• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I keep hearing about the dreaded layout for a studio, how are the 1 and 2 bedroom. We are staying in a 2 bedroom in Dec and again in Feb and now I am getting a bit nervous. When we saw the model units I loved the AKV rooms, but loved BLT location so we went with BLT.

Studios are the only odd format. 1 and 2 BRs and just like the models... AWESOME!

I like hearing the 1 and 2 bedroom units are awesome! I stayed in a studio one night in October and it was ackward at best. Our first family trip to our new home BLT is in June in a 1 bedroom. :love:

Did you book a dedicated 2 BR? If yes, then you are right there are 3 XX12 rooms (they are handicap accessible) and 11 XX02 rooms that would face north (there really is no "north tower", as BLT is one building shaped like the letter "C"). If you did not book a dedicated 2 BR, then you can get a 1 BR and a connecting studio as your 2 BR. On the even numbered north side, that would be XX04&06, XX08&10, XX12&14 (there are 22 1BR plus studio combos on the even numbered north side that are lake view). I am pretty sure that you can ask for it not to be a dedicated 2 BR, the difference is whether you need the 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. If having the king from the studio is OK instead of the 2 queens, then you should not get a dedicated 2 BR, as there are more chances of getting the view that you want.

I thought the studios all had a queen and a sleeper. Do they have a king? If so, is there still a sleeper? We're planning on a 2BR, but don't care if it's dedicated or not.

I'm in room 7404 which is suppose to be a bdr standard view. It's not really unless you look to the left. You can see the tennis courts and the parking lot. But if you strain you can also see Space Mtn and the Castle. But if you look straight out this is what you see.

1stdayofdisney028.jpg

With about 25 vultures staring at you. No lie.

I just got back from room 7404. You are not joking about the vultures. There were tons of them flying about. Here are some more photos my DH took.

Extreme left
2010DisneyTrip020.jpg

left
2010DisneyTrip021.jpg

straight
2010DisneyTrip022.jpg

right
2010DisneyTrip056.jpg

vulture
2010DisneyTrip049.jpg

I do have one question.. I will soon be booking a 1 BR standard view for next April. We don't like being on the ground floor, and it seems quite a few standard view villas are located there. If I request "not ground floor", and nothing else, should I be ok? I know nothing is guaranteed, and it won't be the end of the world if we do end up on the ground floor, but it would be nice to be a little higher, even on the second floor. Thanks! :flower3:

We checked in on Sunday in a 1BR standard. Our only request was NOT ground floor, and that's exactly what they assigned us anyway. The very nice cast member at check in was able to find another available room for us, 7304. It is PERFECT! Fireworks right out the window each night.

We're in 7304, and in addition to vultures, we're also seeing lots of egrets and herons fishing along the shore, plus a momma duck and her adorable 8 ducklings.

We checked in on Sunday in a 1BR standard. Our only request was NOT ground floor, and that's exactly what they assigned us anyway. The very nice cast member at check in was able to find another available room for us, 7304. It is PERFECT! Fireworks right out the window each night.

Glad it worked out! I'm sure that will happen to us, too, lol. It won't be the end of the world if we do get ground floor; I would just prefer not to.

Okay - are there any tips on getting your request? For example, is noting it on your reservation enough, or should you fax the resort directly? Or, do you have a better chance if you're checking in early in the day? Any ideas are welcome.

We really want an MK view - there are none available for out dates, (though I keep checking every few days :)). The whole point in staying at BLT, for us, is that view, so I'd be happy to pay the extra $.

Thanks so much for this thread - it's getting me really excited for our trip!!

Okay - are there any tips on getting your request? For example, is noting it on your reservation enough, or should you fax the resort directly? Or, do you have a better chance if you're checking in early in the day? Any ideas are welcome.

We really want an MK view - there are none available for out dates, (though I keep checking every few days :)). The whole point in staying at BLT, for us, is that view, so I'd be happy to pay the extra $.

Thanks so much for this thread - it's getting me really excited for our trip!!

I think the best strategy is to note what you want on your reservation, check in early, and if it is not what you want, then ask for what you want at the front desk and offer to wait until later in the day. If that does not work and you really want to move, ask if you would be able to change rooms the next day. There is a fee to do that, but it might get you what you want.

Good luck!

Hi everyone! We just got back (well, last week) from 2 amazing weeks at BLT. We were there for our Disney wedding and honeymoon. We had a Studio Lake View room 7740. It looks that in post number 1, 7740 was previously reported as a 2bed dedicated... it definitely was a studio! We loved our room. We liked the view and it was very quite around there. Here are some pics!

SNV31362.jpg

SNV31368.jpg

SNV31367.jpg

SNV31366.jpg

SNV31365.jpg

SNV31363.jpg

SNV31364.jpg

bummer, i thought I uploaded all my pics of the view to photobucket but apparently my laptop hates me...:laughing: i'll post more later but here are 3 for now...

Congratulations, disneygal922!!! Can't wait to see more pics and hear about your experience. Best wishes as you begin a new chapter in your life!

I think the best strategy is to note what you want on your reservation, check in early, and if it is not what you want, then ask for what you want at the front desk and offer to wait until later in the day. If that does not work and you really want to move, ask if you would be able to change rooms the next day. There is a fee to do that, but it might get you what you want.

Good luck!

Thanks - that's what I'll plan on doing!

Spent last week in #7602. Dedicated 2 BR, Lake View. I see some people in this thread have stayed there, but I didn't see any pics. So here it goes...

Main balcony view left
IMG_4290.JPG

Center
IMG_4291.JPG

Right
IMG_4292.JPG

Left zoomed
IMG_4294.JPG

Left zoomed on castle
IMG_4295.JPG

Does anyone know how often new inventory is declared for DVC?

I've got a waitlist for December and was hoping that new inventory might help move me up the list and eventually get me what I want. :rolleyes1

Does anyone know how often new inventory is declared for DVC?

I've got a waitlist for December and was hoping that new inventory might help move me up the list and eventually get me what I want. :rolleyes1

When they need to based on sales.

Spent last week in #7602. Dedicated 2 BR, Lake View. I see some people in this thread have stayed there, but I didn't see any pics.

Thank you! I love that view, probably my favorite! We will be staying in a dedicated 2 BR in January and I hope it is an XX02 room!

stayed in room 7735 one bedroom LO. LV (inner circle facing courtyard and pool area. Had a full laundry room, but not barstools with island.

In looking at the diagram at the start of this thread, it appears that all one bedroom units are LO and the MK view starts on the third floor? Can any 'veteran's' of BLT tell me if I am interpreting the diagrams correctly? We are staying on points in June, 5 days MK view and 2 days BL view and I've requested a HIGH floor. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter