BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I wonder if there is something in particular that I should be asking to be put on my 'requests' in order to get a really decent MK view.

We stayed in Villa #8028, which is an MK view studio on the 10th floor. I posted some photos of our view earlier on this thread (see http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35672136&postcount=715). I was very happy with our view, even though we could not see the Castle, Space Mountain, or the Fireworks from the bed; we had to be on the balcony to have a good view of these things.

The MK view studios have room numbers ending in xx18 or xx28. The studios ending in xx28, like ours, face more toward the southwest. The studios ending in xx18 face more toward the northwest, which gives these studios a more "head-on" view of the Castle.

If we do another MK view studio in the future, I'll request as high a floor as possible. To me, the higher the floor, the better. If at checkin they have an xx18 studio available, I might opt for that IF its on a high floor.

Enjoy your stay at BLT!!!

Have to agree. I have a MK view studio booked for August. I am not going to be happy if it's this type view. Those who have booked lakeviews have sometimes gotten better MK views than this one.
I wonder if there is something in particular that I should be asking to be put on my 'requests' in order to get a really decent MK view.

I think it helps to be as high up in the tower as you can. When we check in this Jan they put us low (3rd floor) I noticed this at check in right away said hold on, please move me up. They had no problems with it and the view was GREAT. Fireworks A+....

I really don't think its fair to say just because you can see the magic kingdom that its a "Magic Kingdom view room".

Here now in 8136 - 1-bedroom 11th floor with view of Baylake, CR, and GF. Will post pictures next week. BLT is definitely living up to its reputation-really beautiful! We arrived yesterday (Sun.) at 10:30 and room was ready. Hoping for better weather today...rained a lot yesterday afternoon.

Have to agree. I have a MK view studio booked for August. I am not going to be happy if it's this type view. Those who have booked lakeviews have sometimes gotten better MK views than this one.

And this is one of the reasons why I don't think that I would pay the extra points for an MK view room. Someone is going to get these rooms and I would not want to be that one.

I stayed in a LV room last August (#8206) that had a great fireworks view at night time, to our left. For me, that was enough to seal the deal that I would never spend the extra for MK view.

I hope that you get a higher floor room!!!

Just wondering...realistically...if I requested a high floor (we have MK view ressie on points) how likely am I to get it? Wouldn't it be just as easy to see what they give me at check in and get it changed then????:confused3

Just wondering...realistically...if I requested a high floor (we have MK view ressie on points) how likely am I to get it? Wouldn't it be just as easy to see what they give me at check in and get it changed then????:confused3

You have nothing to lose by requesting a high prior to your check in. You might find that a room on a high floor is ready and waiting for you when you arrive. If you don't request anything ahead of time, the front desk may think you really don't care what is assigned to you. You would then have to wait while the front desk tries to find a room.

We stayed in 8429 a 2BR LV from 2/28 - 3/5. Loved it! Requested upper floor even numbered room. We got 14th floor odd number room. We arrived at noon and the room was not ready until about 3:45. At around 2PM I went and asked when the room would be ready. No pressure I was trying to decide if we should walk over to MK or wait to get into the room. The CM at the desk went in the back and came out 15 minutes later to tell me that he had changed our room to a higher floor and it would be ready soon. Its possible we originally had an even numbered room but we were very happy with the room we got. Its right near the south elevator so easy access to the sky bridge. With 4 kids under 6 we were happy with the short walk. Here is the daytime and sunrise view:

P1000196.jpg

P1000226.jpg

Our party was also in a LV studio. I'll post view pictures next.
WOW! Great views! We just booked a LV for October.. :banana:

Okay...so I have a Dedicated 2BR MK View booked for the end of May / first of June. I had requested an upper floor. After reading these posts, I just called back and specifically requested NOT to have a room ending in xx30.

The CM was very nice and asked me how I knew these things! I told him about DISboards and our little thread. He asked how everyone knew. I told him its trip reports and photos from owners who have already been to BLT. He said today he was getting a lot of 'unusual' requests and was wondering where people were getting their inforomation from.

:banana::banana: Gotta love the DISboards! :banana::banana:

We were at BLT in a LV studio on March 19 for one night.

Here are our views not using a zoom:

Looking to the left:

27113_1158739548667_1833146547_310589_3294959_n.jpg

Looking right:

27113_1158739588668_1833146547_310590_3255845_n.jpg

Here are some of the studio itself.

Sofa area (notice how close to the bed):

27113_1158739628669_1833146547_310591_3424256_n.jpg

Bed:

27113_1158741388713_1833146547_310592_2585489_n.jpg

TV and storage area:

27113_1158741428714_1833146547_310593_5357434_n.jpg

The dreaded bathroom sink/kitchen galley combo. I really did not like this set up at all! You could already see the build up of hair care products on the kitchen cabinets.

27113_1158741508716_1833146547_310594_5557969_n.jpg

The dreaded bathroom sink/kitchen galley combo. I really did not like this set up at all! You could already see the build up of hair care products on the kitchen cabinets.

We just stayed in a BLT studio for the first time last week and completely agree that this is a dreaded layout. It was difficult to make breakfast for DD while DH was trying to shave. What a mess!

Of course, we realized how spoiled we have become in 1BRs, but we just needed a couple nights after a DCL and it was spring break points. ;)

We just stayed in a BLT studio for the first time last week and completely agree that this is a dreaded layout. It was difficult to make breakfast for DD while DH was trying to shave. What a mess!

Of course, we realized how spoiled we have become in 1BRs, but we just needed a couple nights after a DCL and it was spring break points. ;)

It was just one night, and a Friday at that, for us at the tail end of a trip. I really wanted to add on at BLT but that layout put the last nail in the add-on-at-BLT coffin.

I can't imagine what it would have been like it our 17-year-old DD had been with us in that studio:scared1:

How loud are the fireworks inside the BLT rooms? We are headed down at the end of April. i'm not as worried about a regular nightly fireworks, but the middle of the night Grad night fireworks and whether or not they will wake everyone up. I don't want cranky kids and grandparents.

How loud are the fireworks inside the BLT rooms? We are headed down at the end of April. i'm not as worried about a regular nightly fireworks, but the middle of the night Grad night fireworks and whether or not they will wake everyone up. I don't want cranky kids and grandparents.

We were at the Top of the World Lounge for the fireworks and not in our room. We really couldn't hear the fireworks from the TOWL but that could have been because of the piped in soundtrack for "Wishes."

xx16 or xx22 or xx24 or xx30

I have a 2BR Dedicated MK view booked for the end of May. :woohoo: It is my first trip home to BLT. For those of you that have visited already, can you answer some questions?

What were your impressions? How was the view? How close/far away from the elevator where you? Would you stay in this room again? Do you have any pictures to share?

Thanks! :worship:

xx16 or xx22 or xx24 or xx30

I have a 2BR Dedicated MK view booked for the end of May. :woohoo: It is my first trip home to BLT. For those of you that have visited already, can you answer some questions?

What were your impressions? How was the view? How close/far away from the elevator where you? Would you stay in this room again? Do you have any pictures to share?

Thanks! :worship:

We stayed in 7830. It was right next to the elevator, but still quiet. It was also a quick walk to the bridge. Here's a link to my post with pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33630825&postcount=199

We had 2 BLT "LV" studios for 4 nights at the beginning of March.

The one I stayed in with my pre-teen niece and nephew was fine. 7538. Nice view of the lake, marina, Contemporary and the bridge.

My sister and BIL stayed across the hall in 7537. Let's put it this way. You could see the lake if you went out on the balcony, walked as far left as possible and leaned over the railing and looked to the right. Then you saw a sliver of water beyond the pool area. Mostly you were looking directly into other rooms if you glanced to the left or looked straight ahead. This clearly should be called a Standard View, IMO.

When we booked, we asked for rooms in ending in 06 and 08, on the same floor if possible. We completely understood this was simply a request. We were OK if we got a different location and even a different floor. Wouldn't have been ideal - but we could have coped.

However we were not prepared to "cope" with not getting what we had paid for. This trip we had used my points - 96 per room.

The good news - our rooms were ready at 12:15PM. We were excited - we've never gotten into our rooms that early. My sis and I had left the kids and BIL at Epcot to go and check in and deal with luggage. The were on the same level as the bridge and just a short walk to that as well as the elevators. Once we saw her room view, we called down to the front dest to question the LV versus the Std view. The CM said that "...as long as you can see any part of the lake - it's considered a "LV"". That's ridiculous. Then over 90% of the rooms would be considered some kind of LV. She said there was no other Studio available that night to change to. We called Member Services and went through the same scenario. They basically put us on hold and called the Front Desk, came back and told us there was a room that my sister and BIL could switch to the next night and it would be on a different floor. If we had been staying longer than 4 nights - or were in a 1 or 2 bedroom, we might have gone along with this - but we were also leery of where the room would be - they wouldn't tell us - how did we know it wouldn't have been just as bad?

Last resort, we called our Guide. I told him that I was seriously looking at adding on at BLT (was - past tense), but was not comfortable. I let him know that not only were we having problems with the designation, but there have been TONS of others on the board with discrepancies. At this point, I wanted to be refunded the difference in points. We figured it was about 17 points for that room, those nights and that view. He agreed to get back to me. My sister and BIL suggested he meet us for a cocktail in their room to see for himself. He said he didn't need to see. He admitted the room designations are very loose and said they are again being looked at for re-allocation.

He ended up splitting the points with us. My account was refunded 10 points by the end of our stay.

We really liked the location of the resort and the decor of the rooms... however...we ususally get a 2 bedroom when we travel together, but this time, it was a short trip and my BIL was not originally going so we opted for the 2 studios originally. In retrospect, once he committed to coming, we should have switched to a 2 bedroom. The room with me and 2 pre-teens was way too small. We had no bathroom door issues (lol - I'm in the bathroom - stay out!). Storage was tight. What's with the little bitty closet being filled up with a safe, pac-n-play, vacume cleaner, etc? And I do not do my hair in my kitchen at home - I don't like doing it there on vacation either.

In the end we won't be adding on at BLT. It's just too iffy that you will get what you pay for as far as the view. I would hate to be po'd and disappointed every time I "went home". I am even loathe to book there at the 7 month mark again for this reason. If there was some way they could do a better job at this, I would reconsider. Unfortunately I don't see them admitting that they have WAY, WAY more standard view rooms than they like to admit.

Loved, loved, loved the Top of The World lounge. This would be the ONLY incentive to stay here again unfortunately.

I haven't stayed at BLT yet so I haven't had the opportunity to be disappointed in the room location for the points. M very first trip as a DVC owner was this February and I stayed at AKV and booked a studio with savannah view at Kidani. I was extremely disappointed with the room location. I used the points to get a savannah view and my direct view was a fence that separated the Pembrooke savannah from the pool area. I could not even see the pool because of all the plants. How many animals did I see in my little corner of a svannah view. One swan in the little pond I could see. That's it! I did provide that feedback on teh survey Disney sends out after your visit, but I have not provided the input to DVC. I need to do that today.

I have a big trip coming up at the end of May. Our first trip home to BLT. I have a 2 BR dedicated Magic Kingdom view reserved. My DH will be on this trip (he was not on the Feb trip) along with another couple and their daughter. This is there first trip to Disney. I hope the room is not a disappointment.

We're a group of 9 and trying to decide between reserving a BLT Grand Villa or BWV Grand Villa. Who has seen or stayed in both and which would you pick, based on location, amenities, and views?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter