BLT and me! Trip report 8/21-8/25!

Sorry for the delay! For some reason uploading photos and general internet speed got bogged down, and we still had a lot to do!

Well, on with the trip! My son and I decided to head back down to the pool after roaming around the resort. It was a great day. My DH called to report that there were thundershowers in Baltimore, and that his flight was delayed, now expected to arrive Orlando at 9:40 pm. (He is going to miss the fireworks!) My son and I decided to head up to the Top of the World lounge. The views were terrific!

The view towards EPCOT:

DSCN0499.jpg

The view of the Swan and Dolphin over the Wilderness Lodge:

DSCN0500.jpg

The view of the BLT pool and slide:

DSCN0501.jpg

The view of the monorail above the bar, it was really cool in daylight!

DSCN0502.jpg

We ordered the BLT flatbread, it was really good! We headed over to the Contempo Café to get a light dinner. We both had cheeseburgers, they were good, but what was with the oatmeal on the buns??

We headed back up to the TOWL around 9:45 to watch wishes. The fireworks were nice, but not as nice as standing on main street! There were maybe 10-15 people up there!

My DH arrived around 10:20 pm. His ME bus stopped at POR before heading directly to the Contemporary!

I’ll end this post with my favorite photo from the TOWL, the view of the Contemporary resort after dark:

DSCN0463.jpg

More to come!

ooo. good request.
Yes a shot from perhaps next to the end of the main bed looking toward the window with the sofa bed out. Showing from one side of the room to the other.
[don't mean to be a pest]:flower3::flower3:

I shall now return to mypopcorn::

Sorry! I missed your request! When the sofa bed is pulled out, there is just enough room to walk between the end of the sofa bed and the table. The problem is that there is no good place to put the cushions from the sofa. There is room between the sofa and the sliding glass door, but they have to lay against the curtains. If you put them on the side next to the bed, then you can't get out of the bed on that side. (Not good, I sleep on that side of the bed!)

I did walk out on the balcony each morning while DH and DS slept in and was able to get out without major contortions.

Great view pics! No Wishes pic to share???
If they don't start getting more traffic up at the TOWL, I hope they open the place up to more guests!
Thanks for the update. :goodvibes

On to Saturday! (8/22). Happy Birthday to me! When the curtains are closed in the room, it is really dark! I don’t remember when I have slept in until 9 am! It was fabulous. I have to say that the rooms are very quiet. I know there is someone in the 1 BR next to us, but I never heard them! Wonderful! I went out on the balcony and the sun was shining brightly, what a beautiful day!

What is this? Am I at the Animal Kingdom?

BLT wildlife from my balcony!

DSCN0468.jpg

DSCN0471.jpg

I decided to let the boys sleep in, and headed to the Contempo Café for coffee, having refillable mugs if you are planning to spend a lot of time at the resort it is a real feature. There are refill stations at the Contempo café (coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and soft drinks) , and at the pools (soft drinks). I snapped a few photos along the way.. There are great views everywhere!!

A view of the marina from the 5th floor stairwell

DSCN0387.jpg

View of the Cove bar and the marina

DSCN0392.jpg

The MK from the 3rd floor north elevator, I would want a higher floor for an MK view, but you can see the castle (when the monorail is not passing by!) and space mountain…

DSCN0388.jpg

We are going to head over to EPCOT this morning. DS wants to try the Kim Possible adventure.

We took the monorail to the TTC to catch the monorail to EPCOT. While there, we stopped at the Will Call window to pick up my birthday present, a $79 gift card (We have APs)! Let’s go shopping!

The crowds were not bad at EPCOT, we signed up for the Kim Possible adventure, and were told to head to Italy to begin our mission. We stopped in Japan at the Kaki-Gori stand for shaved ice, the rainbow flavor was tasty!

We got our assignment in Italy and headed to Germany. Without spoiling the mission, there were a number of cute things, and both my husband and I enjoyed it. We even did a second mission in Norway!

We stopped in Mexico for nachos and margaritas, and felt that we had seen enough of the world!

We decided that we really wanted to go back to the resort for a quick swim before our dinner reservation at the Plaza in the MK, so we headed back to the entrance. We were about to leave the park when I was overcome with a need to ride the Spaceship Earth… There was about a 5 minute wait, so we hopped on, and then headed for the monorail.

When we got back to BLT, I walked around and found the picnic area with the BBQs. What a great place!

DSCN0472.jpg

We had a 7:30 reservation at the Plaza Restaurant in the MK. We decided to walk over, it took us no more that 10 minutes to get there. Did I tell you I love BLT’s location?? We arrived around 20 minutes early for our reservation and checked in. We were seated around 7:45. I must say that the service was very slow and they had the air conditioning turned down to artic temperatures! I had the cheese steak and DH and DS had cheeseburgers. DS liked the buns better here, but he liked the topping bar better at the Contemporary! My DS had the brownie sundae and I split one with DH. The brownies were hard as rocks! The portions were huge and no one should be trying to eat one of those on their own!

We left the restaurant with about 15 minutes to spare before the start of the Spectro Magic parade. We decided to stay for the parade and the Wishes fireworks. Both were great, I love parade and the fireworks were fantastic. So much better than the view from the TOWL!! You really need the view of the castle to frame the whole experience!!

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

We left the MK right after the fireworks, and it was a short walk back to BLT! We passed the buses, and it was a mob scene!

Did I mention that I LOVE BLT’s location??!!??!!

Thanks for taking time from your vacation to keep us entertained! Your photos are marvelous!

Sunday (8/23)

None of us wants to leave the resort!! Both DH and DS believe sleeping in is the best use of vacation!! The great thing about BLT is that I can let them and still be perfectly happy wandering around the resort. The shops in the Contemporary are nice, and I do have a $79 gift card!! I headed out around 9 with refillable mug in hand!! I snapped these pictures while “exploring”!

I think I was on the 12th floor…

DSCN0450.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

Great view of the Grand Floridian

DSCN0453.jpg

OK, that's it for tonight! I will post again tomorrow night with the rest!

Stay tuned for:

Fantasia Golf, how do we get there??
DHS
Back to BLT!

I have thoroughly enjoyed your TR and pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us, it's almost as good as being there, almost. Thanks again.

:sunny:

Great Wishes pics! That would be nice to not have to worry about the great herd leaving MK right after the fireworks, to just be able to stroll back to your room! :goodvibes

WOW - thank you for the awesome updates and the amazing pictures. Just when I don't think I can love BLT any more, I find something else to love. Again, thank you for taking time to share the love during your wonderful vacation! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter