BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

From one of the threads under Disney Resorts...

Anything past the elevator lobbies on the north side (even rooms ending in 14 or less) are not sold/booked as Magic Kingdom views on ANY floor. The majority of rooms between 14 - 2 are sold as Bay Lake View (with a couple standard view rooms on the lower floors).

I've stayed in 8410 both on opening day and for a more extended period when I had family in town . Fantastic view off to the left side, and a nice view of the northern side of Bay Lake looking straight out.

blt-DSC00020.jpg

HI!!! We are making our first trip to Disney in April. We are not owners, but I thought this might be a good place to ask a couple of questions. We will be staying @ the BLT for three nights in a SV Studio. It will be me, DH, DS (5) & DD (18months) & we will need a pack n play. Do they have one in the studio? And can the pull-out couch be used or is that the only place to open the pack n play? My other question is on my confirmation it has a "4w" next to standard view, what does that stand for???I have read that the studio is tight, but we are just happy to be staying @ the Blt!:yay:
According to csaribay (on another thread) these are the room view designations for BLT:

"4F (MK view) 4L (Bay Lake View) or 4Z (I think - should be Standard View)"

Since Chris wasn't sure about 4Z and your res. has 4W, it may be that 4W is actually "STD View".

:rotfl:

I wish people would stop posting amazing LV view photos!!

Now I want one of the MK view LV rooms (if that makes sense) over the actual MK view rooms!

*sigh*

We stayed at 7540, a studio, lake view. Look to the left:
ap_20090805044618781.jpg

Look straight ahead:
ap_20090805044543111.jpg

Look to the right:
ap_20090805044649103.jpg

According to csaribay (on another thread) these are the room view designations for BLT:

"4F (MK view) 4L (Bay Lake View) or 4Z (I think - should be Standard View)"

Since Chris wasn't sure about 4Z and your res. has 4W, it may be that 4W is actually "STD View".

Thank You!

Ours was a 1BR LV, #8110 (north outside of the C)

This is taken from the balcony of the bedroom looking left.

DSC_0592.jpg

At night from the living room looking left.

web.jpg

We stayed in 8429 a 2BR LV from 2/28 - 3/5. Loved it! Requested upper floor even numbered room. We got 14th floor odd number room. We arrived at noon and the room was not ready until about 3:45. At around 2PM I went and asked when the room would be ready. No pressure I was trying to decide if we should walk over to MK or wait to get into the room. The CM at the desk went in the back and came out 15 minutes later to tell me that he had changed our room to a higher floor and it would be ready soon. Its possible we originally had an even numbered room but we were very happy with the room we got. Its right near the south elevator so easy access to the sky bridge. With 4 kids under 6 we were happy with the short walk. Here is the daytime and sunrise view:

P1000196.jpg

P1000226.jpg

Our party was also in a LV studio. I'll post view pictures next.

We spent 1 night with 9 ppl. in a two BR. OK for one night but my cousin, his wife and DD4 were happy to move to a studio for the rest of the week. We checked them in at 8AM hoping to get a room near our 2 BR. The CM at the desk took a look and said she could get them "close". She did a great job. They got the phone call that their room was ready at 3:30PM. It was right down the hall on the other side of the elevators.

P1000255.jpg

P1000254.jpg

P1000256.jpg

I am loving all these incredible views. Even the SV rooms seem to have great views. Beautiful! :cloud9: :lovestruc

My ONLY problem with this resort and some of those great views.....the thought of one of my kids goofing off or playing around and then falling over the railing from one of those VERY HIGH balconies. Scares me! :scared1:

Will this be visible to all Lake View Rooms?

LV rooms on the South outer side of the tower (high even numbers for the last two digits) should have a good view; DW watched it almost every night when we were in LV studio 7340 on the third floor. In fact, I think middle or lower floors might be the best for watching it; looking down at a steep angle things might get distorted. Rooms on the north inner side of the tower (low odd numbers) MIGHT have a view, especially when it is across the lake and by Wilderness Lodge. I'm not sure if it is "double sided" though, so it might be even less exciting than 'the back side of water'. ;) However, I'm pretty sure rooms ending with low even (north outer) and high odd (south inner) will NOT be able to see it at all. Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

FWIW, I stopped and watched it from the sky bridge one night in Feb and thought that was a great viewing spot, so if you can't see it from your room and don't feel like heading to the beach this is another option. :upsidedow

Thanks! My parents will be babysitting on a couple of nights and it will be easier for them if they don't have to go anywhere with DD. Could you see any fireworks from your room? It would be awesome if she could see both, but I think she'd rather have the water pageant if we have to choose.

LV rooms on the South outer side of the tower (high even numbers for the last two digits) should have a good view; DW watched it almost every night when we were in LV studio 7340 on the third floor. In fact, I think middle or lower floors might be the best for watching it; looking down at a steep angle things might get distorted. Rooms on the north inner side of the tower (low odd numbers) MIGHT have a view, especially when it is across the lake and by Wilderness Lodge. I'm not sure if it is "double sided" though, so it might be even less exciting than 'the back side of water'. ;) However, I'm pretty sure rooms ending with low even (north outer) and high odd (south inner) will NOT be able to see it at all. Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

FWIW, I stopped and watched it from the sky bridge one night in Feb and thought that was a great viewing spot, so if you can't see it from your room and don't feel like heading to the beach this is another option. :upsidedow

I was recently in an xx28 studio (7428 to be exact so I was also on a lower floor - 4th) and would recommend requesting an 18. My direct view was of the CR. Nice, but not exactly MK IMO.

This is the straight-on view and what you could see from inside the room except if you were standing immediately by the window on the left side. Then you could see the castle.

p681629317-4.jpg

Here's the view from the balcony looking towards the right:
p114289543-4.jpg

And the view looking towards the left from the balcony:

p192545115-4.jpg

My request had been for floor 8 or higher.

Hmmm....I was considering booking a MK view studio, but looking at these pics, it's not the view that you see from the CR itself...MK is almost an afterthought in this view....looks like all MK views are not created equal....still a nice view, but not what I pictured. Thanks for posting!

Could you see any fireworks from your room? It would be awesome if she could see both, but I think she'd rather have the water pageant if we have to choose.

I don't think it would be possible to see both fireworks (at least NOT MK's; you MIGHT be able to see Epcot's WAYYYYYY in the distance...) and the water pageant from any room in BLT, at least not very well for either! I'd suggest you stick with the WP and try asking for "a room ending in a high even number on a middle or lower floor" (like 7340 we were in). My guess is that might be a fairly easy request to get as I doubt too many people want that; even always seems to be trying for a high floor and sneaking in seeing the castle despite paying for lake view!!! :rotfl:

Hmmm....I was considering booking a MK view studio, but looking at these pics, it's not the view that you see from the CR itself...MK is almost an afterthought in this view....looks like all MK views are not created equal....still a nice view, but not what I pictured. Thanks for posting!

Have to agree. I have a MK view studio booked for August. I am not going to be happy if it's this type view. Those who have booked lakeviews have sometimes gotten better MK views than this one.
I wonder if there is something in particular that I should be asking to be put on my 'requests' in order to get a really decent MK view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter