• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk pool info

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the adding relatives to a second reservation, isn't there problems with the MBs? I thought I read that here.

Anyone here have any photos of the fencing at the quiet pool by the community center? Also wondering if the gates will be "locked" until a certain time of the am? We usually spend our days at this quiet pool and get there early in the am to get an umbrella table and chairs.

If I understand these recommendations...
It's not ok to use this board to talk about how to get around rules.
And it's wrong to suggest using the pool if not staying there because it's dishonest.
So the recommendation is to lie about who will be staying in a room so as to circumvent it being dishonest and therefore get pool privileges.
Moreso, it's recommended to lie about their name so Disney does not catch on and have it disrupt their regular stay.
In every case people are suggesting ways to get others in the pool who are not staying there, and they're okay with it, as long as you do this covert manipulation first.
But for them to just use the pool is worthy of public scorn.

It's ok... as long as you lie about your name and where you're staying, and wear a non-transferrable magic band belonging to a guest that doesn't exist... so you don't break any rules! :rolleyes1

Last edited:
And it's wrong to suggest using the pool if not staying there because it's dishonest.
So the recommendation is to lie about who will be staying in a room so as to circumvent it being dishonest and therefore get pool privileges.
Moreso, it's recommended to lie about their name so Disney does not catch on and have it disrupt their regular stay.
In every case people are suggesting ways to get others in the pool who are not staying there, and they're okay with it, as long as you do this covert manipulation first.

It's ok... as long as you lie about your name and where you're staying, and wear a non-transferrable magic band belonging to a guest that doesn't exist... so you don't break any rules! :rolleyes1

I know of no agreement with any hotel that guests listed on a reservation are required to sleep there. Quite to the contrary of what you are saying, having the guests on the room reservation is the only way to be legal about using the pools at BWV if they are not DVC owners themselves and then allowed to pool hop based on that status.

I agree with Kathy but I see what you're saying. If one were going to take that stance then listing someone for the entire stay but not staying all of it would be an issue as well. I guess I'd draw the line in listing them with their real names and leaving it up to Disney but not putting fake names just to get bands.

I agree with Kathy but I see what you're saying. If one were going to take that stance then listing someone for the entire stay but not staying all of it would be an issue as well. I guess I'd draw the line in listing them with their real names and leaving it up to Disney but not putting fake names just to get bands.

Exactly. Once you go to the point of putting fake names for the purpose of hiding your intents from Disney to get fake bands, and then have them wear these to get access to a pool where they're not really staying, you're bending two rules to cover up one. Why not just skip all that and walk them in? It's the same two people not really staying there, contributing to the same crowds. Either you're ok w that or you're not.

Last edited:
Exactly. Once you go to the point of putting fake names for the purpose of hiding your intents from Disney to get fake bands, and then have them wear these to get access to a pool where they're not really staying, you're bending two rules to cover up one. Why not just skip all that and walk them in? It's the same two people not really staying there, contributing to the same crowds. Either you're ok w that or you're not.
Personally I do see them as different depending on how they're listed. The other option is simply asking for permission. At times people have done so and been allowed.

The suggestions for a different name have nothing to do with intentionally hiding. It's all due to MDE. Previously you did not have to worry about whether a "magical" system would get confused and not let you into your room. But now that can be a concern and spending time at a front desk while a CM who is less than well trained on the system can be time consuming. However you won't get in trouble with Disney rules for it which is what you are suggesting.

It's not a fake name, it's a variation. Paul -last name, P. -last name, Paul T.- last name, P.T. -lastname, I use all of these.

It's not a fake name, it's a variation. Paul -last name, P. -last name, Paul T.- last name, P.T. -lastname, I use all of these.
IMO it all comes back to intent. I think putting the actual name as used and letting them have the opportunity to see if it's a duplicate is reasonable as is stating the reason for the name and being up front about it. Where the issue lies is in using a different name or variation to fool Disney.

IMO it all comes back to intent. I think putting the actual name as used and letting them have the opportunity to see if it's a duplicate is reasonable as is stating the reason for the name and being up front about it. Where the issue lies is in using a different name or variation to fool Disney.

As @KAT4DISNEY indicated, the variation in name is not to fool Disney. It is to avoid any issues with their Magic Band system getting fouled up. If anything, the name variation is to HELP Disney, not to fool them.

I do agree that there is no need to be clandestine about it.

I have to agree. The end result is the same just a different way of getting two people in that are not really BW resort guests. My policy is if you are not staying there and have your own band, I am not getting you in.

As @KAT4DISNEY indicated, the variation in name is not to fool Disney. It is to avoid any issues with their Magic Band system getting fouled up. If anything, the name variation is to HELP Disney, not to fool them.

I do agree that there is no need to be clandestine about it.
It depends on the intent and how it's done. So if one calls and says they have friends/family staying elsewhere but want to add them so they can use the pool, a different name would be fine for the reason you state IF ALLOWED. However, just calling and giving them a different name to fool the system would have the intent of being under the table.

In gentleness, I think it's helpful to be mindful of personal policies (i.e. personal scruples) that might be more restrictive than Disney policy. As it's been mentioned, there isn't a Disney room check policy to insure a guest is physically present in the room at certain times of day, however, for example, there is a Disney policy that says one must be listed on the DVC reservation in order to use the facilities, as well as hop at pools available according to policy and capacity.

One's more restrictive personal policies might be equivalent to personal opinion. In that regard this forum serves to share, without vilification, differences of opinion that don't equate to advocation of Disney rule-breaking. Because utilizing available options that Disney offers to guests may be an allowable practice, personal viewpoints (often defined or accompanied by "should") may make the practice acceptable to some and wholly unacceptable to others.

I hope folks will continue to share what they believe are allowable practices per Disney policy, as well as separately opine additional personal policies/opinions regarding acceptable practices.

I don't see it the way you see it. At all.

They are adding the people to the room. This makes it legal.

Quite to the contrary of what you are saying, having the guests on the room reservation is the only way to be legal about using the pools at BWV if they are not DVC owners themselves and then allowed to pool hop based on that status.

Exactly.

It's all due to MDE. Previously you did not have to worry about whether a "magical" system would get confused and not let you into your room

Perfectly stated. This isn't a policy people are getting around; it's the ridiculous and confused MDE system people are talking about.

As it's been mentioned, there isn't a Disney room check policy to insure a guest is physically present in the room at certain times of day, however, for example, there is a Disney policy that says one must be listed on the DVC reservation in order to use the facilities

EXACTLY.

To me if their name is on the reservation then they're guests. Do you have to sleep in a room to make you a guest? What if a couple of single people meet on vacation and end up spending time together. Are they no longer guests at their own hotel?

This is all Rationalization. It's attempting to justify behavior with logical reasons, even if they are not appropriate. You're coming up with ways to say they can be in the pool by playing on a technicality. But the point is... if you don't think they should use the pool, because of things like...
* It contributes to overcrowding
* It compromises safety
* It creates longer lines
* They're not paying for the perk
Then why would you rationalize ways to try to use the pool? It's not the technicality of whether or not they're on the res that's preventing them, hopefully it's your respect for the overcrowding, safety, lines, and costs. The impact to these is the same if you bring in outsiders, let them use the pool, and then add them to your res or not.
To me if their name is on the reservation then they're guests. Do you have to sleep in a room to make you a guest? What if a couple of single people meet on vacation and end up spending time together. Are they no longer guests at their own hotel?
If we met another family and our kids got along so we wanted to hang out, I could not see Disney's advice being to add them to our reservation. That's kind of out there... But I could see going out for dinner and wanting to swim at one or the other of our pools.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter