• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG Breakfast-How Many Trips Through The Mine?

Question for those of you who have done this. Were those 1,2 or 3 rides sufficient or would you also book a FP+ ? Tonight I'll be doing my FP+ selections. We have an 8AM breakfast so would it still be wise to book the FP? Never ridden and we are all adults, can't say if we will love it or if one ride will be enough.
I would definitely book FP because you never know if a 9am park open may turn into an 8am open.

There are reports that CMs are now holding BOG Guests UNTIL the Maingate line arrives before letting them ride SDMT!

I though I would revive this Thread in order to see if this is going to be the new "norm" or just an "isolated" day here and there.

My nieces just went and they got on twice last week. Not sure if it happened to be the CM there that day or what because I heard something similar about it stopping.

Did anybody have tummy trouble going directly from breakfast to roller coaster? Or is the ride mild?

Saturday, July 25- 3 rides- could easily have done a 4th but wanted to move on to Peter Pan

I don't care if I have to get in line at the same time but I read a report that said the CM made them get at the END of the line. THAT seems really unfair.

I don't care if I have to get in line at the same time but I read a report that said the CM made them get at the END of the line. THAT seems really unfair.
Definitely unfair,ESPECIALLY since we are not talking about a large number of Guests-below is the line of BOG Guests just before they started letting us ride SDMT on my last trip.

Why would they make this small number of Guests wait for the BACK of the Maingate line-doesn't make sense!

Does anybody have a report from Today?Thanks.

Definitely unfair,ESPECIALLY since we are not talking about a large number of Guests-below is the line of BOG Guests just before they started letting us ride SDMT on my last trip.

Why would they make this small number of Guests wait for the BACK of the Maingate line-doesn't make sense!

Does anybody have a report from Today?Thanks.

While I agree it's puzzling why they held them back, the crowd we had waiting from bog in June was much, much larger than this, probably 10 times as many people.

With no further reports of this, I really think this was just one time mess up.

I still would warn anyone not to book bog solely to get a first ride on sdmt unless they are willing to accept that it may not happen. It's not an included part of breakfast at BOG. It's one of those things that's great if it happens but don't count on it.

Last edited:
At the beginning of July,the group was fewer than that when we were let past to ride. The 2nd time, there was no line at all. We came out of BOG at 8:40ish and were waved past.

While I agree it's puzzling why they held them back, the crowd we had waiting from bog in June was much, much larger than this, probably -10 times as many people.

With no further reports of this, I really think this was just one time mess up.

I still would warn anyone not to book bog solely to get a first ride on sdmt unless they are willing to accept that it may not happen. It's not an included part of breakfast at BOG. It's one of those things that's great if it happens but don't count on it.

No one should expect to get on the ride early, but it is flat out wrong of CMs to prevent people from getting in the line once the park has officially opened.

No one should expect to get on the ride early, but it is flat out wrong of CMs to prevent people from getting in the line once the park has officially opened.

I don't disagree. On the face of it, it makes no sense. I'm pretty quick to complain if I think something was done that shouldn't have been and if what the OP describes happening had happened to me, I think I would've been making a trip to guest services at some point.

I don't disagree. On the face of it, it makes no sense.

I also think this was likely due to a CM error and (hopefully) not a new policy. It really doesn't make sense. Would they hold (have they held) guests exiting breakfast at CP or CRT or would they be able to "merge" with the RD crowd? Why would it make a difference which restaurant you have breakfast at? Once the park is open, it's open. Let's hope this was an isolated incident and not the new norm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter