Blizzard Beach Do Over - "The Bestest Day Ever!!!! HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! NEW 06/12 Pg 19 and 20

I'm here Tammie!

:dancer:

You ladies look like your having a really nice time! Very pretty, all of you!!

It was wonderful to hug my "virtual" friends! Ellen and I have joined the same travel group now too. She is so sweet!

Thanks for the bat signal, Tammie!

Thanks for coming back!

How awesome to meet so many DISmoms! Great photo of you ladies.

It was a pretty special meet up!

And thanks for the review of Mama Melrose - I just booked a Pixar Package there and I was a bit worried as our last visit wasn't the greatest, service and food wise.

I was wondering what all the bad reviews were about. We thought it was really good. I mean probably not mom and pop Italian in NYC or something, but I thougt it was good and the service was great! We also ate early. I think our ADR was for 4:30, so it wasn't really busy yet.

Glad you were able to have a DISmeet, looks like it was great!

Thank you! It was really nice, even if it was pretty short. Hugs and pics, I guess that is what counts!

I've only eaten at Mama Melrose's once, and it was fine. But that was before Judy developed issues with gluten, so we don't frequent many italian restaurants these days. But I'm glad you had a good meal and report that you would be happy to return.

This is what DisneyWorld will do to a kid!!

I have to admit, I may have wished I was a kid so I could join him in his nap time

Hey, welcome back!

Thank you! Thanks for coming back!

Glad the kids got to do Jedi Training Academy. That's always fun.

We were so happy they got in! We worked really hard at making it happen!

I remember Mama Melrose's being just ok, but if you guys enjoyed it, that's what matters!

I am wondering if they have made improvements maybe?

I'm sorry, who are you again?

:rotfl2:

Beautiful ladies, all.

:lovestruc

I have too.
I've avoided it in the past because of the poor reviews, but I'm seeing more an more positive ones.
Maybe they've changed over the last few years?

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much. Maybe they have improved. That would be a good thing.

Good to hear!

That almost looks like a paint by numbers kit.

I guess it could be.

I've never had that!
Looks good, too.

:laughing:

"And tonight's specialité... Alien tentacle fricassee."

"I'll have that."

:rotfl2: That is about right.

That sounds decadent... and delicious.

It's not easy being a jedi.

That can wear you out for sure!

Okay! See you then!

Like now!

The meal looks quite lovely at Mama's! I"m a huge sucker for Italian!

Thanks for the review; that one's not been on my radar before, but I'd give it a try after seeing your photos.

Yes, I recommend you give it a try! I would maybe do an early ADR or lunch. I think the less busy, the better experience!

Wow- crazy about the stroller- you'd think if they were make a wish- disney would get them a new one!

Glad that your boys were able to get into Jedi Academy!
I'm sorry I missed this reply back in ....SEPTEMBER?? Anyway, thanks for being here - hope you come back. The stroller thing was so fishy. You never know what people will do. Thanks, the boys did have a great time!

Hey! Top of my own page! Well our Hollywood day was moving along. I looked at the plan lineup for the day, and I see we actually did it all. I think the Jedi Training and the Indiana Jones were reversed, otherwise we moved on according to plan, and some people got in some extra TOT while I shopped with Evan too. Speaking of Evan - remember when we purchased this Oswald?

upload_2016-7-17_21-12-11-png.182424

Well, we left dinner and moved on to Muppet Vision 3D, then Indiana Jones and TGMR, and then it happened...... a little voice came up from the depths of the stroller, "Hey! Where's my Oswald?":eek: Yep. Oswald had fallen asleep on the booth seat at our dinner and didn't hear us when we said it was time to leave! We went back to the desk, but of course he was no longer to be found. We tried calling Lost and Found the next morning as instructed, but no go. They ended up going back to DTD the next day and replacing him before heading to the airport.

The boys found some characters somewhere near dinner, too.

Do you see Oswald doing a Photobomb? Yep! Proof he was there and we did these photos before dinner. :bitelip:

Maybe he gave Oswald to Pherb:confused3

We soon made our way over to Fantasmic! for our VIP seating. We were lucky to arrive early. Our seats were great and there were lots of seats when we got there. The people around us proceeded to put platters of food and drinks on the bench in front of them so people couldn't sit there, eating their dinner - what? I'm not sure that is what the Fantasmic! dining is. :crowded: Others were spreading out and putting items in between family members and putting their feet all the way out on the benches in front of them. I'm sure most were saving seats for people without FP or VIP seating. When people with FP or VIP came down looking for seats and complained to the CMs about the lack of seats, they were met with, "well, you should have been here earlier, I can't help it." REally? I can't believe that they let the rude behavior go on and on. Tell those pigs to pick up their feet and food trays and let a person sit down! :mad: Okay rant over. Just be sure you are there early if you want to use your special seating.

We took a few pics while waiting. Guess the boys were tired of photos. :crazy:

I think Jim and Ryan left for a bit to get drinks or something.
I had brought a bunch of glow in the darks from the $ store for the boys for this night. They shared with the kids around them, so everyone had a good time!

I only got one somewhat decent pic of the show:

Well, all good things come to and end, and the show has to end some time. We mosied out of the park slowly, it sees like a couple of shops were still open. When we got out to the bus, we were the 2nd in line and the bus was there but she wouldn't open the door for 15 min because she was on a break. Kind of strange. While she was sitting there, another bus pulled up and we jumped on that one. It was only half filled and away we went! Again, we don't ride crowded buses. :cool2:

We had to sort and start packing when we got back to the room. We had that pit in our stomachs at the same time as that "We had a great vacation! feeling too."

I have these two gems from photopass for our Hollywood day:

Last edited:
Geeze, it's 12:36 and I really need to get to bed. I see there was a problem with the photobucket. I really did have other pics to share. It won't let me correct. Sorry I guess I will try tomorrow. Good Night.

:rotfl2:Sadly I worked late tonight and have snack for bible study tomorrow. I'm making sloppy Joe sliders and Hawaiin fruit sald, so it might be a couple of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter