Boardwalk pool info

Mrs.Milo

DIS Veteran
DH and I will be at the Boardwalk for Food & Wine. My Dsis & her hubby will be at the Allstar. Will we all be able to swim in the Boardwalk clown pool? Have the pools at the resorts been fenced? And are they checking magic bands? Thx in advance.

No, unless you add them to your reservation. You could go to their pool. They are checking MBs and it is fenced.

It sounds like you have the extra occupancy to add them to your room and that is what would need to be done for non-DVC owners to swim at BWV while staying elsewhere.

How would you like it if you couldn't get in the pool area because it was over crowed by outsiders?

Last edited:
It sounds like you have the extra occupancy to add them to your room and that is what would need to be done for non-DVC owners to swim at BWV while staying elsewhere.

Just be aware that if you are using the Dining Plan, this won't work unless you want to pay for all their dining during your stay as well!

I think I've also heard that if you add them to your room reservation, you should use a nickname or something other than they are using at the All Star resort. I have heard of some issues posted on these boards if someone uses the same name on two reservations. I think it could mess with their magic bands? :confused3

I understand the fences and gates were in response to a child's death in the pool.

They were gating the pools when we were there in August.

So you need a MB from some one currently staying at that resort to open the gate. I'm aware of this.
But are they checking every MB upon entering the pool area?

Probably not, but the pool is for guests of the resort only, and posting about how to bypass Disney rules is against the terms of this website.

If I suspected you were doing it, I'd report you to the lifeguards and have them check. And so would a lot of DVC members.

On a prior stay, we added our friends to our reservation. They were staying off-site for a portion of their visit, and this allowed them ability to use pool, Disney magical express (DME) and stay with us for a portion of time. I made sure that they provided a credit card for their incidentals, and that went just fine. Since they were on our reservation. they were able to receive the magic bands. However, the magic bands were shipped to us in one box, and their magical express tags were also shipped to us. Since they're friends, it was easy for us to mail the DME papers with the magic bands box without our bands, of course.

This was their first visit, so it worked to their favor to have us "shepherd" them to some extent. They almost bought tickets to DisneyLand to give you an example. Anyways, had we been on the dining plan, all persons on the reservation need to have the dining plan for the entirety of the stay. Luckily for us, our cost analysis revealed that we'd "lose money" on the various dining plans, so it wasn't a factor for our friends to consider.

Additionally, it didn't matter that they were staying with us for a portion of the time, they were listed on the reservation for the entire trip. Now, we weren't planning on swapping people in/out of the room, so I can't comment on the feasibility of that, which may be beyond your question anyway. I can't comment on having the same name on multiple resorts; our friends were off-site for a portion of time.

Lastly to pool hopping: Since you're staying at BWV, and when you add them onto your reservation, then they'll always have access to that pool. Also, you may have an option to use their pool, if there is no prohibition, such as for the Poly, BCV, etc. On our prior visit nearly all our friends were at Port Orleans, and we used our DVC privileges to pool hop there. Luckily, there wasn't a capacity issue and we were never checked. Had we been checked, it may have been okay since we had pool hopping privileges, but that privilege never guarantees access/use due to capacity for those guests paying for a Port Orleans stay.

Hope this is helpful, and you and your family have a wonderful time at Food and Wine!

Really they should use their own pool. The BW pool gets crowded enough without adding in any 'outsiders'..

They've been checking magic bands since they came out at Beach Club, before that you needed a room key, there are 3 manned entrances where they hand out towels and check bands. Easiest way is to Add them to your room, but then if you are on dining plan and they are not they'd mess that up for you. The Deluxe resorts are a desirable place for pool hoppers to use. Even with them checking bands and rooms keys, we've had trouble over the years finding lounge chairs where we wanted to be. Beach Clubbers are used to it now.

The fencing and gates are not finished yet at the Boardwalk, the clown pool has signs up now saying for guests & DVC members only. They haven't been checking magic bands yet but the pool has been fairly quiet. They've started fencing the quiet pool today.

If you are staying on DVC points that you own at the BWV, you could pool hop to their pool. But they cannot pool hop to the BW pools.

DH and I will be at the Boardwalk for Food & Wine. My Dsis & her hubby will be at the Allstar. Will we all be able to swim in the Boardwalk clown pool? Have the pools at the resorts been fenced? And are they checking magic bands? Thx in advance.
IMO it shouldn't matter whether they're checking bands, one should be honest about the process. I agree with others, add them to your reservation. The alternative is to ask a manager, not just a CM, for permission.

The fencing and gates are not finished yet at the Boardwalk, the clown pool has signs up now saying for guests & DVC members only. They haven't been checking magic bands yet but the pool has been fairly quiet. They've started fencing the quiet pool today.

We were there in August and it did look like the fencing had begun at the main pool. Glad to hear that this is moving forward, especially the quiet pool, my favorite pool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter