BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Hello everyone - As we plan another trip back to BLT, it occurred to me that I never returned to this thread to post our views. We stayed in 7302 (a dedicated 2BR LV) back in May 2010. It's a very large suite and has ok views. Looking straight ahead from the living room balcony, you could see the lake, but there were many tall trees that somewhat obstructed the view. From the balcony, if you look all the way left, you can see space mountain and the fireworks. And you can HEAR them REALLY well. :) Looking right, gives you more lake views.

We had asked for an even numbered, north side room and well, this fit our requests. But, in my mind, it was pretty much the worst possible room that met the requests. The end rooms are not really that desireable for one main reason: the air conditioning units can't keep up. On arrival, our room was 78 degrees. We immediately turned the thermostat as cold as possible and the fan up as much as possible. By the time we returned, it was marginally better but still not acceptable. As it was 10pm, we waited until the next day to call maintenance. Once maintenance arrived the next day, they attempted to fix the problem by blowing out the system in the room. But, the guy told us that all of the XX02 rooms have problems just like ours and that they are constantly getting complaints like ours and having to try and blow out the system, which really doesn't help much. So, all in all, we had a very warm room and no compensation offered. If we are assigned an XX02 room again, I will insist on switching, even if it compromises the view.

Hope this helps!

Hello everyone - As we plan another trip back to BLT, it occurred to me that I never returned to this thread to post our views. We stayed in 7302 (a dedicated 2BR LV) back in May 2010. It's a very large suite and has ok views. Looking straight ahead from the living room balcony, you could see the lake, but there were many tall trees that somewhat obstructed the view. From the balcony, if you look all the way left, you can see space mountain and the fireworks. And you can HEAR them REALLY well. :) Looking right, gives you more lake views.

We had asked for an even numbered, north side room and well, this fit our requests. But, in my mind, it was pretty much the worst possible room that met the requests. The end rooms are not really that desireable for one main reason: the air conditioning units can't keep up. On arrival, our room was 78 degrees. We immediately turned the thermostat as cold as possible and the fan up as much as possible. By the time we returned, it was marginally better but still not acceptable. As it was 10pm, we waited until the next day to call maintenance. Once maintenance arrived the next day, they attempted to fix the problem by blowing out the system in the room. But, the guy told us that all of the XX02 rooms have problems just like ours and that they are constantly getting complaints like ours and having to try and blow out the system, which really doesn't help much. So, all in all, we had a very warm room and no compensation offered. If we are assigned an XX02 room again, I will insist on switching, even if it compromises the view.

Hope this helps!

thank you for pointing this out.

Quick question...

If I wanted to request a standard view studio, such as the one in the below post (Room #7337, overlooks pool with the lake in the background), what would I tell DVC when I make my reservation?

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34619900&postcount=491

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and thanks for everyone posting their views and for work2play for keeping the original post updated.

Evan

Quick question...

If I wanted to request a standard view studio, such as the one in the below post (Room #7337, overlooks pool with the lake in the background), what would I tell DVC when I make my reservation?

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34619900&postcount=491

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and thanks for everyone posting their views and for work2play for keeping the original post updated.

Evan

We stayed in that room. Request an odd #'d room. That will put you in the back of the resort looking toward the pool. You could also add no first floor if you want but the more requests you have, the harder I think it is for them to meet them.

Good luck!

Thanks Sandi,

Did you like the room/view? I'm thinking of getting two studios, one for my family of 4 and for my Mom, who will also be coming with us (I'm sure one or both of my girls will want to stay in Grandmas room though!). I'm thinking that my Mom would like that view from that location because, not only does it look nice, but it also appears she well be "close to the action" for some good people watching.

I think I will put in my request "odd-numbered room as high as possible". From what you said, the odd number will put us on the backside and if I put as high as possible, then that would put us around the 3rd floor.

Thanks again,

Evan

Can anyone tell me if you can see the monorail in any of the LV rooms? I am wondering if I should request MK view to make sure to see the monorail--son's favorite!

Thanks for any help!

Can anyone tell me if you can see the monorail in any of the LV rooms? I am wondering if I should request MK view to make sure to see the monorail--son's favorite!

Thanks for any help!

Certainly there are LV rooms with a partial view of the monorail. Those will be even numbered LV rooms (odd numbered rooms are on the inside of the "C" and view the pool. Low even numbers (XX02-XX14) will face north with a view of MK and monorail to the left from your balcony (example: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37262703&postcount=1021). High even numbers (XX32-XX44) face south with a view of the CR and the monorail track as it enters the CR when looking to your right off the baclony (example: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36362016&postcount=830). The closer those room numbers are to the middle (XX14 and XX32) the better the monorail view. But I think none of them will offer the monorail view straight out the window.

All the MK view rooms should have the best clear views of the monorail from MK to CR (example: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33447680&postcount=3).

Hi guys!
My trip is coming up. Thinking I should call and add to my request of a high floor. We have reserved a dedicated 2 bedroom MK view room for Nov 21-28 (even though we are leaving late on the 27th). Any suggestions as to what I should 'request'? Also, do you think I should do on-line check in?
Any help offered will be appreciated!

Thanks Sandi,

Did you like the room/view? I'm thinking of getting two studios, one for my family of 4 and for my Mom, who will also be coming with us (I'm sure one or both of my girls will want to stay in Grandmas room though!). I'm thinking that my Mom would like that view from that location because, not only does it look nice, but it also appears she well be "close to the action" for some good people watching.

I think I will put in my request "odd-numbered room as high as possible". From what you said, the odd number will put us on the backside and if I put as high as possible, then that would put us around the 3rd floor.

Thanks again,

Evan

Yes, I liked it. We were there for just the weekend--only two nights, but it was quiet and peaceful. But, as you said, it had a nice view of both the pool and the lake.

We have also stayed on the outerside with a partial MK view (fireworks from the balcony) in a LV room and those were also nice.

I will be booking us a 1 bedroom SV room for our summer trip next year, next week!!!! This time, we are not going to put in any requests and see where we land!

Good luck!

Hey everyone! I am so excited, I just booked to be at BLT over the 4th of July next year. I am really scared about the crowds, but will hope to get into TOTWL for the 4th fireworks. I am working on my master's degree, and not sure what my summer schedule will be next year, but feel pretty safe taking off that week. We wanted a studio, and the only one available was LV. I am hoping for the best. We had 1 night in 7308, and I was not impressed. I put in for highest floor available, but I am thinking I want to add even numbered, outer crescent. What do you think?

Hey everyone! I am so excited, I just booked to be at BLT over the 4th of July next year. I am really scared about the crowds, but will hope to get into TOTWL for the 4th fireworks. I am working on my master's degree, and not sure what my summer schedule will be next year, but feel pretty safe taking off that week. We wanted a studio, and the only one available was LV. I am hoping for the best. We had 1 night in 7308, and I was not impressed. I put in for highest floor available, but I am thinking I want to add even numbered, outer crescent. What do you think?

All you have to add is even numbered, that is the same as outer cresent. If you did not like 7308, there is a good chance that you will have a room with a similar view if you ask for an even numbered room. Maybe just asking for a higher floor will get you a view you would prefer.

All you have to add is even numbered, that is the same as outer cresent. If you did not like 7308, there is a good chance that you will have a room with a similar view if you ask for an even numbered room. Maybe just asking for a higher floor will get you a view you would prefer.

That's what I am trying to decide. 7308 would have been beautiful, if we were higher up, but we were dead on the vulture trees. 8308 would be perfect. :rotfl: When we checked in, she couldn't/wouldn't give us any info about what we were getting. It seems like some people were able to talk the check in CM's into more information early. Thanks for the info with even numbered.... since I have a while ;) I think I'll just keep reading and see what the trends are with check in and wait a bit. I know putting in the request super early doesn't make a difference, it's all done within a few days/hours of check in.. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD!:worship:

Hi all!
I need a lot of help! Or at least that is what my family thinks. :lmao:
Anyhow, I would love to throw out a few questions to all of you experts. :worship:
I will start off by telling you we are not new to WDW, but this will be our first DVC stay. We have spent most of our past recent stays at EPCOT area resorts.
This will be our first trip 'home' to BLT and we are super excited! I have read many reports and studied the chart of villa locations. We arrive the Sunday before Thanksgiving around 4:20pm and plan to take ME to BLT. Guessing we will arrive around 6ish? Should I do the online check in ahead of time or wait until I get there to check in? I made my reservations exactly 11 months out (even woke up at 4am my time to do so~see why my family thinks I am nutty?) so I am hoping they will honor my request of a high floor room. Should I call and confirm at some point that the request is still on my ressies? It doesn't show up on the DVC page. Also should I request a particular room for a great MK view?
Any help you can offer will be appreciated! :thumbsup2

Hi all!
I need a lot of help! Or at least that is what my family thinks. :lmao:
Anyhow, I would love to throw out a few questions to all of you experts. :worship:
I will start off by telling you we are not new to WDW, but this will be our first DVC stay. We have spent most of our past recent stays at EPCOT area resorts.
This will be our first trip 'home' to BLT and we are super excited! I have read many reports and studied the chart of villa locations. We arrive the Sunday before Thanksgiving around 4:20pm and plan to take ME to BLT. Guessing we will arrive around 6ish? Should I do the online check in ahead of time or wait until I get there to check in? I made my reservations exactly 11 months out (even woke up at 4am my time to do so~see why my family thinks I am nutty?) so I am hoping they will honor my request of a high floor room. Should I call and confirm at some point that the request is still on my ressies? It doesn't show up on the DVC page. Also should I request a particular room for a great MK view?
Any help you can offer will be appreciated! :thumbsup2

We do online check in and like it. If you are on the DDP and want to pay for it with something other than a CC, then do not enter CC info when you do online check in. We didn't know that last year and did and then had to get things changed when we go there so we could pay for it with our Disney Rewards dollars.

So far, I have never had a problem with my requests still being listed when I got to the resorts. 3 of the 4 times, the requests were granted. One time it was not but since the room was ready at noon and we were only there for 2 nights, I didn't worry. Plus, I know that requests are just that, requests so I figure it will work out some times and not others.

I would not put in a request for a specific room #. If that is not available, the room assigners really won't have any idea of what you really wanted. If you are not in an MK view room, but still want to try for a partial MK view, then I would request an even #'d room, northern side. If you are in an MK view room, then higher floor gives you better views than lower floors. However, I think many request higher floor so I don't really know whether that request helps or not.

Good luck! It is a wonderful resort (our favorite) and I can't wait to book next summers trip in just a little more than a week.

Certainly there are LV rooms with a partial view of the monorail. Those will be even numbered LV rooms (odd numbered rooms are on the inside of the "C" and view the pool. Low even numbers (XX02-XX14) will face north with a view of MK and monorail to the left from your balcony (example: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37262703&postcount=1021). High even numbers (XX32-XX44) face south with a view of the CR and the monorail track as it enters the CR when looking to your right off the baclony (example: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36362016&postcount=830). The closer those room numbers are to the middle (XX14 and XX32) the better the monorail view. But I think none of them will offer the monorail view straight out the window.

All the MK view rooms should have the best clear views of the monorail from MK to CR (example: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33447680&postcount=3).

Thanks for the advice. I bit the bullet today and rebooked to a Theme Park View and requested high floor. I really want to make this trip special because I think it will be the only time my mom will stay at BLT. Also, we had such horrible room karma this last trip that I don't want to take the chance!

Here is a picture.

Kodak2010182.jpg

Electric Water Pageant and pool

Great photo, thanks for sharing.

joining to read later. We "have" to use my in-laws points here next year. Our reservation date is next week, so we want to research, but DD is making put down my computer. Hrumph.

We got back last night. We stayed in room 8108. It is a studio lake view, but has a great view to the left of the MK. We arrived at approx. 11 a.m. and were told that our room was ready. I asked if they could tell me the room # and she said not yet, but she knew it was on the 4th floor. I then asked if she knew if it was close to my requested room type. She asked what I was looking for and I told her. She told me she had room 8108 available and it too was ready. We jumped on it. We never did find out what the room number on the 4th floor was. I will post pics a bit later when I have the chance to upload them.

*FYI* There is no room 8114. 8112 is the last #. The spot where 8114 should be appears to be a maintenance area and elevator.

We had a very similar experience. When checking in around 11am they said our room was not ready, I asked if they were able to meet our requests about a room with a partial MK view.

She did some checking and said I found one that should be good, we will text you when it is ready.

As she hands me the room key she says, oh, it is ready now.

So off we went to check out our Studio room 8108.

More than I could have ever hoped for. We felt truly lucky that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter