BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Here's the view from 7424, Magic Kingdom View, front, left, and right.

FrontView.jpg

LeftView.jpg

RightView.jpg

First, many thanks to work2play because without all her work on this thread I would never have had the knowledge that I had to request the room that we just stayed in. Thanks a million to all who have contributed and made this such a great thread!
We just got back from a week (Aug 8 - Aug.15) in Rm 8012. We LOVED the BLT from the second we checked in. We had every request granted:wizard:. My husband is not a big fan of staying in handicapped equipped room, but from the second we walked in to the room he was in awe and didn't even seem to notice the differences.
The views are outstanding. The pics don't do the view justice. SM was right out the window. When we looked sl left we could also see the castle, AO, BTM, Main St plainly and clearly. When we looked sl right we could see the lake and straight out was the wooded area between the lake and the MK. I could hear the train whistle in our room, even when the balcony door was shut and locked. Watched the fireworks from our room/balcony every night. It was wonderful!
The room was huge! Loved having my own bedroom and bathroom. Loved the jacuzzi, washer and dryer, and loved the kids having their own space and bathroom.
Pool area was very nice. It was busy, but no lines for the water slide. The pool gate was always locked and a key card was needed to enter.
The bathroom doors are just as everyone has said, awful. I did tell the kids to stay away from the BR door if someone was in the BR because you could see in through the crack because the doors don't seal tightly. Once the kids were told, not 1 problem was had.
The only complaint we had was the bridge that connects the BLT to the Contemp was closed for repair all week. That may not sound like a big deal, but it was a huge big deal. There was no cover when walking between the 2 buildings. When it is raining and/or storming you were stuck or wet. The other thing is getting drink refills became a pain because everytime you wanted to go get a refill it was down to 1st floor, across to Contemp and back up to the 4th floor verses down to 5th floor across bridge, get refill.
I will post our pics because I noticed that there were none for this room. It will take a few days because I have to down load the pics from the camera (can't do tonight because my daughters took the camera to The Jonas Brothers concert) and figure out how to post.
I have stayed at all the deluxe on WDW property, except the GF and the BLT is my new favorite hotel! Loved the room and the location! The only real problem is now I am trying to plan a stay for next years.:laughing:
Thanks again to everyone for educating me on the BLT.

First, many thanks to work2play because without all her work on this thread I would never have had the knowledge that I had to request the room that we just stayed in. Thanks a million to all who have contributed and made this such a great thread!
We just got back from a week (Aug 8 - Aug.15) in Rm 8012. We LOVED the BLT from the second we checked in. We had every request granted:wizard:. My husband is not a big fan of staying in handicapped equipped room, but from the second we walked in to the room he was in awe and didn't even seem to notice the differences.
The views are outstanding. The pics don't do the view justice. SM was right out the window. When we looked sl left we could also see the castle, AO, BTM, Main St plainly and clearly. When we looked sl right we could see the lake and straight out was the wooded area between the lake and the MK. I could hear the train whistle in our room, even when the balcony door was shut and locked. Watched the fireworks from our room/balcony every night. It was wonderful!
The room was huge! Loved having my own bedroom and bathroom. Loved the jacuzzi, washer and dryer, and loved the kids having their own space and bathroom.
Pool area was very nice. It was busy, but no lines for the water slide. The pool gate was always locked and a key card was needed to enter.
The bathroom doors are just as everyone has said, awful. I did tell the kids to stay away from the BR door if someone was in the BR because you could see in through the crack because the doors don't seal tightly. Once the kids were told, not 1 problem was had.
The only complaint we had was the bridge that connects the BLT to the Contemp was closed for repair all week. That may not sound like a big deal, but it was a huge big deal. There was no cover when walking between the 2 buildings. When it is raining and/or storming you were stuck or wet. The other thing is getting drink refills became a pain because everytime you wanted to go get a refill it was down to 1st floor, across to Contemp and back up to the 4th floor verses down to 5th floor across bridge, get refill.
I will post our pics because I noticed that there were none for this room. It will take a few days because I have to down load the pics from the camera (can't do tonight because my daughters took the camera to The Jonas Brothers concert) and figure out how to post.
I have stayed at all the deluxe on WDW property, except the GF and the BLT is my new favorite hotel! Loved the room and the location! The only real problem is now I am trying to plan a stay for next years.:laughing:

Awesome! I can't wait to see your pictures! We will be there for a long weekend in September and I can't wait! :yay:

Please tell me was there a roll in shower in the room??? We have a 2Br handicap accessible room and I was just wondering if this is the room we will be getting...TIA

The shower was huge. It is a roll in with a fold up chair, regular shower head, and another hand held shower head as well.

I downloaded almost all the pictures from our room. I don't know how to just put a few directly on here. All I can say is the pictures don't do the view justice. Everything was much closer looking than in the pics. The zoomed pics look more like the view. Hope this helps others decide where to stay and what view is best for them.
http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/ac246/gipperland/

151.jpg

147.jpg

114-1.jpg

These were the views from 8228...loved this studio..it was just off to the side of center..more towards the CR than to the right.

How do I post my pics in my link like you did?

Under each of your photos, there are four codes to choose from that point to that photo. Each is for a different use on the internet. Find the one called "IMG Code" and copy it (right click on it and choose "Copy"). Then when writing your post on the DISBoards, paste that code right into the editing box. Preview your message to see what it looks like before you submit.

Room 8012, 1 bedroom, lake view room
IMG]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac246/gipperland/WDWAug2010029.jpg[/IMG]
WDWAug2010030.jpg

WDWAug2010029.jpg

IMG]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac246/gipperland/WDWAug2010026.jpg[/IMG]
WDWAug2010027.jpg

WDWAug2010268.jpg

If you put the next few pics together it is a panoramic view from the balcony right (1st pic) to left (last pic)
WDWAug2010277.jpg

WDWAug2010278.jpg

WDWAug2010279.jpg

Night time view from balcony
WDWAug2010113.jpg

Wow! Great Pictures. I think I'll leave now and go. Wait, do I need a reservation? I think the bus driver told me I could ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter