• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Amazing thread! Thanks for all of your hard work.

Question to all: We're going to book a 2 BR for next May. Without borrowing points, we can book 7 nights in a LV or 8 nights in a SV. Which would you choose? I'm leaning toward the SV to get an extra night and requesting an even # room. I don't care if it's a dedicated or lock-off.

Unless you would be really disappointed to be on the first or second floor, I would definitely go with SV. You can always go up to the TOWL to watch the fireworks if you don't get a room that faces the MK, it is really nice up there!

We are going to try for a 1bd standard view or a lake view for Dec 18-26 I know chances are slim but I would like to try. What should I request to get a decent view. I've never made a request just went with it but figured I'd give it a try. My 7 month mark is coming up in a few weeks and I am trying to get prepared.

We are going to try for a 1bd standard view or a lake view for Dec 18-26 I know chances are slim but I would like to try. What should I request to get a decent view. I've never made a request just went with it but figured I'd give it a try. My 7 month mark is coming up in a few weeks and I am trying to get prepared.

Depends what you mean by "decent view". Many people feel that most even numbered rooms have "better" views than most odd numbered rooms. You have a chance of getting a view of the MK and monorail from even numbered rooms. Some standard view even numbered rooms have a view of the MK at some angles, but may not see the lake, and will be on a lower floor, usually first or second floor. If higher up and view of the lake are important, then go with lake view.

Depends what you mean by "decent view". Many people feel that most even numbered rooms have "better" views than most odd numbered rooms. You have a chance of getting a view of the MK and monorail from even numbered rooms. Some standard view even numbered rooms have a view of the MK at some angles, but may not see the lake, and will be on a lower floor, usually first or second floor. If higher up and view of the lake are important, then go with lake view.

Well MK would be ideal. I would try for a MK view room but I'm short on points for that. So if I ask for an even numbered lower level room if it comes through I have a chance of being able to see the MK? I've never made a request before and I know its not guaranteed but I figured it can't hurt right?

I wasn't too excited to stay at BLT, its what my kids requested, but looking at all the pics has me getting excited now. Of course that means there will be no availability LOL

Hi everyone! I have been following this thread for months (thanks work2play, it's AWESOME). We booked a 2BDR LV. Does this mean if I request a north tower, even numbered room that I am limited to rooms ending in XX02 or XX12? I would love the XX12 room, but there are only 3 in the north tower. Basically, I guess the question is, if you book a 2 bedroom, are you limited to the 2BDR dedicated rooms only?

Hi everyone! I have been following this thread for months (thanks work2play, it's AWESOME). We booked a 2BDR LV. Does this mean if I request a north tower, even numbered room that I am limited to rooms ending in XX02 or XX12? I would love the XX12 room, but there are only 3 in the north tower. Basically, I guess the question is, if you book a 2 bedroom, are you limited to the 2BDR dedicated rooms only?

Did you book a dedicated 2 BR? If yes, then you are right there are 3 XX12 rooms (they are handicap accessible) and 11 XX02 rooms that would face north (there really is no "north tower", as BLT is one building shaped like the letter "C"). If you did not book a dedicated 2 BR, then you can get a 1 BR and a connecting studio as your 2 BR. On the even numbered north side, that would be XX04&06, XX08&10, XX12&14 (there are 22 1BR plus studio combos on the even numbered north side that are lake view). I am pretty sure that you can ask for it not to be a dedicated 2 BR, the difference is whether you need the 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. If having the king from the studio is OK instead of the 2 queens, then you should not get a dedicated 2 BR, as there are more chances of getting the view that you want.

Have been following this thread for a while and I wanted to ask a question. We have a 2BR Dedicated Lake View booked. If I would like to possibly have a view of the MK from my LV room, would my best bet be to request a high floor, XX02 room? And is that exactly how I should word my request to MS?

Thank you to work2play, and everyone else who has contributed to this thread!!!

Did you book a dedicated 2 BR? If yes, then you are right there are 3 XX12 rooms (they are handicap accessible) and 11 XX02 rooms that would face north (there really is no "north tower", as BLT is one building shaped like the letter "C"). If you did not book a dedicated 2 BR, then you can get a 1 BR and a connecting studio as your 2 BR. On the even numbered north side, that would be XX04&06, XX08&10, XX12&14 (there are 22 1BR plus studio combos on the even numbered north side that are lake view). I am pretty sure that you can ask for it not to be a dedicated 2 BR, the difference is whether you need the 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. If having the king from the studio is OK instead of the 2 queens, then you should not get a dedicated 2 BR, as there are more chances of getting the view that you want.

Can someone clarify for me? I'm guessing from the posts that the dedicated 2 bedroom has 2 queens - and no kitchenette; and the lockoff has a king bed and fold out couch in the bedroom plus a kitchenette. Is this correct? What is in the dedicated 2 bedroom instead of the kitchenette? Is the bedroom just much larger?

Have been following this thread for a while and I wanted to ask a question. We have a 2BR Dedicated Lake View booked. If I would like to possibly have a view of the MK from my LV room, would my best bet be to request a high floor, XX02 room? And is that exactly how I should word my request to MS?

Thank you to work2play, and everyone else who has contributed to this thread!!!

The only photos we have posted from an XX02 room is 7902 in post #424. It does look like trees may block the view of the castle on lower floors. There are only 5 XX02 rooms on the 9th-14th floors, so asking for one of those is pretty limiting. You can still see the MK fireworks from the lower XX02 rooms, so you should try to keep your request as broad as possible so they do not just ignore it if one of the 5 rooms you requested is not available.

We are fortunate to be staying in a 1 br mk view room at the BLT soon. What if anything should I request for a great view ? Thanks!

I have read through the whole thread now. Great job.

I was wondering if there is a consensus on which rooms are handicap accessible?

I mainly ask because I try to avoid them and would like to be ready to request another room if assigned an HA room.

Thanks.

The only photos we have posted from an XX02 room is 7902 in post #424. It does look like trees may block the view of the castle on lower floors. There are only 5 XX02 rooms on the 9th-14th floors, so asking for one of those is pretty limiting. You can still see the MK fireworks from the lower XX02 rooms, so you should try to keep your request as broad as possible so they do not just ignore it if one of the 5 rooms you requested is not available.

OK, thanks for the advice!!:)

I have read through the whole thread now. Great job.

I was wondering if there is a consensus on which rooms are handicap accessible?

I mainly ask because I try to avoid them and would like to be ready to request another room if assigned an HA room.

Thanks.

I have the information listed on the first post showing HA rooms that have been supported. I believe they are XX12 and XX14 rooms. If you avoid those, you should be OK.

We were in 7602 (sixth floor) and we could see the fireworks and castle very well. I'll see if I can find some pictures to post, but probably won't be able to get to it until the weekend. We loved the location, and for a LV we were very happy with our view of the MK!:thumbsup2

Thank you! I didn't ask for a dedicated 2BR, but when I called and asked, they acted like that is what I will get, which is fine. Again, thank you for this thread and the quick responses.:worship:

This thread is great! Thanks to the OP and all who have contributed.

I do have one question.. I will soon be booking a 1 BR standard view for next April. We don't like being on the ground floor, and it seems quite a few standard view villas are located there. If I request "not ground floor", and nothing else, should I be ok? I know nothing is guaranteed, and it won't be the end of the world if we do end up on the ground floor, but it would be nice to be a little higher, even on the second floor. Thanks! :flower3:

This thread is great! Thanks to the OP and all who have contributed.

I do have one question.. I will soon be booking a 1 BR standard view for next April. We don't like being on the ground floor, and it seems quite a few standard view villas are located there. If I request "not ground floor", and nothing else, should I be ok? I know nothing is guaranteed, and it won't be the end of the world if we do end up on the ground floor, but it would be nice to be a little higher, even on the second floor. Thanks! :flower3:

I would think that would work.

I keep hearing about the dreaded layout for a studio, how are the 1 and 2 bedroom. We are staying in a 2 bedroom in Dec and again in Feb and now I am getting a bit nervous. When we saw the model units I loved the AKV rooms, but loved BLT location so we went with BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter