BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I have a dedicated two bedroom standard view. I was hoping for a high up view of the contemporary but it looks like I will be on the first or second floor... :(

Any opinions on dedicated vs lock-offs? We will have my mom with us next Aug. If she's not in her room, she will be with us. There may be a little bit DH and I do without her and DD, but don't know if we really need the complete privacy, if there really is a difference.

Maybe I've answered my own question....

I have a dedicated two bedroom standard view. I was hoping for a high up view of the contemporary but it looks like I will be on the first or second floor... :(

How do you know? I have done online check-in for our upcoming trip, 9.7 - 9.17 but I was not given a room number.

Any opinions on dedicated vs lock-offs? We will have my mom with us next Aug. If she's not in her room, she will be with us. There may be a little bit DH and I do without her and DD, but don't know if we really need the complete privacy, if there really is a difference.

Maybe I've answered my own question....

I think a lock-off has the ability to give greater privacy to the person staying in the 2nd bedroom rather than the other way. With a lockoff the doors can be closed between the two sections, the studio portion will have their own entry rather than just the one that comes into the living room/kitchen area and they also will have the kitchenette which would allow an early riser to make their own coffee.

In your case it sounds like you were thinking of more privacy for you and your DH rather than each of you keeping to your own rooms and in that case I don't think it really makes much of a difference.

How do you know? I have done online check-in for our upcoming trip, 9.7 - 9.17 but I was not given a room number.

I believe the PP commented because they looked thru the thread and found out that the standard rooms are all on the lower floors. They will not get an upper floor with a standard view like they hoped. You need to book LV or MK view to have a chance at higher floor. Room numbers are never given out until your room is ready for you to occupy it.

I actually think I won't specify which 2 BR to hopefully receive other requests. If we get a lockoff, I suspect my mom will only close it at night anyway. If my dad comes, they may have it closed more, but even then, I doubt it.

And a dedicated still has a door to close in between, right? Okay if not...

I actually think I won't specify which 2 BR to hopefully receive other requests. If we get a lockoff, I suspect my mom will only close it at night anyway. If my dad comes, they may have it closed more, but even then, I doubt it.

And a dedicated still has a door to close in between, right? Okay if not...

Dedicated and lock offs are a booking type so it will be determined when you book. If there are any dedicated's available then that is what you will get. If you want the lock off then you would have to ask to book that.

And yes - the second bedroom has a door.

But looking at the lay-outs (and it makes sense) there are more LOs than dedicateds. So it seems my odds for views would be better with an LO request. Am I thinking that correctly?

Naturally I'm hoping to snake one of those pseudo-MK but really is a LV views on the north, outside of the building, high up. Me and a bazillion others.

My inlaws stayed in SV studio room # 7228 @ BLT last month. Here's a balcony pic I took:

DisneyJan-Feb2010072.jpg

FYI, I was staying 5 floors above in 7728, but it looks like post 1 already has it as a confirmed MK view studio and that pics exist, so I won't post mine here unless requested!

My parents were in another room on the north side of the outer crescent, but I don't have the # or pic handy at the moment; I'll try and check them against post 1 soon!

I just returned from staying in room 7228. If you turn to the right, you have a view of the castle, the fireworks, and Space Mountain. We enjoyed watching the fireworks from our balcony.

Thank you to everyone that has posted pictures! Since cancelling my trip due to Snowmageddon, I can't wait to finally get to stay at BLT again! We will be there 9/24-27. (Moving over from CSR, where my husband is staying on business, can't beat going to WDW when someone else is paying!). It will be our first stay in a DVC 1BR. We have decided no more studios for us! Yipee! Even though it is just the two of us, we decided we are worth it. (Thanks DVC Mike!)

Thank you to everyone that has posted pictures! Since cancelling my trip due to Snowmageddon, I can't wait to finally get to stay at BLT again! We will be there 9/24-27. (Moving over from CSR, where my husband is staying on business, can't beat going to WDW when someone else is paying!). It will be our first stay in a DVC 1BR. We have decided no more studios for us! Yipee! Even though it is just the two of us, we decided we are worth it. (Thanks DVC Mike!)

If you need help in deciding which villa to request, I know a really great thread that can help you with that! Have a great trip!!!

I notice in the post that lists rooms and views there is a standard view studio that has some view of castle think its 7514.

What would be the best room request to get a similar view in a standard studio?

Would it be 5th floor, even number?

Many thanks, Flo :)

I notice in the post that lists rooms and views there is a standard view studio that has some view of castle think its 7514.

What would be the best room request to get a similar view in a standard studio?

Would it be 5th floor, even number?

Many thanks, Flo :)

Ask for an even numbered room on the north side of the building, that will give you the best chance.

Just got back from week long stay at BLT. It was a nice resort, but we really missed the theme part of the resort. I know some people will argue that it has a theme but to me it seemed like any other condo that I could have rented. It did have an awesome view and the monorail was great, but I think that we really prefer WL. Everyone has their own opinion. I would just choose to use my points for DVC elsewhere to not use as many.
We stayed in room 8022. It was on the tenth floor, a two bedroom dedicated Magic Kingdom view. I will try to post pictures later.
The room itself was a little more worn than I thought it would be for only being a year old. The couch had stains all over it as if small children had spilled their cups several times. The carpet had a black stripe, probably from a suitcase, that ran from the master bedroom to the front door.
I loved the washer and dryer in the room and used it almost daily. The full size fridge was nice and the dishwasher as well. The extra room was great. The master bedroom bed was great!! It was so comfortable. It was even more comfortable than my mattress at home. The shower and tub in the Master bath were great as well. If you want extra blankets and pillows for the couch and chair beds, I guess you have to ask for them. I figured that they would be in the bench/coffee table in the living room. I didn't like that they weren't already there. I don't think I missed them anywhere else, but I could have. It was always really late when I started looking.
Overall, I would rate our stay at BLT as a good one. It just wasn't our style. Could possibly stay there again in the far future.

Okay....reservation made for next August, 2BR lakeview. We requested higher floor, but no specific side. We're going to take our chances.

And I did a lock-off. And now it sounds like my dad wants to come along, so I'm really glad I did a lock-off. Just need to add him on. And tell DH.

Ol' fuddy didn't want to come. But I guess since he's had so long to think about it....this trip started after my grandma's passing in Feb. Thought we might make it this year, but decided to plan it right and take our time.

I'll make a ticker later. I think I have some time.....

We were at Bay Lake Tower from 8/16-8/24 in a 2BR Dedicated Lakeview. All I can say is "WOW"! My 7 travelling companions, as well as me, were so impressed with this resort! We had an MK view from the master bedroom balcony and only went to TOWL lounge once because everyone was content watching Wishes from our balcony! We had the minor inconvenience of the walkway to CR being closed for the first 2 or 3 days. But other than that, we have no complaints! Didn't notice any worn furniture or stained carpets. Even if we did I don't think it would change my opinion much! We moved to a Kidani studio for 6 nights after BLT, and let's just say it was a bit of a disappointment to my DS's. (10 and 6) But not because they didn't like Kidani, it was more because they missed seeing MK from our room and being able to walk to MK was awesome! (oh and going from a 2 bedroom/3 bath unit to a studio might have something to do with it too!)
Pool area was great, spent alot of time there.
Will try to post pics, we were in room 7902.
Any questions, I would be more than happy to answer!!

It looks like all of the Handicapped Accessible rooms end in 12 or 14 according to the chart. I believe these are all lake view or standard view rooms. Just curious if you had booked a theme park view room and needed a roll in shower if they could accomodate? Also, we need a dedicated 2 bedroom and it looks like there are only 3 on the chart 8112, 8212, and 8412 am I reading that correctly? Also, does anyone know the difference between these rooma and a regular 2 bedroom? Thanks.

It looks like all of the Handicapped Accessible rooms end in 12 or 14 according to the chart. I believe these are all lake view or standard view rooms. Just curious if you had booked a theme park view room and needed a roll in shower if they could accomodate? Also, we need a dedicated 2 bedroom and it looks like there are only 3 on the chart 8112, 8212, and 8412 am I reading that correctly? Also, does anyone know the difference between these rooma and a regular 2 bedroom? Thanks.

Really do not know exactly how many rooms are handicapped accessible, the ones shown are just the ones that people have reported on this thread. My experience with accessible rooms is that you get the roll in shower and the counters and beds are lower. Not sure what other differences there are in a 2 bedroom. Maybe others can help with that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter