• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Villas decor

Looks like new drapes, new or recovered sofa. Is that a faux marble top on the coffee table? Whatever it is, it looks like it may be less susceptible to damage than the painted wood ones in the 1 bedrooms.

I think the sofa is new. It seemed a bit more narrow compared to the old ones. I didn't open it to see if it is a totally different opening mechanism.

The sofa cushions didn't seem to fit very well. They sorta slid off when I sat.

Drapes seemed new to me

If I recall correctly, that is a faux marble table top. The table was pretty light.

Also in my photo I only show one chair. There were two chairs. I took these photos just before checking out so the room does look lived in.

Wow thanks for posting!! Been dying to see this!!! The coffee table should have doubled as storage and they should have at least re-grouted the bathrooms?!?! I like that the decor is new! But I did kind of feel bad that the whimsy of the old decor was gone. Awwwwww not sure if the new decor goes with the theming. And I agree with another poster that said the doors on the dresser was a bad idea!!! Yes very. Not functional. I'm so surprised at the choices. Yet at the same time I do like that it is all new.... Even the pull out couch(or re-upholstered). Either way it looks fresh and inviting. Did the studio feel more spacious? Bright?

Not sure if they regrouted bath or not but it seemed like the old tile to me. I always thought the tilework was pretty.

I agree that the decor does not go with the resort theming.

I also agree that the dresser is not functional. The doors were a bit of a pain.

The new light fixtures were too modern for the room. I didn't think to get a picture of them.

The room did feel a bit more spacious with the smaller footprint of the furniture. The table on that bed is pretty small.

I think the look is fine. Personally I don't like the Inn decor and the look of the beds. I don't ever recall a hotel decor style impacting my vacation negatively. if I can still see the pool or the boardwalk from the balcony I'm good.
That made me laugh! A very distinct image of a darkly paneled room in Hershey PA came to mind immediately! The best part was the view...of a pony behind the hotel.

Okay, it is not my intention to be difficult, but what do you do with all of the furniture when using the murphy bed and sleeper sofa? Where do the 2 chairs and coffee table go, the hallway?

My problem with this configuration is space. The chairs have to go somewhere.

Overall, the room is nicely done, better than the VWL refurbishment in my opinion. However, it is a shame they kept the old floor lamp. It looks out of place.

Last edited:
Okay, I kind of take back everything I said about the planned refurb. While I hate having the table directly under the TV (rendering it basically useless as a table), the rest of the decor looks pretty. I love the wall color and the new couch/drapes. It gives the villa a more sophisticated flair. No, it's not the kitschy themed room we all loved, but it's not nearly as terrible as that preview photo led us to believe!

Wow, are these pictures of the BWV refurb or BCV refurb? It's all confusing. Are both being done at the same time? I'll be checking into BCV the end of next month, but will be at BWV in September and October.

Awww the coffee cup stacked lamp is gone:((((((

The coffee cup lamp was in the one bedroom. This is the studio. There may still be hope, but I'm thinking they probably tossed it as it was probably too whimsical for the designer.

We went from sunshine, blue sky, and waves to ......sand.....:(

That said, I like the drapes. The couch definitely looks nicer than the green couch.
I like the update to the kitchenette back splash area.

There was a coffee table in the BWV studio I was in first week of February and I think it was the same one as they had in the old one bedroom....oval, brown painted wood top with green base. I liked the size and style of the old one - this one looks too big and sharper corners for the small space.

I like the art above the new sofa, but I loved the Carousel picture and the old beach chair picture and the big mirror on the wall by the bed. I hope they left the big mirror.

I'm okay with the look of the laminate floor and that area not being carpet.

Overall, I like most of the elements by themselves.
But Gawrsh, Disney! Put some DISNEY back in there somewhere!pixiedust:

Last edited:
The coffee cup lamp was in the one bedroom. This is the studio. There may still be hope, but I'm thinking they probably tossed it as it was probably too whimsical for the designer.

We went from sunshine, blue sky, and waves to ......sand.....:(

It's like DVC is working hard to ruin the room experience, IMO the room décor should match the resort/lobby décor, that was what made Disney different.

Looks like we will be selling some more contracts.

:earsboy: Bill

It's like DVC is working hard to ruin the room experience, IMO the room décor should match the resort/lobby décor, that was what made Disney different.

I agree, Bill.

I won't be selling though. (On another note I won't be buying any more points.)

All things come full circle. Circle of life, you know.

There are 27 years left for several refurbishments to come!

And I intend to be around for them all, lol!

(Plus, I have all those non expiry tickets I have to use up!)

yep I agree I feel sad...It like they are really trying to get rid of us...Magic bands, Fast Pass +, getting rid of Off Kilter at Epcot, reducing AP discount $40 and now this sad room thing. Really feeling like Oct/Nov trip might be our last and points on the auction block. Magic disappearing. Seems to me like they are going for the Frozen crowd and pushing the long time supporters out. :(:(:(

It would have been nice if the new murphy bed had a couple electrical outlets on the shelf under the TV for putting your portable electronics on to charge.

I like it. Better than the pink and green they had before. The paint color looks like same as VGF.

View attachment 81288 View attachment 81287 IThere is a table in front of the couch. I will post my remaining pictures here.

Ahhh....now I am getting why the new coffee table is so big! It is the new dining table!!!

mrsg00fy - is that a new television? It looks to be larger than the old 32 inch model they had.

Since my kids rarely come for more than a couple of nights anymore - one usually comes for the weekend and then just flies back home to work - I spend most of my time in a BWV studio. I mix it up with a few days at other resorts and then I come home to BWV, for the last 15 years (as have many of you). One bedrooms occasionally happen but usually at HH.

So, I notice when you start messing with my stuff, Disney.

I don't quite get why they can go to GF and create the perfect villas to complement the GF itself and still make you feel as if you are at Disney. But - then when they do a refurbishment, they lose it. (Talking about décor and not storage space)

I just don't agree with adding a drop down monstrosity to every room. Initially some of the old rooms had the bench and they called it a studio plus. And they would allow you to have an extra person in it. But it wasn't a real sleeping space - even my 4 year old at the time couldn't get comfy on it.

I still think they should have left the studio rooms as sleeping four. Period.

I am so happy that I saw this before we get to BWV next month! It gives me time to get over the shock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter