Is it only some of the blocks that have been updated?
Yes, they've only done a few floors in casita 1, 2, and 3 and cabana 9a. They have a long way to go.

Ah, ok, so do I need to pay extra for a renovated room? Or request water view or king or something?

I'm happy to pay more to get a nice room, as it's the first of many trips for my partner and I, and I don't want anything to put him off!

Ah, ok, so do I need to pay extra for a renovated room? Or request water view or king or something?

I'm happy to pay more to get a nice room, as it's the first of many trips for my partner and I, and I don't want anything to put him off!
You make a request but there are no guarantees. The later in the year you go, the more rooms that will be completed.

We booked CSR yesterday because, with the 4/3 free, it was only $317 more than staying at POP. We've never stayed at either, but having read this thread and Buzz's site, we were sold! May 27-June 3, here we come. :goodvibes Thanks!

Hey all...We just booked our grand gathering at CSR. We will be there from April 26 to May 2. :cool1: We are really excited to go back to CSR, as we were just there last May. Does anyone know if we will still be able to rent the bikes even though la marina is closed during our stay? Also, when I received my reservation confirmation from Disney it labeled both of our rooms as "limited view" rooms. We booked standard view rooms, so what do they mean by limited view? :confused3 By the way...we are going to stay in the casitas this time. Last year we stayed in the cabanas.

Hey all...We just booked our grand gathering at CSR. We will be there from April 26 to May 2. :cool1: We are really excited to go back to CSR, as we were just there last May. Does anyone know if we will still be able to rent the bikes even though la marina is closed during our stay? Also, when I received my reservation confirmation from Disney it labeled both of our rooms as "limited view" rooms. We booked standard view rooms, so what do they mean by limited view? :confused3 By the way...we are going to stay in the casitas this time. Last year we stayed in the cabanas.
From the first page.

6) NEWS - The marina at CSR will only be open on a seasonal basis. Here are the dates through summer of 2009.

February 15-21, 2009
April 5-18, 2009
June 24 - July 11, 2009

Reading and reading and can't find if there is a parking fee at the CSR. I probably missed it five times, but I figured it would be easier to just ask all the CSR experts.

Is there a charge to park at the resort? What is the cost?

Thanks!

Reading and reading and can't find if there is a parking fee at the CSR. I probably missed it five times, but I figured it would be easier to just ask all the CSR experts.

Thanks!

There is no charge to park at the resort. You will get a pass to put in your windshield for your length of stay. This also allows you to park free at the parks.

There were no standard rooms available for our stay in early May, so when I had a choice of king of waterview, I chose waterview. Now that I've learned that all other rooms have queen beds, I'm thinking it would make more sense to go with the waterview instead of the king. Are there any other benefits to being in a king room other than the size of the bed? Do you know if there are more king rooms than waterview rooms or vis versa? (I'm just wondering whether reserving a king vs. a waterview would make it more or less likely that I would get my requests, which will be the Cabanas and/or a renovated room.)

Yay hubby just confirmed that he changed us from Pop Century back to Cornado! It was only a $200 difference in price!:dance3: Can't beat that, we would have had to pay $100 for the fridge at Pop, so we only really added $100 extra to our total. I am sooo excited!:rotfl:

Thx for all the good info, We're heading there on 2/5/09:thumbsup2 for 9 nights.

WE can't wait, we stayed at CBR the last 2 trips and loved it....just trying a change in resorts, seems we made a good decision so far by all the nice pics....
which I'll try to add some new pics as I'm up early every day for a walk and let the family sleep in for a bit.......

Question on the big hot tub, where exactly is that at?..looks sweet! What are the hours normally on it?

Another question...we opted for waterview...

My wife has a disability to the point that she can not walk long periods of time each day from a car accident years ago.

We get an ECV at the parks each day.. (I tried to talk her into getting one for the 9 days we are there), but she likes to walk around the resort and to the parks and doesn't want to get on & off the bus with it:confused3 , but it's her choice..!:love:

Being semi close to the Main pool (if that is where that hot tub is) and as we have 2 children 12&11 which I am sure they would enjoy being close to it and semi near the Pepper Market and other eateries..what would be the best location,building, centralized if you will...... keeping in mind a not to far hike to the bus stop....(it's the end of the day coming back that takes it's toll on her from the bust to the room)....

At CBR we stayed in the Jamaica Bldg which is across the bridge from the main pool and eatery area which was fine..just using that as an example as to the distance that is ok for her

Thx for your help & ideas........:thumbsup2

Thanks!
Swan and Dolphin are the only ones to charge for resort parking.

Sorry to repost this but I am wanting to see if anyone can help me with these questions.

When I received my reservation confirmation from Disney it labeled both of our rooms as "limited view" rooms. We booked standard view rooms in the Casitas, so what do they mean by limited view?

Since the marina will be closed while we are there, will the bike rentals be closed as well? Or they still available?

Thanks.

Does CSR offer any bounce back deals when you stay there or is this something you need to ask for? If we like it...was hoping of maybe getting a deal for later in the year or next year with free dining.

Does CSR offer any bounce back deals when you stay there or is this something you need to ask for? If we like it...was hoping of maybe getting a deal for later in the year or next year with free dining.
Last Feb, the card was in our room to purchase a bounce back offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter