BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

The connecting door is in the hallway with the closet, not in the "living space", so I never noticed any noise whatsoever. :thumbsup2
Thank you, LJD2143. I looked at some photos and thought I saw a door in the hallway, but wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming that it's not in the master bedroom:)

we are headed to BLT with my sister and her family in AUg.

My younger son will be finishing a grad course and my older son will be starting a grad class while we are there. Both courses are online courses. Does BLT have free WIFi or will we have to pay?

we are headed to BLT with my sister and her family in AUg.

My younger son will be finishing a grad course and my older son will be starting a grad class while we are there. Both courses are online courses. Does BLT have free WIFi or will we have to pay?
All WDW Resorts now have free WiFi, but some are more reliable than others. For example, last month I stayed at both BWI and WL. At BWI, the WiFi was very unreliable (hard to connect to) and slow, but at WL it was always reliable (easy to connect to) and relatively fast.

My BLT WiFi worked well and also had no problems at all at BWV a few weeks ago. I have an air card and that did not work well at BLT but worked fine at BWV. It might have been our room location at BLT- We were on the 4th floor around the "corner", sort of facing the little beach, in a standard view room.

36 days till BLT!

I have a dedicated lake view 2 bedroom booked. I think I've decided I like the view facing towards CR the most. I don't want to be too close to the bottom so would my best bet be requesting... rooms 7644-8444? Or list them individually? like 7644, 7744, 7844 etc? Or just simply south facing high floor?

Have a 2 bedroom standard view dedicated booked for early June. Someone else responded on another thread that the standard view rooms are on floors 1 and 2. So should I request anything in particular to get a "better room" location? We will be a party of 7. 4 adults and kids 12, 10 and 5. If I read the diagram correctly on page 1 correctly, there are only 8 dedicated standard view 2 bedrooms. 7144, 7202,7205,7216, 7217,7229, 7230, 7241. So "no first floor, even number" is about the best request to make?

15 more days until I am home! We are going to have a TPV. Hopefully I get a room that doesn't have pictures yet. I will be sure to take plenty! Love me some BLT! :lovestruc

online check-in allows for room preference. i asked for high floor ending in 44 originally. then something a little different online. ended up with 8117. great condo. 3 full bathrooms, great view. theme park view is also parking lot view.

top of the world is pretty sweet for fireworks.

Do you think there is any difference in the chance of having your room request granted (north tower, even numbered room) booking directly through WDW vs renting points through a DVC member? Looking at a 1bdr LV for early August. And I know it's only a request.

thanks!

Do you think there is any difference in the chance of having your room request granted (north tower, even numbered room) booking directly through WDW vs renting points through a DVC member? Looking at a 1bdr LV for early August. And I know it's only a request.

thanks!

We just recently rented points for our BLT stay in March/April of this year. I had placed the room request of north, even numbered room for our lake view studio at the time of reservation.

I did online check-in and discovered that there isn't really a way to be that specific when making a room request through that tool.

We arrived at BLT around 1:30pm and made our way to the online check-in area at the Contemporary.

I just asked the agent if they had received our room requests right upfront before we went any further. She stated that she had not, but asked what they were and she would do her best.

She was able to accommodate our request just fine. Just make sure your agent knows that you're willing to wait if the room isn't quite ready yet.

Good Luck! :thumbsup2

thanks!

the person you rent from will make the request so there is no difference. at check-in, if you are not sure of the room, ask to take a look at it first.

My understanding (and experience) is that they do not know HOW you got your reservation once they get to the resort. It should be the same whether you own or rent. It depends on what is available! And how willing you are to wait as well as how willing the "room assigning" people are to do a little extra. There IS debate about whether your chance of getting what you want is best if you REQUEST early or if you CHECK IN early, but that is the only variable I heard that makes a difference! :-) We have had good luck and bad luck--just depends on the day! HTH, Alicia

i got there a little before 4 pm so there was no wait and the rooms were still being cleaned up. not sure how many people check out on a friday but i had a choice of at least 2 units and the desk help was very nice.

I am wondering if I should check in online and make a request for a high floor or just check in when we get there and make the request. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter