• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

We will be making or second trip to BLT in June. This time we went with a MK view because we are doing a split stay and figured we would splurge on the points. I have already requested a high floor with the room ending in "18" as opposed to "28". Does anyone have anymore suggestions or a better way to request this?

We will be making or second trip to BLT in June. This time we went with a MK view because we are doing a split stay and figured we would splurge on the points. I have already requested a high floor with the room ending in "18" as opposed to "28". Does anyone have anymore suggestions or a better way to request this?

Sounds good. Definitely a better MK view (or Theme Park View as it now states on the MS website). Have a great trip.

We stayed in a MK view room, 8118. Amazing, amazing view! When we walked in for the first time, the shades were open and the Castle was DEAD CENTER. My kids (and me!) nearly hit the floor. It was amazing. Oh, I should have mentioned that it was a Studio.

Good luck, I hope you get an amazing view too!!

We're a group of 9 and trying to decide between reserving a BLT Grand Villa or BWV Grand Villa. Who has seen or stayed in both and which would you pick, based on location, amenities, and views?

Well I've toured a BLT GV, LV and it was fabulous. The square footage for each is for BLT - 2044 & for BWV - 2142. So the BWV has the advantage there. Here's a trip report showing photos of BWV GV 5037. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35148230&postcount=82. It's a 2 story GV. All of the GV's at BLT are 2 stories. Here's some photos a BLT GV,
http://www.baylaketower.net/grandvilla.html.

Which park(s) does your group really like? BLT - MK; BWV - Epcot and DHS are walking distance.

At BLT you have access to the restaurants at CR, the other monorail resorts, Poly and GF. Then there is ferry access to Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness. And if you want you can monorail to Epcot for the restaurants there. You'll also have access to TOTW Lounge. You can see the Wishes fireworks from BLT including TOTW and the Electric Water Pageant.

At BWV you have all of the restaurants at BW and BC, the Swan and Dolphin, Epcot and DHS. And you have the Boardwalk for evening entertainment including Jellyrolls, dueling piano bar (age 21 and up only).

Personally if I had the points, BLT would win.

This thread should come with a warning! After reading all 42 pages, I took my dog out the back door and thought, " man we didn't get a castle view". I need to get off disboards!!!!!
QUOTE]

:rotfl:

I guess I did not use the quote feature correctly

We stayed in room 7100. First Floor. This was the very last room when you took a right coming in the doors to BLT. This was a 2 Bedroom dedicated.

I'll post a pic when I get home tonight. It was a very large place. Much bigger than a 2 bedroom we stayed in later that trip at the BCV.

The view was of the Contemporary Marina. We were going on a cruise that trip and the little one wanted to know when our boat was coming to pick us up. :)

So I had a dream last night that our studio lake view was a second floor with a view of a giant tree and air conditioner with no water to be seen... anywhere. So I came on here just to make sure I was dreaming crazy! :laughing: Anybody have a lake view with a giant tree and air conditioner?

We stayed in room 7144. First Floor. This was the very last room when you took a right coming in the doors to BLT. This was a 2 Bedroom dedicated.

I'll post a pic when I get home tonight. It was a very large place. Much bigger than a 2 bedroom we stayed in later that trip at the BCV.

The view was of the Contemporary Marina. We were going on a cruise that trip and the little one wanted to know when our boat was coming to pick us up. :)

Here's some pics of our room.

January2010Cruise004.jpg

HAHAH OK I think I promised these back in October... :scared1: Sorry I just realized today that I never posted. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Room 7216 2BR Dedicated Std View:

To the Left
IMG_2312.jpg

To the right (can you hear me Beyonce?) and zoomed in obviously!
IMG_2310.jpg

Straight and not zoomed in much:
IMG_2309.jpg

Fireworks (We had the queen and twin chair beds open):
IMG_2428.jpg

(OK so not the best photo but you get the idea. For a standard we were happy :thumbsup2 )
IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

I cannot remember if we thought HMMM turn off the lights or if hubby didn't turn on the flash for this one... haha
IMG_2439.jpg

Thank you for the photos! Cannot complain about that "standard" view!

Oh we definitely did not complain one bit! It was awesome. I was so happy at the view we had once we opened the door to our room. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 From what I can still tell the MK view rooms start the floor above us so we got a great deal in my eyes.

The lovely CM at check in had even tried to get us a higher room; we didn't ask but when we got there he said give me a second and he called someone and asked if he could get us a higher room ((at this point we didn't even know we faced MK))! When I we got inside I thought it was so sweet that he tried; he must have known what we faced at that point. :confused3 I was sad we only had 2 nights at BLT. I cannot wait to go back. I don't know if I'll want to spent the points on MK view or not hahah I'll try my luck on Std or LV and hope I get even a partial MK View. :laughing:

We just returned from a wonderful week at WDW. One of the best things about our trip was our room. Room 7802 is a dedicated two-bedroom lake view. It was located at the very end of the hallway. The majority of the view from our balconies was of Bay Lake; however, if we looked to the left, we could see Cinderella Castle, Space Mountain, and Astro Orbiter. We could see Wishes from our balcony. We could also see a little bit of the water pageant. The view of the water pageant was better if we went into the stairwell (which was through the door immediately to our left when we exited our room). The room and the views were spectacular.

HAHAH OK I think I promised these back in October... :scared1: Sorry I just realized today that I never posted. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Room 7216 2BR Dedicated Std View:

To the Left
IMG_2312.jpg

To the right (can you hear me Beyonce?) and zoomed in obviously!
IMG_2310.jpg

Straight and not zoomed in:
IMG_2309.jpg

Fireworks (We had the queen and twin chair beds open):
IMG_2428.jpg

(OK so not the best photo but you get the idea. For a standard we were happy :thumbsup2 )
IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

I cannot remember if we thought HMMM turn off the lights or if hubby didn't turn on the flash for this one... haha
IMG_2439.jpg

Great pictures and great pixie dust for you!!! What a view of the fireworks for a "standard view".

p.s. I think my wife would agree with you about being the wife of a Soldier...I deploy to Afghanistan towards the end of the summer..."Hail Canada" our Northern Brothers and Sisters.

On March 30, 2010, DVD declared 24 more BLT Units for the DVC membership inventory. These 24 Units contain 31 two-bedroom villas: 14 dedicated villas and 17 lockoff villas.

By declaring more villas for the DVC membership, it increases the chances that members will be successful in getting a BLT villa for the upcoming Holiday season and beyond. With this latest declaration 73.66% of BLT is now declared for the DVC membership. This means that 73.66% of BLT can be booked using points, while only 26.33% is held by Disney for cash reservations.

On a personal note: One of the Units just declared was Unit 62A. This Unit includes villa #8028, the MK view studio on the 10th floor that my wife and I stayed in for our first stay as DVC members. Don't ask me to explain why, but I got goosebumps when I saw our first DVC villa's floor plan in the Declaration document. Maybe its the same feeling some people get when they see the ultrasound for their first child? Nah, probably not. . . but close!

Don't ask me to explain why, but I got goosebumps when I saw our first DVC villa's floor plan in the Declaration document. Maybe its the same feeling some people get when they see the ultrasound for their first child? Nah, probably not. . . but close!

:rotfl: Hey, I took pictures of the doorknobs and room numbers of 7326 & 7328 {Unit 13A} since I own there and have floor plans printed out of them, my AKV unit, and VWL Unit w/ room numbers figured out, etc. So, you aren't alone in sentimentality like that!!! :thumbsup2

On March 30, 2010, DVD declared 24 more BLT Units for the DVC membership inventory. These 24 Units contain 31 two-bedroom villas: 14 dedicated villas and 17 lockoff villas.

By declaring more villas for the DVC membership, it increases the chances that members will be successful in getting a BLT villa for the upcoming Holiday season and beyond. With this latest declaration 73.66% of BLT is now declared for the DVC membership. This means that 73.66% of BLT can be booked using points, while only 26.33% is held by Disney for cash reservations.

On a personal note: One of the Units just declared was Unit 62A. This Unit includes villa #8028, the MK view studio on the 10th floor that my wife and I stayed in for our first stay as DVC members. Don't ask me to explain why, but I got goosebumps when I saw our first DVC villa's floor plan in the Declaration document. Maybe its the same feeling some people get when they see the ultrasound for their first child? Nah, probably not. . . but close!

Thanks for that update! Do you think that means that calling now there will be more units in the near term? (Should we be calling to fill those last minute reservations!)

Do you know how much of the resort is sold out? Declaration does not mean that the points have been sold, correct?

Thanks.

Thanks for that update! Do you think that means that calling now there will be more units in the near term? (Should we be calling to fill those last minute reservations!)

You raise an interesting question to which I don't know the answer. I would guess that even though these 31 newly declared villas now belong to the DVC inventory, the normal breakage rules still apply. If any DVC villa is not booked using points within 60 days of check-in, then the villa becomes available through CRO for cash bookings. So members can call to fill those last minute reservations, but they will be competing with non-members wanting to pay cash for trips starting in 60 days or less.

I don't know how Disney handles the transition of villas from cash to DVC DVC inventory. Until these 31 villas were declared on 3/30/2010, they could have been available for cash reservations. Is possible that CRO had already booked them before they were declared for the DVC? Or does Disney, anticipating a declaration, hold off and not book cash reservations for these villas?

Bottom line: No matter how Disney handles the transition or how the breakage rules apply, the odds are better at getting a BLT room today then they were last week!

Do you know how much of the resort is sold out? Declaration does not mean that the points have been sold, correct?

Thanks.

As of April 2, 2010, 51.74% of BLT's estimated 5,733,530 points have been sold. This is based on deeds filed by Disney with the Orange County Comptroller. Technically, points have to be declared before the points can be sold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter