Blizzard Beach Do Over - "The Bestest Day Ever!!!! HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! NEW 06/12 Pg 19 and 20

Sounds like a real fun day at BB! And the boys look so cute, sitting there and enjoying their ice-cream!

Looking forward to your missing photos and more of your TR. :thumbsup2

It was a great day! Hey! Looks like my pictures made it after all. That is all I have for BB. More coming up from our exciting evening!

Nothing better than to get away from the big parks where you can slow down and relax a little while still having some family fun. :beach: Sounds like it was a great day! :woohoo:

It was a nice break from the parks for sure. It was the Bestest day everrrrr!!!!

It does sound like a great day. I like blizzard. Nice that some could conquer Summit Plummit.
So glad it was the bestest day ever!!!!!! :love:

This was a do over, because on our trip in 2013, our BB day became a rained out disaster. Dana really wanted a do over, so here we were!

Good reason for a do over.

I believe the second bus to come by the stop – yes, they came by just for us , (and one other family),

Should've told them there was no room.

:rolleyes1

Ryan, Jim and Dana all bravely tackled the biggest, baddest slide while the boys and I stood at the bottom and cheered them on!

And why didn't you?

After that, Jim and I found an adult beverage and relaxed in the lounge while the family did some more rides.

Niiice.

On the way, Evan was jumping up and down, fist pumping and yelling at the top of his lungs, “THIS IS THE BESTEST DAY EVERRRRRR!!!!!!

:laughing: That's awesome! :goodvibes

Little Evan would come flying out of the tube, sometimes falling off his tube, splash down under the water and come up laughing and wiping the water off his face. He rode it about ten times!

Sure sounds like he was having the time of his life.

I ordered the Turkey Holiday, turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce on a bun. Not too good.

Too bad. I had one of those the last time I was in Toronto, and it was quite good.

About this time, my knee pretty much gave out after all the steps up the slides. So I just went and relaxed while the kiddos rode a few more slides.

Knee giving out not good, but relaxing at BB certainly is.

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun at Blizzard Beach! There's no better feeling than giving the kids such a great time. Good for you for putting the camera away and enjoying the whole day!

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun at Blizzard Beach! There's no better feeling than giving the kids such a great time. Good for you for putting the camera away and enjoying the whole day!

Hmm not letting me multi-quote, so it only saved yours, Mark. The last shall be first I guess! :goodvibes

It really was a great day, and we were so happy it turned out so well. We had a great evening as well!

This just says it all! I'm so glad this trip was all it was hoped to be!! YAY!!!
Thanks Liesa! It really was the best!

Good reason for a do over.

Always a good reason for Disney!

Should've told them there was no room.

:rolleyes1

I know, the nerve of that driver, letting others ride our bus.... must not have had the Ponz VIP package!

And why didn't you?

Someone had to stay with the boys....that's my story.

Niiice.

:laughing: That's awesome! :goodvibes

Sure sounds like he was having the time of his life.

So fun to see him so thrilled with his day!

Too bad. I had one of those the last time I was in Toronto, and it was quite good.

I usually enjoy it also - but not with the stuffing. I think I should have just taken the stuffing out....

Knee giving out not good, but relaxing at BB certainly is.

Being at BB is good, not matter what the circumstances, well, except a hurricane I guess.

It does sound like a great day. I like blizzard. Nice that some could conquer Summit Plummit.
So glad it was the bestest day ever!!!!!! :love:
It was good - Ryan and Jim had done it in 1997, so it was a quest for them....

It really was a great day!

FLYING CHICKEN AND FLYING FAMILY!

With our BB quest finished, it was time to go back “home” and get rested up before dinner. I think we got some laundry done and just cooled off. Some older people may have taken a nap.

Ryan got a hankering for some “off-base” food as we would refer to it at a military installation. He found a Beni-Hanas at a nearby hotel, so a plan was hatched. We got cleaned up and called for a cab. When the van they sent pulled up, and we were almost loaded, the gentleman driver asked where we wanted to go. He just stood there shaking his head. “ That is too close. “

“It is a long way for us to walk,” I said.

“Well, okay, but at least give me $10.” Done. He turned off the meter and about 3 minutes later, we were pulling up to the hotel. (Funny, because we were going to give him a $10 tip to make it worth his while. He could have gotten the fare PLUS the $10.) And he quickly got another fare, so it was not time wasted for him.

Ryan treated us to a delicious Teppanyaki dinner, and a fun time along with it!

Or you can make your own fun!

MORE NEXT POST...

When the boys were very small, we lived in Okinawa for 3 ½ years. When we went to what we called Kobe Beef (Teppanyaki) They called it the flying bread place because the cooks always toasted garlic bread on the grill and flipped it up in the air. This place did not serve bread, so we enjoyed dinner at the Flying Chicken Place.

Now, feeling lucky because of our success at BB, it was on to our other trip quest. Remember the balloon ride? Yep. We walked across the street (almost) to DTD and saw that Characters in Flight was acutally flying! We checked in at the window.. YES!!!! We were in the second group waiting!

We carefully watched the faces of those coming off the flight to see if they were overjoyed… well, most were inscrutable. Well, WE were going to LOVE it!!!! So took a family picture, then walked up the dock and onto the deck of the balloon. About that time, Dana started telling me she was really nervous and heights really freak her out. Oh! Oh! I had no idea. I did check out this activity with them before buying the Groupon.
She was so brave. We started to rise, and the boys were very excited. “Are we going to go alllllll the way up there????” “Way up to the moon?” “Look over there! It is getting so small!”

I was enjoying the beautiful lights of the area as we pulled away from earth. (we were tethered to the ground, mind you.)

.) I suddenly looked to my left to see Dana bent over, hanging on to the rail for dear life, and hyperventilating. Poor baby. I tried holding her in my arms and coaching her to just breathe. She did a little better, but she cried a little and just kept saying, “I’m sorry. I was hoping I wouldn’t be like this.” I kept apologizing for not knowing how bad this would be for her.

Eventually, like 10 minutes later, we made it safely to the dock again. The bottom of the basket is on wheels, so when you land the wind current pulls you from side to side for a bit while you settle down. Even that freaked poor Dana out. The boys, and I mean all FOUR of them, just walked on out like we weren’t even with them. Dana could hardly walk, her legs were so wobbly. I half carried her down the dock, yelling ahead trying to get the attention of my son. Yep. Selective man hearing. Not my proudest mom moment. He is usually so sweet and thoughtful – guess he was just busy being a Dad. I don’t know. Anyway, he finally came over and stood with Dana, and I went to pay for our picture package.

We walked around DTD a bit, I think we got an ice cream and sat and watched some live music over by the … I don’t know it was a year ago!...:rotfl2: There was a lady singing who was dressed quite 70’s fancy. I think she thought she was a white Donna Summer. She had some groupies who dressed the part – they were dancing around and really enjoying themselves. :dancer: There were a few little girls in princess dresses who joined in. Great people watching opportunity. People were rolling skating around and the crowd was smiling and clapping around her. It was quite a Summer, Disney Springs evening. I don’t know how much of this is staged or crafted, but it really works. Makes you feel like you just stepped into the pages of some fun, happening resort town. :flower1:
Soon, it was time to head for home. We started the long walk back “home.” It really wasn’t a bad walk this day, not having walked around the parks. It was a beautiful night, fireflies and frogs along the path, which is lit with cute little lamps. You can hear music from the Springs in the background, and as you get closer to the resort, there is music softly playing from speakers carefully nestled in the plants.

Off to bed with all of us, tomorrow was our last day, our Hollywood Studios day and a day of more DISmeets with some wonderful friends!

MARV! Thanks! I've just been so overwhelmed with life lately, that I have let this slide. You have spurred me on!
My job is done here........now I guess I should head over to my own TR and do the same! :rolleyes1 :blush:

We got cleaned up and called for a cab. When the van they sent pulled up, and we were almost loaded, the gentleman driver asked where we wanted to go. He just stood there shaking his head. “ That is too close. “

“It is a long way for us to walk,” I said.

“Well, okay, but at least give me $10.” Done. He turned off the meter and about 3 minutes later, we were pulling up to the hotel. (Funny, because we were going to give him a $10 tip to make it worth his while. He could have gotten the fare PLUS the $10.) And he quickly got another fare, so it was not time wasted for him.
Nice to get a bargain! :rotfl:

Ryan treated us to a delicious Teppanyaki dinner, and a fun time along with it!
:banana: What a great follow up to your bestest day!

Now, feeling lucky because of our success at BB, it was on to our other trip quest. Remember the balloon ride? Yep. We walked across the street (almost) to DTD and saw that Characters in Flight was acutally flying! We checked in at the window.. YES!!!! We were in the second group waiting!
Haven't done this yet, but it seems that doing it at night with all the lights would provide quite a wonderful sight! :thumbsup2

About that time, Dana started telling me she was really nervous and heights really freak her out. Oh! Oh! I had no idea. I did check out this activity with them before buying the Groupon.
She was so brave.
I suddenly looked to my left to see Dana bent over, hanging on to the rail for dear life, and hyperventilating. Poor baby. I tried holding her in my arms and coaching her to just breathe. She did a little better, but she cried a little and just kept saying, “I’m sorry. I was hoping I wouldn’t be like this.” I kept apologizing for not knowing how bad this would be for her.
Oh my! I hate Dana had to go through all of that.......and I know you are too! :eek:

This place did not serve bread, so we enjoyed dinner at the Flying Chicken Place.

Hey, as long as something was flying. That's all that matters.

We checked in at the window.. YES!!!! We were in the second group waiting!

:woohoo:

About that time, Dana started telling me she was really nervous and heights really freak her out. Oh! Oh! I had no idea. I did check out this activity with them before buying the Groupon.

:sad2: Now is not the time!

I was enjoying the beautiful lights of the area as we pulled away from earth. (we were tethered to the ground, mind you.)

The view looks amazing! I really want to do that someday.

I suddenly looked to my left to see Dana bent over, hanging on to the rail for dear life, and hyperventilating. Poor baby. I tried holding her in my arms and coaching her to just breathe. She did a little better, but she cried a little and just kept saying, “I’m sorry. I was hoping I wouldn’t be like this.”

Yikes! Poor Dana. That must have been so hard. I'm glad she made it through ok.

I think we got an ice cream and sat and watched some live music over by the … I don’t know it was a year ago!...:rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Some older people may have taken a nap.

So what did you do while the old people napped?

He found a Beni-Hanas at a nearby hotel

Wanted something off base... then basically picks Teppan Edo... :lmao:

Ha. Karma.

Can't get away from it huh?

When the boys were very small, we lived in Okinawa for 3 ½ years. When we went to what we called Kobe Beef (Teppanyaki) They called it the flying bread place because the cooks always toasted garlic bread on the grill and flipped it up in the air. This place did not serve bread, so we enjoyed dinner at the Flying Chicken Place.

:laughing: Well, that certainly explains it!

Characters in Flight was acutally flying! We checked in at the window.. YES!!!! We were in the second group waiting!

Sweet!

Dana started telling me she was really nervous and heights really freak her out. Oh! Oh! I had no idea.

Oh dear. Why didn't she stay on Terra Firma then?

“Are we going to go alllllll the way up there????” “Way up to the moon?” “Look over there! It is getting so small!”

I'm sure all this was just what Dana needed to hear.

I suddenly looked to my left to see Dana bent over, hanging on to the rail for dear life, and hyperventilating

Awww, the poor thing.

The boys, and I mean all FOUR of them, just walked on out like we weren’t even with them. Dana could hardly walk, her legs were so wobbly. I half carried her down the dock, yelling ahead trying to get the attention of my son. Yep. Selective man hearing.

:sad2: Very typical of us man types.

We walked around DTD a bit, I think we got an ice cream and sat and watched some live music over by the … I don’t know it was a year ago!...:rotfl2:

:laughing:

I think she thought she was a white Donna Summer.

Don't know why, but that just tickles my funny bone.

It was quite a Summer, Disney Springs evening.

A white Donna Summer, Disney Springs evening?

It was a beautiful night, fireflies and frogs along the path, which is lit with cute little lamps.

Man, that really sounds nice.

Off to bed with all of us, tomorrow was our last day, our Hollywood Studios day and a day of more DISmeets with some wonderful friends!

Boo! To the last day. But Yay! for DISmeets!

I'm FINALLY all caught up!!!!

I love reading about your grandkids! I can't wait to go to the parks with my kids and experiencing it through their eyes.

I didn't know you lived in Japan for 3+ years. Can you still speak some Japanese? I had the opportunity to travel there and it may be my favourite country to visit.

You had so many DISmeets this trip. That sounds like so much fun!

Hmmm, that Kitchen Sink actually looks smaller than I thought it was...Maybe I'll try to make an ADR and we'll see how my family feels when we get there :confused3

You're already at the end of your trip but I just got here, haha.

Finally getting caught up!!!

An off base dinner with an interesting cab ride. Must have been really close since a cab ride from SSR to AKL was $20.00 for me.

Nice on being able to catch characters in flight but poor Dana. I am glad she survived. I hope once she got back down to earth she didn't have any lasting effects and was able to enjoy the rest of the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter