BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

In looking at the diagram at the start of this thread, it appears that all one bedroom units are LO and the MK view starts on the third floor? Can any 'veteran's' of BLT tell me if I am interpreting the diagrams correctly? We are staying on points in June, 5 days MK view and 2 days BL view and I've requested a HIGH floor. :thumbsup2

Yes, that is correct.

I keep hearing about the dreaded layout for a studio, how are the 1 and 2 bedroom. We are staying in a 2 bedroom in Dec and again in Feb and now I am getting a bit nervous. When we saw the model units I loved the AKV rooms, but loved BLT location so we went with BLT.

The 2BR units are WONDERFUL. (I've only stayed in dedicated, not lockoff.) Absolutely nothing to worry about except that you'll never want to stay in something smaller again!

The 2BR units are WONDERFUL. (I've only stayed in dedicated, not lockoff.) Absolutely nothing to worry about except that you'll never want to stay in something smaller again!

And, the 1 bdrm's are also very nice, the 2nd bath is a great addition even if you only have 2 people (gap in door aside). If you are a MK fan, this location is unbeatable!

Just home from an amazing first stay at BLT! We had 2 standard view studios:

7138 - View of Marina and bay lake (Not sure why this is standard it was an amazing view we only moved as we had requested not first floor and they couldn't accomodate us at check in so moved us free the next day)
7309 - View of shuffleboard courts (directly below), pool and bay lake

We had a great view of Magic Kingdom. I'm putting in a request for it again.
Nancy

Well we are finally here for our first time. We ended up in room 7536. I was hoping for a higher room, but none were available when we checked in as we did check in a little early.
Here is the view straight ahead from the balcony.
100_2111.jpg

Looking to the right.
100_2112.jpg

And to the left.
100_2113.jpg

You can see the lake better from the window in the main room.

So far I only have one issue. We came back from dinner at the boardwalk and realized we could almost watch the nightly "movie at the beach" from our balcony. I then realized this was not so cool when bed time came and we could hear the movie...especially the parts where the music crescendos.:headache: Luckily we have a sound machine for my dd(7) in the mainroom.:)
My DW and I are out of luck. No early bedtimes for us. :sad1:

BLTDisneyApril2010002-1.jpg

This was looking straight forward.

BLTDisneyApril2010001-1.jpg

This was looking a little to the right.

BLTDisneyApril2010007-1.jpg

This was alittle more to the right.

BLTDisneyApril2010005-1.jpg

And this was a little to my left.

We just loved this room and really hope to get it again.

Nancy :woohoo:

We are presently staying in 8234, a 1 bedroom lakeview. A good view of the Contemporary and the monorails as well as a view of Bay Lake and the marina. Really nice.

Thanks for this thread, I just found it before we left but it has great info.

We were thrilled with our 1BR Lake View at the BLT on the 7th floor! :cheer2: DH didn't understand why I was excited at check-in to see an even number ;) and when we got up there is is what we saw.

Looking straight ahead:
4604472829_6299fc810b.jpg

If you looked to the left on the balcony.
4604472969_14487c6e6d.jpg

If you looked to the right on the balcony.
4604482747_bcf64cf4f3.jpg

The view from the Living Room was great too (even closer), but I didn't take pics through the window.

We feel fortunate to have gotten this view since we didn't make any requests. The only downside was that it was far from the elevator (it felt a little like The Shining while walking down the hallway after a long day ;)) but it was worth it to see Wishes from our room each night and to have DD5 wake up saying "I see Cinderella's castle", over and over. It's too bad she was too short to ride Space Mountain to appreciate seeing it right there but that's OK ;) :cheer2:

ETA: for these pics, I didn't zoom at all with my camera.

We had #7934 for spring break, a 1-bedroom lockoff. FABULOUS! We stayed in the room A LOT because it was so wonderful. Right off the elevator and with the most amazing view. You can see the Contemporary to the right off the balcony, and can look out over the walkway. To the extreme right we could see the Grand Floridian (and the beautiful nightly sunsets over it). Straight out we looked over the Contemp "backyard" -- pools and marina. To the left we saw beach and Bay Lake. Every night we saw a line of little ducks going to sleep around the Contemp quiet pool.

We loved BLT but fear we might never get this great a room there again.

Thanks everyone for continuing to post photos on this thread - and for the awesome diagrams on the first pages.

We're booking our BLT studio next week for our honeymoon.

I decided against trying to get a specific view. We are just going to go for MK view, high floor preferred. :)

Watch this space next April for our view photos. :goodvibes

1 BR, Lake view room, 4th floor

The view of the lake is mostly obstructed by the bamboo trees in the courtyard. So really, to the right of the view you get a small sliver of lake view. From the center and center left, the view is obscured by the bamboo trees. You are not on a high-enough floor to see over the bamboo trees as they are very tall. Honestly, this was a sad excuse for a "lake view" room.

Note: it was convenient being near the elevator banks and near the sky bridge.

mf1973: Bamboo grows very fast and they may not have been aware the view has changed. Did you, by chance, talk to management? Just curious. I hope you had a terrific time!

Had 1 bedroom lakeview (7204) last week. On the second floor, very convienient to the stairs--just a skip down to the first floor w/ no elevator waits.
View was a lake view, but partially obscured by those cypress/spanish moss trees.
Had the tennis courts off to the left along with a view of Space Mountain. Was able to watch the MK fireworks each evening right from our balcony!!

mf1973: Bamboo grows very fast and they may not have been aware the view has changed. Did you, by chance, talk to management? Just curious. I hope you had a terrific time!

Had an awesome time.

I did go to the front desk in person to inform them of the view issue, however they were more interested in trying to convince me that there was no issue w/o hearing my thoughts on it. I'll probably write a letter and see if it sticks, I do have the name of the person at the front desk I talked to....

Had an awesome time.

I did go to the front desk in person to inform them of the view issue, however they were more interested in trying to convince me that there was no issue w/o hearing my thoughts on it. I'll probably write a letter and see if it sticks, I do have the name of the person at the front desk I talked to....

It's a shame that they took a somewhat defensive stance, instead of just listening to what you had to say and telling you that they will pass the information along (even if they had no intention to do so). You would have at least felt like you were able to share your observation.

I don't know if this room# has been mentioned before.

We booked in a standard studio. We were given this first floor lake/Marina/Contemporary view room near the elevators. Even though we had made no special request nor did we ck-in online.

It was nice being so close to the pool & mug refill station. Easy trip to laundry & community hall.

But the housekeeping laundry was right next door!:confused3
Good thing my little doesn't take a mid day nap anymore. The banging could be heard every afternoon.
And the carts filled the hallway in front of our door, kind of annoying.

But each night we did walk out of our patio door and sit on the grass & watch the fireworks (even though the bridge was in the way). And twice the kids watched the outdoor movie while I ran back to the room for popcorn.

1 BR, Lake view room, 4th floor

The view of the lake is mostly obstructed by the bamboo trees in the courtyard. So really, to the right of the view you get a small sliver of lake view. From the center and center left, the view is obscured by the bamboo trees. You are not on a high-enough floor to see over the bamboo trees as they are very tall. Honestly, this was a sad excuse for a "lake view" room.

Note: it was convenient being near the elevator banks and near the sky bridge.

Had an awesome time.

Just worth noting - I heard of a similar issue with a person at AKL who had a pool view, but it turned out to be of trees. She snapped a pic of the view from her room, went to the front desk and showed them the image on her camera. There is no arguing a visual shot. They promptly changed rooms for her apologizing that the view had changed from when it was first labeled.

mf1973, if you have a view of the "lake view" from your balcony, include it with your note. I'm sure they'll be in touch with you.

Just wondering...realistically...if I requested a high floor (we have MK view ressie on points) how likely am I to get it? Wouldn't it be just as easy to see what they give me at check in and get it changed then????:confused3

Hi Cindy,
I did request a room "above the 5th floor" on my most recent request. When I checked in, our room was ready early (2:40 pm), but it was on the 4th floor and we had a MK view reserved so I immediately was not pleased. I asked if there was anything higher. Was told there was one on the 9th floor but it wasn't ready. I chose to wait for that one and glad we did. Finally got into room around 4:30 pm when they texted me it was ready. This was the first weekend in May and they said the resort was at capacity so I probably just got lucky getting that 9th floor room. I still don't think 4th floor should be consider MK view---but oh well.........
Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter