BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hubby will be at a convention at Swan/Dolphin in April. How long should it take him to get there if we stay at CSR? Thanks, guys....

I know king beds are located in each building and they are adding 100 more king beds but I'm not sure where the HA king bed rooms are.

Hi everyone, we're headed to CSR Feb 3-9th and I have been reading the thread and having a hard time chosing the best area of the resort to request a room. It's myself and my husband and two girls 6 & 3 yrs. old. Not sure if we will use the pool too much in February, and we will most likely drive our own car to and from the parks. Which location is best for us, would like to have a short walk to the car and the food court.
Thanks in Advance!
Amanda

Hi everyone, we're headed to CSR Feb 3-9th and I have been reading the thread and having a hard time chosing the best area of the resort to request a room. It's myself and my husband and two girls 6 & 3 yrs. old. Not sure if we will use the pool too much in February, and we will most likely drive our own car to and from the parks. Which location is best for us, would like to have a short walk to the car and the food court.
Thanks in Advance!
Amanda
Check out this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=29296405&postcount=3

We are going to be staying here over Easter...check in day before Easter and check out following Saturday. We will have young kids, so we planned on requesting 8a or 8b. Concern is how full the buses will be by the time they get around to Bus Stop 4. I think it is the 3rd stop for the theme park buses. If you have been Easter week, how full were the buses by the 3rd stop? We would hate to try to get on with 2 big double strollers with a crowded bus...as I am sure everyone on the bus would hate it too!

Bus usually fill up at the last stop if they fill up at all. We've only had that happen on a few occasions but it is usually leaving the parks late. You shouldn't have a problem with that since the convention people don't use the bus or pool because they are working.

Did I read correctly that there are NO towels provided at the pool? You have to bring your own from your room right?

And do they provide a volleyball for the volleyball court?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Did I read correctly that there are NO towels provided at the pool? You have to bring your own from your room right?

And do they provide a volleyball for the volleyball court?

Thanks! :goodvibes
There are towels at the main pool. YOu bring room towels to the quiet pool. Yes, they provide a volleyball.

Thanks in Advance!
Amanda
If you won't use the pool much, the casitas may be better for you. Casita 3 is very nice. 5 is too but a little further away from the main building but closer to the bus stop.

I am having trouble figuring out where each of the buildings are at the resort. If we want to be near the hot tub which building should we request?

back from a weekend at CSR and liked it a lot. We were in Casitas #5 room 5100. Only complaint was the water in the tub was nearly impossible to turn off.

Room was comfy, walk to the pool wasn't too bad, nor was the walk to the front. Walk to the bus was a breeze and the buses I was on went on the loop before they stopped at the front.

We just switched from AKL to CSR. We already had booked the 4/3 free deal. We just stayed at AKL in Sept. We really loved it, but after reading this thread, I thought to switch. I like to stay in different places and this is a resort I have never been to.
My DH and I are trying to get the Club Level, I think we will just keep calling and hope it opens up!
Hope we made a good choice switching.

Thanks For all the great Info!!

We are going to be staying here over Easter...check in day before Easter and check out following Saturday. We will have young kids, so we planned on requesting 8a or 8b. Concern is how full the buses will be by the time they get around to Bus Stop 4. I think it is the 3rd stop for the theme park buses. If you have been Easter week, how full were the buses by the 3rd stop? We would hate to try to get on with 2 big double strollers with a crowded bus...as I am sure everyone on the bus would hate it too!
If you are using bus stop #4, you shouldn't have any problems. In my 10 stays at CSR, I can count on one hand the number of times I had to stand. It usually happens leaving the parks late at night. A couple of times we had to stand going to Epcot but this happened from the last bus stop, #1.

So, I'm obsessing, er, um, thinking about our upcoming trip to WDW in April (20-27), and dreaming about the down time I'm planning for us at CSR. Now that the Marina is only open seasonally, it will unfortunately not be open during our stay. What are we missing out on? I find it puzzling that it will be closed then since many travellers will be coming down for their school breaks. It's MA vacation that week.

Anyway, will we be totally bummed that we can't take advantage of the Marina area? There are 7 of us and I've booked two rooms. Myself, DH, 14yo DS, 7yo DS, 5yo DD and my MIL and FIL.

So, I'm obsessing, er, um, thinking about our upcoming trip to WDW in April (20-27), and dreaming about the down time I'm planning for us at CSR. Now that the Marina is only open seasonally, it will unfortunately not be open during our stay. What are we missing out on? I find it puzzling that it will be closed then since many travellers will be coming down for their school breaks. It's MA vacation that week.

Anyway, will we be totally bummed that we can't take advantage of the Marina area? There are 7 of us and I've booked two rooms. Myself, DH, 14yo DS, 7yo DS, 5yo DD and my MIL and FIL.

Hi!
I will have to say NO, but it will be totally up to you and how much of a priority it was/is! My DS12 and myself did not use the marina/boats or bikes when we were there last April, any downtime we had at the resort was spent relaxing by the pool (either DIG site or quiet pools). The grounds at CSR are just beautiful... just enjoy yourself and be happy for real DOWNTIME when you can relax... you will have plenty of "on the go" time when you are trudging through the parks!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

ok...seems like everyone here is an expert of csr, in one capacity or another. so my question is...is csr walking distance to epcot? or animal kingdom? or any other resorts? just wondering...a little freaked out about the bus system...and what is the best way to get to dtd? :flower:

Hi!

I am not sure why you are "freaked-out" about the bus system, but I will tell you that CSR has the BEST bus service! My DS12 and myself stayed at POP the first trip and there were LOTS of people and we stood on buses at least 80% of our trip going from POP to the parks and again back from the parks! The CSR buses were not that way at all! CSR has the CLOSEST bus stops at the parks, so when you have had a very LONG day/evening at the park and you go out to the bus stops to get on the bus, you do not have to walk ALL THE WAY To the last bus stop to get on your bus... the CSR stops at every park are one of the first bus stops! AND, there is a DTD bus that goes the loop through CSR just like all the park buses... when you see one that says DTD jump on and it will take you there!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter