• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk pool info

This is all Rationalization. It's attempting to justify behavior with logical reasons, even if they are not appropriate. You're coming up with ways to say they can be in the pool by playing on a technicality. But the point is... if you don't think they should use the pool, because of things like...
* It contributes to overcrowding
* It compromises safety
* It creates longer lines
* They're not paying for the perk
Then why would you rationalize ways to try to use the pool? It's not the technicality of whether or not they're on the res that's preventing them, hopefully it's your respect for the overcrowding, safety, lines, and costs. The impact to these is the same if you bring in outsiders, let them use the pool, and then add them to your res or not.

If we met another family and our kids got along so we wanted to hang out, I could not see Disney's advice being to add them to our reservation. That's kind of out there... But I could see going out for dinner and wanting to swim at one or the other of our pools.
It's actually more simple than that. Their BBQ/their rules. That's why you tell them what you want to accomplish and get their OK either by DVC to add them or by the resort to have guests.

In gentleness, I think it's helpful to be mindful of personal policies (i.e. personal scruples) that might be more restrictive than Disney policy. As it's been mentioned, there isn't a Disney room check policy to insure a guest is physically present in the room at certain times of day, however, for example, there is a Disney policy that says one must be listed on the DVC reservation in order to use the facilities, as well as hop at pools available according to policy and capacity.

One's more restrictive personal policies might be equivalent to personal opinion. In that regard this forum serves to share, without vilification, differences of opinion that don't equate to advocation of Disney rule-breaking. Because utilizing available options that Disney offers to guests may be an allowable practice, personal viewpoints (often defined or accompanied by "should") may make the practice acceptable to some and wholly unacceptable to others.

I hope folks will continue to share what they believe are allowable practices per Disney policy, as well as separately opine additional personal policies/opinions regarding acceptable practices.

Here is the issue, when too many people find ways to skirt around, and it affects Disney or other guests too much, Disney figures out a way to stop it. We were just talking about how we can't just get more shampoo - in part because people were creating gift bags of free Disney toiletries. Bar codes on refillable mugs because people would use them for years. An entire rework of the Guest Assistance program to stop abuse.

You may think that this is just your personal scruples - but bending policy or working the system can affect all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter