BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

I'm not registered on FB, so thank you for posting about the construction info. that's posted there.
No problem. Any remote chance that thet build a monorail station to the north end of the WL after they build the cabins? It is right there. I would settle for a walking path to the poly or TTC.

Any remote chance that thet build a monorail station to the north end of the WL after they build the cabins? It is right there. I would settle for a walking path to the poly or TTC.
Pretty much zero chance of any link to the monorail. Adding a station to the existing resort loop would slow everything down not to mention the astronomical cost of a new station. A walking path to the TTC would have to cross a road that has a lot of traffic (every bus heading to/from the MK, all the people heading to the Contemporary and CM's heading to work) just wouldn't be safe.

Pretty much zero chance of any link to the monorail. Adding a station to the existing resort loop would slow everything down not to mention the astronomical cost of a new station. A walking path to the TTC would have to cross a road that has a lot of traffic (every bus heading to/from the MK, all the people heading to the Contemporary and CM's heading to work) just wouldn't be safe.

A bridge could be used to cross the road. That's what most other "cities" do and in essence WDW is a small city unto itself. But do I think they will? No.

We are going 10/11-17. I wonder if all the walls will be up. Trying to decide on a room request. I'm thinking the walls will not effect the upper floors, so may request upper floor, pool view (1 bedroom villas).
We r here now and there are no construction walls up. No signs of the impending construction mess other than the scaffolding that has been up forever and currently on the south side.

A bridge could be used to cross the road. That's what most other "cities" do and in essence WDW is a small city unto itself. But do I think they will? No.

I don't know why it took us so long to realize how close to the TTC the WL is, but it finally occurred to me during our last stay in December. After taking nearly 90 minutes to get to Epcot (which included a ridiculously long wait for a bus) to get back we took the monorail to the TTC and then grabbed a cab...$5 and less than 5 minutes later we were back at the WL. It's so, so frustrating that the WL doesn't have access to the TTC. Then again, if it did I'm sure Disney would raise the rates at the WL accordingly.

I don't know why it took us so long to realize how close to the TTC the WL is, but it finally occurred to me during our last stay in December. After taking nearly 90 minutes to get to Epcot (which included a ridiculously long wait for a bus) to get back we took the monorail to the TTC and then grabbed a cab...$5 and less than 5 minutes later we were back at the WL. It's so, so frustrating that the WL doesn't have access to the TTC. Then again, if it did I'm sure Disney would raise the rates at the WL accordingly.

There used to be a bus from WL to TTC but it was stopped around the time that Disney stopped using it so much as the Transportation center hub. That bus was nice.

We r here now and there are no construction walls up. No signs of the impending construction mess other than the scaffolding that has been up forever and currently on the south side.
Thanks jh91! Love to know if you see anything happening in next few days.

Yet Disney has figured out how to allow guests to safely cross World Drive (the same drive guests would have to cross to get from the WL to the TTC) to walk from the Contemporary to MK.

I just mapped it out on Google Maps. It's .5 miles from the Contemporary to the front gate of the MK. It's .8 miles from the WL to the TTC. It would be nice to have it as an option, but I agree that they'll never do it.

Has anyone with February reservations received a letter about construction?

Some people don't receive letters. I have never received one and my trip is this month. My TA didn't receive one on our behalf either.

Our trip is the end of January/early February and we got our letter in July.

To determine which guests receive the heads up letters it seems they use the same algorithm as the one used to determine who gets a PIN Code (Unique Offer Code)! :crazy:

Some people don't receive letters. I have never received one and my trip is this month. My TA didn't receive one on our behalf either.
I am pretty sure that you only will receive a letter if you book directly through Disney. Last year we booked through AAA and didn't receive a letter about the construction on the SCS pool. By the way, I can report that still no signs of DVC expansion construction (No fence yet).

To determine which guests receive the heads up letters it seems they use the same algorithm as the one used to determine who gets a PIN Code (Unique Offer Code)! :crazy:

I am pretty sure that you only will receive a letter if you book directly through Disney. Last year we booked through AAA and didn't receive a letter about the construction on the SCS pool. By the way, I can report that still no signs of DVC expansion construction (No fence yet).

I think dansdad is right - the algorithm is random. We booked through a TA and got the letter.

I booked through a TA and also got a letter. I will say, though, that our stay starts October 18th (and ends the 24th) and when I called about the letter, they did say that a bunch of letters for October stays were sent out by mistake as construction doesn't start until the 26th.

We're also staying in the villas (on a cash reservation) and not the main lodge, so it could be that the people staying in the villas got letters for October stays but the main lodge guests did not.

Hi All, I know construction won't start for a bit - but any new pics saving memories of the lodge grounds the way we love them before too much is cleared away? Old pics work too!

This may have already been posted but we are here right now and when we went down to the boat dock we discovered they've cleared a bunch of trees that used to hide the boat dock from view. It was very disappointing to see.

89B70C10-7190-45BF-B6E8-EA1214F8BEDA_zpswvekz8of.jpg

F87452E6-6F39-41A8-AB73-5C766AAE0D15_zps93zlfufa.jpg

78744816-C662-4184-9C5D-5B8143711A15_zpsupd6njml.jpg

The more I look at these photos, the more I realize how much I'm going to miss the old WL.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Got questions about DVC?
★ ☆ ★ THE DVC INFORMATION CENTER ★ ☆ ★
in the DVC Forums has the answers to your questions about the Disney Vacation Club.

Last edited:
The more I look at these photos, the more I realize how much I'm going to miss the old WL.

Got questions about DVC?
★ ☆ ★ THE DVC INFORMATION CENTER ★ ☆ ★
in the DVC Forums has the answers to your questions about the Disney Vacation Club.
The trees that were taken out is not related to the construction.

The trees that were taken out is not related to the construction.
I disagree. I believe clearing this land was a test and a way to prepare us for the shock of what's to come when they start clearing land for the cabins on both sides of the resorts. The dense woods will still exist in areas past the resort, and on the covered wooden walkway side of the Villas, but the rest that is in and around the waterways will look similar to what they did here. Of course, we will only know when the project is done.

Still, the cleared area looks rather "Blah" to me.

On the upside: Mother nature works relentlessly to reclaim her land. Unless they keep at it, the area will eventually fill back in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter