BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I just called Member Services and put in a request for the highest floor possible. Apparently that is how you put in requests? :confused3 I had no clue. LOL

I hope our request is granted!! If not, I will still have a blast! :)

the person you rent from will make the request so there is no difference. at check-in, if you are not sure of the room, ask to take a look at it first.

That is the way to go,a walk through is the best way to make sure the accommodations meet ones approval, before checking in it does save time and heart ache.:cool1:

-JH

We just got home yesterday from a week at wdw. We only stayed in BLT for one night, but it was great!

We were in room 7504, 1 bedroom standard view. Located on the 5th floor. Out our balcony and living room windows, we had a view of trees. But if we looked slightly to the left, we saw space mountain and the castle! The the right, we saw the lake. It was a perfect view for a standard view room. We were not expecting to see any part of the MK with a standard, but it was great to see it all! The view also from the roof was amazing! We are returning to wdw in oct 2010 and are hoping to get as many nights as we can at blt.

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

Hi! WE're heading out tue WDW in Jan and I am torn between AKL and BLT. Did you do a split stay during your visit? You mentioned only being at BLT for 1 night. I'm thinking 2 nights at each... any advice?

Hi! WE're heading out tue WDW in Jan and I am torn between AKL and BLT. Did you do a split stay during your visit? You mentioned only being at BLT for 1 night. I'm thinking 2 nights at each... any advice?

Depends on what you plan to do while you are here. I hate moving in the middle of a stay but we drive and bring the comforts of home with us.

We are arriving at WDW Saturday but staying in one of the new POR Royal rooms Saturday before checking into BLT Sunday. We don't plan to do a park Saturday, just play at the resort and maybe DTD aftef the drive.

We're driving down and spending 4 nights on-site followed by 7 nights in an off-site Marriott condo. Could have stayed all 4 nights @ OKW but ended up going w/ 2 nights BWV followed by 2 nights BLT. The bad thing is that we'll really only be in each resort only 1 full day (and much of that day will be spent in the parks). But we'll try to plan to be at HS and Epcot when we are at BWV and MK when we're at BLT and fit on AK somewhere. For a 2 week trip including on the road time, we'll obviously have a lot of stuff but we hope to fit 2 days worth of clothes and toiletries in one large rolling piece of luggage and that is what we'll take in on our 2 night resort stays (plus a big bag of laundry!) One plus is that we'll only get 2 days of the dining plan which works out well for us. We check into BWV on Wed night so we'll have the dining credits until then through Friday midnight. I've planned for character meals on Thur night and Fri night.

Depends on what you plan to do while you are here. I hate moving in the middle of a stay but we drive and bring the comforts of home with us.

We are arriving at WDW Saturday but staying in one of the new POR Royal rooms Saturday before checking into BLT Sunday. We don't plan to do a park Saturday, just play at the resort and maybe DTD aftef the drive.

We'll only be in FL for 4 days total and 99.9% of the time will be spent in the parks, which is partly why I don't want to be at AKV the whole time but I do want to try it. I don't mind not having our luggage during the day of the move (while bell services has it) because we'll be out for the whole day.

I've yet to use points at WDW and want to try a few resorts, which is why I was thinking of doing a 2night/2night split.

This will be our first trip as DVC owners and are a bit naive about what to request where etc. its our daughters birthday trip which we have noted on a couple of the meals.We are doing 6 nights at our home resort of VWL which I will just request high floor but for BLT do not have a clue.
We have a one bedroom lake view booked for 5 nights after a 4 night off site stay. I have tried to figure out the layout on page 1 but a little confused.
Which side has the view over pool and lake? Also is there any LV rooms tht overlook the monorail if so which area?
Do I need to ring and ask to add to the booking?
I am not really tht bothered but would just like advice from experienced BLT owners.
We are there aug 22-5th sept:banana:

This will be our first trip as DVC owners and are a bit naive about what to request where etc. its our daughters birthday trip which we have noted on a couple of the meals.We are doing 6 nights at our home resort of VWL which I will just request high floor but for BLT do not have a clue.
We have a one bedroom lake view booked for 5 nights after a 4 night off site stay. I have tried to figure out the layout on page 1 but a little confused.
Which side has the view over pool and lake? Also is there any LV rooms tht overlook the monorail if so which area?
Do I need to ring and ask to add to the booking?
I am not really tht bothered but would just like advice from experienced BLT owners.
We are there aug 22-5th sept:banana:

The odd-numbered villas are on the inside of the BLT "C." These are the villas that overlook the pool and have views of the lake. You can't see the monorails from these villas. However, you can see the water traffic on Bay Lake, including the Electric Light Parade at night.

The even-numbered villas are on the outside of the BLT "C." The Lake View even-numbered villas are located on the south wing (closest to the Contemporary Resort) and on the north wing (furthest away from the CR). The south wing villas and most of the north wing villas offer limited views of the monorails. We were in 8142 on the south wing and watched the monorails enter and exit the Contemporary Resort. The north wing villas offer views of the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks at night.

We really like BLT and think you'll have a great time!

The odd-numbered villas are on the inside of the BLT "C." These are the villas that overlook the pool and have views of the lake. You can't see the monorails from these villas. However, you can see the water traffic on Bay Lake, including the Electric Light Parade at night.

The even-numbered villas are on the outside of the BLT "C." The Lake View even-numbered villas are located on the south wing (closest to the Contemporary Resort) and on the north wing (furthest away from the CR). The south wing villas and most of the north wing villas offer limited views of the monorails. We were in 8142 on the south wing and watched the monorails enter and exit the Contemporary Resort. The north wing villas offer views of the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks at night.

We really like BLT and think you'll have a great time!
Thankyou very much that has really helped. I will not request specific room numbers but may ask for high floor even number south wing.if i dont get it it doesnt matter will have what im given:woohoo:

The CM the other day said I was the first person with a lake view to request a south facing room that she ever talked to. She said nearly every lake view requests a north facing to hopefully get a glimpse of MK! I requested south facing ending in 44. I'd really like to face towards CR. :thumbsup2

Spent 3 great nights at BLT in a lake view studio. I knew from this thread what rooms to ask for and ended up in 8006 and had a wonderful view of MK!
I was concerned about space but found for the amount of time my DH and I and our two tweens spent there, we had plenty of room. The cushions and pillows took up a lot of room IMO. The shelves were plentiful, put oddly placed.
I am so glad I got to stay here and would do it again in a minute!

fw.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have a 2br lock-off reserved, MK view. I am going to attempt to read through all 100+ pages, but any suggestions on room requests would be much appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I have a 2br lock-off reserved, MK view. I am going to attempt to read through all 100+ pages, but any suggestions on room requests would be much appreciated.

Since you already have a MK view, I would just request a high floor.

Thanks for the photos! I updated the first posting with the links to the new pictures. We will be back in September, I am sure the summer will go by fast and we will be there before we know it!

Can't wait!

I love this thread. BLT has become our favorite place to stay. We went for our first stay in Oct. 2011 in a studio (pics for the room are already posted by someone) on the first floor south facing. We are going back in Feb. 2013 and staying in a 1 bedroom standard view. Hopefully we will be able to get a decent view. Thanks for all the info.

Hello everyone!! I have a new room that hasn't been posted yet!!

We just got back and stayed in room 7726 MK/Theme Park view 1 Bedroom. It was on the 7th Floor and pretty much in the center of the building. The room was very clean and looked great. No damage that I could see. I will just post pics of the views since everyone pretty much knows the layout of a 1 bedroom. :lmao:

IMG_1074

This is the view from the living room (sitting on the couch)

552916_10150824028841478_562031477_10189529_816346368_n

This is the view from the bedroom sliding doors

576668_10150824030261478_1226712761_n

We had a clear view of the Grand Floridian (zoomed photo)

380233_10150824030506478_1755115098_n

We could see Wishes perfectly as well as the water parade when it was going past GF.

539998_10150838976606478_258545579_n

535774_10150838979426478_503456989_n

223832_10150838975986478_562031477_10242531_824565178_n

and here are some misc. pretty pics. LOL

578117_10150824432601478_1000383553_n

317911_10150838975731478_1121873845_n

We could hear the music that was piped in at the 4th floor of the contemporary so we didn't even have to tune in to the tv to hear the Wishes music. It was fun watching the monorails zipping by.

My only complaint was the wireless internet wasn't good at all. It would work for 5 minutes and then drop. If you just want it for a quick check of your e-mail you are fine but if you want to surf the net at night, you may have problems. It was not a big deal though.

While we were there we also noticed lots of maintenance men touching up the paint on walls and baseboards and generally sprucing up the hotel which I liked. I am glad they are making sure everything looks good!

The theme park view was great but I don't think I would use the extra points again. Even the 7th floor didn't seem high enough. I am sure on higher floors it is great. I don't think it is worth the amount of points it takes. I would much rather use the points to see the lake. I will say though it is a view you should at least try once.

I hope this helps out someone! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter