Booking Disney hotels through Travelocity?

We are within 10 days. Our Orbitz ressie doesn't show up on Disney.com either. Tried both the Orbitz number and the Disney number. Neither work. Contacted Disney and they told me Orbitz ressies are locked for them that I should call the Hotel (Poly in this case) directly. Poly said they will have the reservation in their system 3 days before arrival and I should call back and confirm all my requests are there.

Did you try the directions that I posted? The regular online checkin won't work, but the special website and group checkin link should work for Orbitz. The stuff that you were told by Disney and Poly was exactly what I was told before I got this info about the mydisneyvacation spot.

Did you try the directions that I posted? The regular online checkin won't work, but the special website and group checkin link should work for Orbitz. The stuff that you were told by Disney and Poly was exactly what I was told before I got this info about the mydisneyvacation spot.

Thanks IndianaPrincess. I must have overlooked that in your post. Yes, it worked via the link you provided. Thanks so much!!:thumbsup2

Are you within your 10 days? I tried it with my reservation and still, nothing shows up. It would be nice to know before 10 days.....but that is the nature of the beast when you book third party, and I am aware of that.

Thanks for this info though. It really helps out with the online checkin process, definitely.

I am still praying we get our ME documents. I haven't gotten any sort of confirmation, and I am not sure how long to wait to see if it comes in the mail before calling them.

I booked a 2 night stay at Caribbean beach through Travelocity, I received my Magical Express booklet and the Disney ressie no. was on the yellow luggage tags, I used that 12 digit number to check-in and called the resort directly and used that number to make my room requests, I will be checking in on August 15th, I didi the online check-in on the 10th, the ressie no. should be the 2nd number on the tags.

Are you within your 10 days? I tried it with my reservation and still, nothing shows up. It would be nice to know before 10 days.....but that is the nature of the beast when you book third party, and I am aware of that.

Thanks for this info though. It really helps out with the online checkin process, definitely.

I am still praying we get our ME documents. I haven't gotten any sort of confirmation, and I am not sure how long to wait to see if it comes in the mail before calling them.

I was able to see my reservation before 10 days. I used the link and followed the directions provided by IndianaPrincess.

Thank you sooo much for posting this!! We have a room only booked through that fabulous Orbitz deal a while back at the Contemporary-Magic Kingdom View :banana::banana: and I was just able to pull it up on there using the number that was on our ME passes!! Soo excited it worked and that I can use it for on-line check in!!

Glad to see you found your reservation! :) I was a little worried for you too.

I was a little worried too. Thanks for your help. I don't know how I missed IndianaPrincess's post. Anyway, looks like I'm all set. If I'm checking in on a Monday afternoon (2p), do you think online-check in is the way to go? Not sure how big the check-in lines are at the Poly that time of day on a Monday. :confused3

It looks like I won't be able to do this because we are not flying. We are driving to Disney so I don't need the ME service. I called Travelocity and was told they don't have any kind of Disney confirmation number for me. I'm so disappointed. I guess I'll have to just call the resort at my 10 days out time to make sure they have the reservation in their system.

You might want to call Travelocity back and talk to someone else. You can definately do online check in even if you aren't using Magical Express.

If you click on this link http://leisure.travelocity.com/Promotions/0,,TRAVELOCITY%7C658%7Cvacs_main,00.html(it's a travelocity web page) you can see the link to online check in all the way down at the bottom on the right hand side. Hope this helps!

It looks like I won't be able to do this because we are not flying. We are driving to Disney so I don't need the ME service. I called Travelocity and was told they don't have any kind of Disney confirmation number for me. I'm so disappointed. I guess I'll have to just call the resort at my 10 days out time to make sure they have the reservation in their system.

I think that Travelocity may have given you incorrect information... Do you have the email confirmation that Travelocity sent you after you booked? On this, about half-way down the page, there is a section labeled "Hotel". Under that is listed "Confirmation Number". This number is different than the Travelocity Trip ID. The confirmation number is for your Disney :)hotel, not Travelocity. I believe that once you are within 10 days, you can use this number to do online check-in as described by one of the previous posters.

I hope this helps. :)

We are within 10 days. Our Orbitz ressie doesn't show up on Disney.com either. Tried both the Orbitz number and the Disney number. Neither work. Contacted Disney and they told me Orbitz ressies are locked for them that I should call the Hotel (Poly in this case) directly. Poly said they will have the reservation in their system 3 days before arrival and I should call back and confirm all my requests are there.

I had one through WDW, but couldn't pass up the deal through Travelocity for CBR. We re-booked through them and cancelled the WDW ressie. I was told to put requests in at the 10 day mark directly with the hotel. I called CBR twice to confirm and two different CM's both said the same thing. I'd check again if I were you. I think it would be odd for one resort to get the ressie in their system at 10 days, and another at 3 days. I will know on the 19th, as that's our 10 day mark!

Brooke

I think that Travelocity may have given you incorrect information... Do you have the email confirmation that Travelocity sent you after you booked? On this, about half-way down the page, there is a section labeled "Hotel". Under that is listed "Confirmation Number". This number is different than the Travelocity Trip ID. The confirmation number is for your Disney :)hotel, not Travelocity. I believe that once you are within 10 days, you can use this number to do online check-in as described by one of the previous posters.

I hope this helps. :)

I guess I just need to wait until Wednesday to see if this works. That is our 10 day mark. I was REALLY hoping that we could see the reservation in the system before that.

I had wondered if that confirmation number was for Disney. I knew it was different than the Travelocity Trip ID. I tried to use that number the other day, but it didn't work for me.....probably since I'm not within the 10 days.

Sometimes it is hard to be patient! :rolleyes1

I guess I just need to wait until Wednesday to see if this works. That is our 10 day mark. I was REALLY hoping that we could see the reservation in the system before that.

I had wondered if that confirmation number was for Disney. I knew it was different than the Travelocity Trip ID. I tried to use that number the other day, but it didn't work for me.....probably since I'm not within the 10 days.

Sometimes it is hard to be patient! :rolleyes1

Tara,

I have the Trip ID and a different "hotel" confirmation number, BUT it's not a Disney number. I was able to get my Disney res # through Magical Express when I called to make that reservation. It doesn't match any of the numbers Travelocity sent me. If you're taking ME, then call them and see if they'll give it to you. If you're not...call the resort at your 10 day mark, and see if they'll give you your Disney res #. I'm not sure how else to get it, but if you have that number, you can still do the online check-in through the link a PP gave on Travelocity's site.

I might be as clear as mud on this one...I hope it makes sense.

Brooke

Tara,

I have the Trip ID and a different "hotel" confirmation number, BUT it's not a Disney number. I was able to get my Disney res # through Magical Express when I called to make that reservation. It doesn't match any of the numbers Travelocity sent me. If you're taking ME, then call them and see if they'll give it to you. If you're not...call the resort at your 10 day mark, and see if they'll give you your Disney res #. I'm not sure how else to get it, but if you have that number, you can still do the online check-in through the link a PP gave on Travelocity's site.

I might be as clear as mud on this one...I hope it makes sense.

Brooke

Bummer! All this conflicting info! :confused: I was really hoping that a previous poster was correct in saying that the Travelocity confirmation number was the one I needed for Disney! Oh well!

We are driving so we don't need ME. I'll just call my resort at the 10 day mark. I was planning on doing this anyway because I want to put a room request on my reservation. Hopefully, they will give me my reservation number and if not, we'll just do check-in when we get there. I guess it isn't a big deal either way.

I guess I thought it would feel a lot more real if I could see our reservation on the actual Disney site! This is what I get for wanting to save a couple hundred dollars! :rotfl:

Bummer! All this conflicting info! :confused: I was really hoping that a previous poster was correct in saying that the Travelocity confirmation number was the one I needed for Disney! Oh well!

We are driving so we don't need ME. I'll just call my resort at the 10 day mark. I was planning on doing this anyway because I want to put a room request on my reservation. Hopefully, they will give me my reservation number and if not, we'll just do check-in when we get there. I guess it isn't a big deal either way.

I guess I thought it would feel a lot more real if I could see our reservation on the actual Disney site! This is what I get for wanting to save a couple hundred dollars! :rotfl:

Hey, we saved quite a bit, so we did it, too! :thumbsup2 And we upgraded to preferred and still saved it, so that's a bonus. I know you're not taking ME, so you can't get the number from them. I'd call the hotel and just see if they have it yet. It can't hurt to try!

Using the link a PP gave out to the Travelocity site that links to online check in, I tried the WDW number and the Travelocity # (not the trip ID). I was able to see my ressie using the WDW number but not the other. That's the only way I know for sure that second confirmation number doesn't work. I actually thought until yesterday that I wouldn't be able to check-in online, and it wasn't a big deal. It's never been a really big problem for us, so I wasn't worried...just wanted to try something new and see if it was really beneficial. Now I'll get to! My bigger issue is that my mom and I both have rooms that were originally linked but since we changed to Travelocity, they're not, so we couldn't make any room requests at all. We really kinda need adjoining rooms, so as soon as I hit my 10 day mark (Thursday) I'll be calling to put requests on the ressie.

Brooke

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Thank's all for this info!! After several attempts I was FINALLY able to retrieve my Orbitz ressie on the Disney website. When I came to this page (see below) I had to use the "Through a group or convention" and put in my Orbitz confirmation code. Voila!

Please tell us how you booked your stay:

Directly with Walt Disney World
Through your Travel Agent
Through a group or convention
Using a Disney Vacation Club membership

For any other booking methods, please contact your booking agent directy.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Thank's all for this info!! After several attempts I was FINALLY able to retrieve my Orbitz ressie on the Disney website. When I came to this page (see below) I had to use the "Through a group or convention" and put in my Orbitz confirmation code. Voila!

Please tell us how you booked your stay:

Directly with Walt Disney World
Through your Travel Agent
Through a group or convention
Using a Disney Vacation Club membership

For any other booking methods, please contact your booking agent directy.

Yup - I actually had to jump through similar hoops just to CANCEL and then re-book my ressie with Disney - I had originally booked a room only package through the website , but found out at my local AAA office that booking through them was not only a couple (and I do mean less than 20$) cheaper, but gave me some added perks - so they tried to ask me why I was cancelling, and why, and I told them my mother yelled at me that I hadn't used the AAA discount. But - from what I know (and I'm still over 3 weeks out, but can't confirm) the places with travel agents like AAA are working through a separate subsystem of Disney's travel site that allows them to do certain things, including pricing your quotes, making your reservations, etc. So, calling Disney will not allow you access to the specific subsystem of whatever travel agency you used, for example to add on things like DDP or Magical Express - you will always have to go through your travel agent so they get the entitlement/responsibility/whatever you'd like to call it on their dime and time. Fortunately, anyone can make an ADR without even needing your Disney res # =) I've made and switched mine at least half a dozen times already! :cool1:

I know this is confusing and some things are still up in the air, but I just keep telling myself that it is worth it because I saved so much money! :goodvibes

On a seperate note, for those who are using ME, how long did it take before you received your ME luggage tags? We are still waiting on ours.

It worked, it worked!!!!!!! :woohoo: I called today and was able to put a room request on my reservation. I was so excited that they could actually see my reservation!

Also, we are driving to WDW instead of flying so I never received the confirmation number on the ME tags. I called the reservation line today and once I gave my information, they were able to give me my reservation number. Now I can do online check-in and see my reservation right on the Disney site! :banana:

It worked, it worked!!!!!!! :woohoo: I called today and was able to put a room request on my reservation. I was so excited that they could actually see my reservation!

Also, we are driving to WDW instead of flying so I never received the confirmation number on the ME tags. I called the reservation line today and once I gave my information, they were able to give me my reservation number. Now I can do online check-in and see my reservation right on the Disney site! :banana:

I don't know what is wrong with my reservations. I have the Travelocity confirmation number and I have the Disney official confirmation number.

I am not able to access my reservation on the disney site at all. But, I was able to confirm by calling Disney, and I am able to do online checkin via the Travelocity link that was provided.

Weird....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter