BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

I got the letter and call about my stay in November. I called and asked specifically about whether I could be moved to a different resort because I'm disappointed that the renovation was announced after I booked. I was told they could check to see what might be available, but that I'd lose free dining. I decided to stay because of that.

I got the letter and call about my stay in November. I called and asked specifically about whether I could be moved to a different resort because I'm disappointed that the renovation was announced after I booked. I was told they could check to see what might be available, but that I'd lose free dining. I decided to stay because of that.
You should not lose free dining if you booked your stay prior to the announcement in July (I'm thinking it was July 10th.) If you were not given any type of compensation (the $100/room/night discount or something else) you might want to call back and make sure you talk to GUEST SERVICES. The regular folks do not have the ability to do anything for you - only Guest Services can. I used a TA and neither the TA nor we have received a letter. We didn't receive a letter last year either for the pool rehab but had bailed for AKL on that one. We are going before you are so I would have thought any notification would have come to us by now.

If you received nothing on your previous call (which is how I read your post) try calling again and just ask to be transferred to Guest Services because of the WL project. Best wishes for success.

I think all the paths will be closed, the movies will be inside, and you will be directed to the fires at the camp ground. Does anyone know if they are closing these and the pool on Oct 2nd when the fencing goes up. I've called the Wilderness Lodge and gotten conflicting answers on this. Some say they will be fenced but open until Oct 26. Some say they close on Oct 2nd with the fencing. We will be stay Oct 11-17. Thanks for you help!!

Thanks for the info. It will be great if you can still walk over to the Fort

I have been moved over to the CR - Garden Wing, and have kept our free dining as I double checked. I did book through a third party but direct with Disney thought it would be easier for you.

we are not going until November 2016 is there any point in getting in touch with Disney yet? We are coming from UK

Hi all--We booked WL for Nov 2015 under a BB offer when we were there in May '15 but haven't received a letter yet about the construction. Is there a special number I should call to speak to someone about this? TIA!

Hi all--We booked WL for Nov 2015 under a BB offer when we were there in May '15 but haven't received a letter yet about the construction. Is there a special number I should call to speak to someone about this? TIA!

I got my call last week. We are staying at the Lodge part. No offer to move or discount. I did ask. She said it was the paths, etc but wouldn't infere with my stay. I am mostly likely csncelling due to certain reasons. So I didn't really care. I assume you can call Disney travel and ask to speak to GR but don't let them say they can help you. Tell you need to talk to a person dealing with the impact of the construction. Good luck

I got my call last week. We are staying at the Lodge part. No offer to move or discount. I did ask. She said it was the paths, etc but wouldn't infere with my stay. I am mostly likely csncelling due to certain reasons. So I didn't really care. I assume you can call Disney travel and ask to speak to GR but don't let them say they can help you. Tell you need to talk to a person dealing with the impact of the construction. Good luck

Thanks for the feedback. I will give a call later and then decide if we should change resorts or not. Primary reason for WL is proximity to MK; if the boats are running on schedule then we might just stay put.

Hmm..I just called and they totally downplayed the construction. I was told "minor" refurbishments to the villa pool and the far end of the marina will be under construction, nature trail closed. I mentioned Dis and was told that lots of what I read was misinformation (really? LOL).

ETA I called back and was persistent and finally spoke to GS. The GS-CM immediately offered to switch us to Poly under the same pricing as BB offer. I was a little hesitant due to East Pool construction but took the offer. Along the way I was told by initial contact CM that there was minor construction at WL, next agent (BB) told me that he could switch me for more money to Poly or GF, then when I persisted that I wasn't happy since we planned a resort day and had already budgeted the trip, was switched to GS who moved us for no price change.

Last edited:
Hmm..I just called and they totally downplayed the construction. I was told "minor" refurbishments to the villa pool and the far end of the marina will be under construction, nature trail closed. I mentioned Dis and was told that lots of what I read was misinformation (really? LOL).

ETA I called back and was persistent and finally spoke to GS. The GS-CM immediately offered to switch us to Poly under the same pricing as BB offer. I was a little hesitant due to East Pool construction but took the offer. Along the way I was told by initial contact CM that there was minor construction at WL, next agent (BB) told me that he could switch me for more money to Poly or GF, then when I persisted that I wasn't happy since we planned a resort day and had already budgeted the trip, was switched to GS who moved us for no price change.

Happy that you got a hold of them and it worked out for you. That is what they told me blah, blah but I didn't push it as I am certain we can't go but just in case keeping until I get news back from my husband's doctor if can go. We are going this month and had to jump through loops to go with the doctor but she said it was okay as long as he doesn't over do it. lol Glad you were got switched with no extra cost to a nice resort. Have fun !!

I don't think you are able to until you arrive with Disney. They'll redirect you back to your TA before arrival in my experience.

I booked with an agent, can I still call Disney guest services direct to try to change resorts?

Since you booked with a TA you need them to call. Be firm and insist they talk to a GR. your reseverstion is out of your hands when you use a TA. And don't wait until you get there as PP said front desk would just tell you to call TA. Good luck !!

We are going Dec 4-8 and have a studio villa on hold but can switch to regular room also...have 3 days

I was told the lodge would be okay just maybe some noise but nothing heaving but that what they told me. I might be canceling my Nov trip not because of construction but for other reasons. Everything my husband has read it more to do with the villas but he could be wrong lol

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

Typing this chilling in the WL lobby awaiting my bus to go home (waaahhhh!)

There is some scaffolding up in some areas. I just noticed today a few doors down from my wing (room 6143) there was scaffolding up but i never heard any construction.

Also, there is scaffolding up by the entrance as well by the arcade and transportation area. I did hear some construction there midday.

Could someone please clarify for me what the extent of the disruption may be in summer next year? Will the beach etc still be closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter