Booking Disney hotels through Travelocity?

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get it to work closer to their vacation. I assume Travelocity does this to prevent fraud (so the tickets can't be picked up before you're actually on vacation). I'd be really interested to find out exactly how far out we'll be able to link the tickets...and hopefully do a little Fastpass+ planning.

Maybe someone here has a vacation coming up soon that was booked through Travelocity and will be able to fill the rest of us in.

The problem is if they let you link a week out, that might not be enough time to get the best rides/times. So at that point, you'd be better off not linking and just using the tickets for regular fast pass.

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get it to work closer to their vacation. I assume Travelocity does this to prevent fraud (so the tickets can't be picked up before you're actually on vacation). I'd be really interested to find out exactly how far out we'll be able to link the tickets...and hopefully do a little Fastpass+ planning.

Maybe someone here has a vacation coming up soon that was booked through Travelocity and will be able to fill the rest of us in.

I think it is false advertising on the part of Travelocity. If I am booking a Florida vacation and booking stays at multiple resorts (which many people do in order to see Disney, Universal, Sea World) and I decide to buy park tickets at the same time I book one of my hotel/resort stays, it should be very clearly stated prior to purchase that whatever date is on the room, will also be on the tickets. Just because I grab a two day stay from Travelocity and add 5 day Disney tickets, that shouldn't lock me in to exchanging those tickets starting on the date of that particular hotel stay. It is very restrictive and doesn't make sense. In my case I was arriving two days prior.

I don't know of anyone yet who has been able to link the Travelocity tickets to MDE but MDE just started so only time will tell.

I've seen a few other threads telling people to call and get their "Disney Reservation Number". I've assumed that this only worked for the hotel/room reservation and used it to link my room. Has anyone gotten anything other than the "TRxxxxxxx" voucher number for their tickets? Or, I wonder if Travelocity could be coaxed into sending the ticket Will Call order to Disney now instead of days before your arrive.

I've seen a few other threads telling people to call and get their "Disney Reservation Number". I've assumed that this only worked for the hotel/room reservation and used it to link my room. Has anyone gotten anything other than the "TRxxxxxxx" voucher number for their tickets? Or, I wonder if Travelocity could be coaxed into sending the ticket Will Call order to Disney now instead of days before your arrive.

That's the only number I saw... the TR number. But I guess it may be a blessing in disguise not to link to MDE so you can still participate in regular Fastpass.

Doubtful. I called and email both Travelocity and Disney, multiple times. My first question was how to link the tickets but then it became more important for me to make sure I could use them on the first half of a split Disney resort stay. I was such a pain that they offered to refund a supposedly nonrefundable voucher. So I can't see any amount of calling or complaining that will change the way Disney handles these tickets. They tolerate the 3rd party agents but they seem to want to distance themselves from these vouchers.

Doubtful. I called and email both Travelocity and Disney, multiple times. My first question was how to link the tickets but then it became more important for me to make sure I could use them on the first half of a split Disney resort stay. I was such a pain that they offered to refund a supposedly nonrefundable voucher. So I can't see any amount of calling or complaining that will change the way Disney handles these tickets. They tolerate the 3rd party agents but they seem to want to distance themselves from these vouchers.

You think it's Disney or Travelocity? I can't imagine Disney really cares -- there are a number of other 3rd party retailers for Disney tickets, and they all seem to have no problems (UT, for example). Plus, the disclaimer on the Travelocity site says the redemption period restriction only applies to Travelocity orders when you also book a hotel at the same time.

It seems like either, with good intentions but poor effects Travelocity is trying to improve security by making sure no one else could potentially claim your tickets before you arrive on your vacation --or-- they are trying to keep your money in their bank account until they absolutely HAVE to pay Disney a few days before your trip.

That's the only number I saw... the TR number. But I guess it may be a blessing in disguise not to link to MDE so you can still participate in regular Fastpass.

I saw your earlier post on using FP instead of FP+. Is FP+ fully rolled out now? You think the uptake is pretty high already? A coworker just went to DW this week and was able to book good FP+ times up until the day he left. It definitely didn't seem like the system was overwhelmed yet.

I saw your earlier post on using FP instead of FP+. Is FP+ fully rolled out now? You think the uptake is pretty high already? A coworker just went to DW this week and was able to book good FP+ times up until the day he left. It definitely didn't seem like the system was overwhelmed yet.

Not fully rolled out. I'm going first 5 days of Nov.. I doubt its fully rolled out by then. They could however decide to make my resort (Boardwalk) a test resort since I don't think that one's been selected yet.

Subscribing to the thread. We booked through Travelocity and I have been able to see reservations and check-in on MDE and already have our ME luggage tags. I'm curious to see when people can link their park tickets to book FP+. I haven't been able to customize bands yet, but our reservations aren't until 10/10.

Ticket Vouchers appear to be a different beast in the MDE system. I purchased Florida Resident tickets for my parents (who live in Florida) but because I live out of state they gave me vouchers which I can't link at all and must exchange for a "real live" ticket at the park after Disney verifies my parents. Something Disney's gonna have to figure out better because this is a major pain for their system.

I was trying to get a quote from Travelocity for Disney resorts in January-February 2014. Travelocity says that there is no availability at any Disney resort starting January 1 2014 and later. I checked similar sites such as hotels.com, expedia.com, etc., and they all say the same thing.

When does Disney normally open blocks of rooms for these third party sites to sell?

You think it's Disney or Travelocity? I can't imagine Disney really cares -- there are a number of other 3rd party retailers for Disney tickets, and they all seem to have no problems (UT, for example). Plus, the disclaimer on the Travelocity site says the redemption period restriction only applies to Travelocity orders when you also book a hotel at the same time.

It seems like either, with good intentions but poor effects Travelocity is trying to improve security by making sure no one else could potentially claim your tickets before you arrive on your vacation --or-- they are trying to keep your money in their bank account until they absolutely HAVE to pay Disney a few days before your trip.

My guess is that it is probably the latter reason. If I buy tickets through UT, they are real tickets that can be used anytime. Travelocity vouchers don't exist until Disney acknowledges them. But then if that is true, why can't they adjust the date? I just can't understand why they lock you into the date of arrival????
Where did you find the disclaimer you mention?

Subscribing to the thread. We booked through Travelocity and I have been able to see reservations and check-in on MDE and already have our ME luggage tags. I'm curious to see when people can link their park tickets to book FP+. I haven't been able to customize bands yet, but our reservations aren't until 10/10.

If you bought your tickets through Travelocity you can't link them on MDE until you redeem your voucher at the parks. Unless Disney makes changes to the system. As it stands now, the voucher number will not work on MDE.

If you bought your tickets through Travelocity you can't link them on MDE until you redeem your voucher at the parks. Unless Disney makes changes to the system. As it stands now, the voucher number will not work on MDE.

So why did 2 different Disney reps tell me that I could on the phone?

So why did 2 different Disney reps tell me that I could on the phone?

So then link them.

I was told by one Disney rep in the IT dept (working with MDE tech issues) to try using a smart phone and "scan" them in. Didn't work. Then I was told by Disney's ticketing dept, that the tickets don't hit Disney's system till 48 hours from the date of use. Then I was told via email that any other questions I have should go to Travelocity.

So then link them.

I was told by one Disney rep in the IT dept (working with MDE tech issues) to try using a smart phone and "scan" them in. Didn't work. Then I was told by Disney's ticketing dept, that the tickets don't hit Disney's system till 48 hours from the date of use. Then I was told via email that any other questions I have should go to Travelocity.

From one of the emails from Disney:

"Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World Ticketing.

Please contact Travelocity with any questions or concerns regarding your ticket orders, as Disney would not have access to a ticket order until 48 hours prior to the arrival date listed in the vendor's system."

Where did you find the disclaimer you mention?

Under "Redemption Policy" at http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel...D=20249&supplierType=TP&moduleName=TotalTrips ...

Redemption Policy

Exchange your WILL CALL certificate for your Magic Your Way® ticket at any Vacation Planner window, located at the entrance of the four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. Photo identification will be required for issuance of all Walt Disney World® Theme Park Tickets. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Void if altered. Walt Disney World® Theme Park hours vary and are subject to change without notice. Unused tickets and WILL CALL certificates are non-refundable. If you are booking a hotel as part of your package, you can exchange your WILL CALL certificate starting from the date of hotel check-in.

texasadam said:

Thanks. Unfortunately, their disclaimer is tucked away in a pop up window that some people (me) don'open and read. I thought I was adding tickets to my trip, not a "voucher" with usuable dates attached. Didn't realize until the confirmation email. But I like that there are still lessons to be learned well into my 40's. Find and read the fine print!

I was able to book my FP+ picks for our whole stay and we have tickets from Travelocity. I was able to link them in MDE. Our dates are Oct 10-14. I just wanted to let everyone know that it works!!

I was able to book my FP+ picks for our whole stay and we have tickets from Travelocity. I was able to link them in MDE. Our dates are Oct 10-14. I just wanted to let everyone know that it works!!

Did you purchase your tickets in the same order as booking a hotel reservation? Which number did you use to link? The TRxxxxxx on the Travelocity voucher?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter