Boardwalk Villas decor

I think it is a new TV and it is huge. I would estimate it at 40 inches. It could even be bigger than that.

The bureau is a mistake in my opinion. Not the best use of space, especially with wasted space above it. The countertop should be different color. White countertop with white cabinets is a no-no!

In general I like the decor of the refurbishments (especially HHI) but I totally agree they should have kept older studios sleeping four. The functionality of the room is limited whether the bed is folded up or down. I may be springing for one bedrooms in the future at BWV even though it is only DD and I, and I never cook or do laundry in the villa.

Thanks for posting the pics! I hope you had a great time at the Princess.

Thanks for the pictures! I personally love the new look. Do you have any pictures of the bathroom or wasn't that redone?

I don't quite get why they can go to GF and create the perfect villas to complement the GF itself and still make you feel as if you are at Disney. But - then when they do a refurbishment, they lose it. (Talking about décor and not storage space)

Maybe the new resorts are furnished and have the interior designed to sell the new resorts. Rehabs don't have to attract buyers.

:earsboy: Bill

The bureau is a mistake in my opinion. Not the best use of space, especially with wasted space above it. The countertop should be different color. White countertop with white cabinets is a no-no!

They've always had a white countertop at BWV.

I agree with previous posters and yourself that the white bureau is just awkward looking.

mrsg00fy, thank you so much for these pictures! Looks much better than the rendering at the beginning of the thread. Very helpful.

That said, I'm seriously wondering what they were thinking with the light colored couch. I do prefer the style over the old one. TV looks HUGE!

Don't like the mixing of the very dark woods with white wood, looks cheap in the pictures. Like the chair but is there only 1? Hate the table set up. Hate it. Kitchenette looks nice with the new tile backsplash but the refrigerator looks smaller. Like the flooring, carpet and drapes. Glad there is a coffee table. Happy that they provided some drawer storage, strange piece though. Don't like that weird glass lantern fixture, seems glarey. Funny that they did all this work and kept the same country style floor lamp in the corner that still doesn't match anything.

All in all it's not as disappointing as I thought it might be. Thanks again!!

Does anyone know when the refurb will be finished? Are all studio views impacted? I haven't been on the boards much lately and didn't realize these changes were in progress. We're checking in to BW on 3-17 in a pool/garden view.

Is it only the studios that are getting any work or are the 1br's also getting some changes?

Does anyone know when the refurb will be finished? Are all studio views impacted? I haven't been on the boards much lately and didn't realize these changes were in progress. We're checking in to BW on 3-17 in a pool/garden view.

According to member services, the soft goods refurbishment should be completed by the end of November.

Is it only the studios that are getting any work or are the 1br's also getting some changes?

All of the villas, at Disney's BoardWalk, are being refurbished this year. It seems as though the studio photos are the first to surface.

From what I have read, they were starting on the 5th floor, the standard view wing was first, then the boardwalk view wing.

From what I have read, they were starting on the 5th floor, the standard view wing was first, then the boardwalk view wing.

I wonder if possible to request a refurb room...maybe I will note in my on line check in.

I wonder if possible to request a refurb room...maybe I will note in my on line check in.

You will need to contact member services. Online check-in just has check boxes, there is no "free form" space.

You will need to contact member services. Online check-in just has check boxes, there is no "free form" space.

Thanks for the suggestion to call MS. We will be there for the 1st week of May and I will be requesting a refurbished room. I have a pool/garden studio booked but I'm on the waitlist for both standard and bw view. Hoping they can get a lot more rooms done in the next 2 months.

Thanks for posting the pics! We're staying in a BWV garden/preferred studio in mid-April and a standard 2 bedroom over Thanksgiving. Nice to have a preview of a refurbished room! While we may not get a refurbished room in April, they should all be done by Thanksgiving.

Happy to see the pic of the 5th sleeper. I was wondering what the theming would be for the bunk. DD10 enjoyed sleeping in the Grand Floridian one last February (and DD15 enjoyed have the queen sleeper there all to herself.):D They both have the Dumbo theme, but different scenes.

All of the villas, at Disney's BoardWalk, are being refurbished this year. It seems as though the studio photos are the first to surface.
Thanks for the response. Sure hope while doing this they fix the rusting/leaking of the shower doors in the 1BR's with BWV, they're getting really bad.

I'm busy looking for a house rental for early next year.

Funny you should mention décor. After I decided on location, the most important thing right now is décor!
I don't want a dark place - I want light and tropical feeling.

So, décor could impact my vacation. I leave the frozen North for a couple of weeks in January and February, looking for light and warmth.

Bought at Disney because it didn't look like the cookie cutter timeshares - one of the reasons was the whimsy of the décor.

I can understand a House rental decor influencing your rental choice. I would view a house rental different than staying on property. If I'm staying at BCV or AKL or BWV, I'm staying there for the overall resort (i.e. pool amenities, transportation to parks etc.) I will say I am surprised with the dark wood for the coffee table and murphy bed. Of course if it was painted or light wood there would be complaints that it will show marks, looks dated, its not proper shade of blue. With as many DVC owners there are that many opinions as well :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter