Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

For a few years I had very little support from DH. He was overweight and eating poorly himself, but didn't seem at all motivated by my success. I was very worried about his health. But after his accident in 11/10 and his weight loss from that and then going forward from that, he has been MUCH MORE supportive, since he is on his own weight loss journey! It is a bit hard because he is totally sold on the Atkins lifestyle and I have my concerns about some of it, but just the fact that we are ALL trying to eat healthier makes life a bit easier! It is just hard to enjoy my carbs when he cannot.... and it is hard to watch him dig into a three egg omelet with real cheese while I am eating my egg whites with veggies. Oh well... we all have our own crosses to bear! Best of all, no matter WHICH "eating plan" we concentrate on, we are teaching our children about eating healthy and maintaining a healthy weight! We are both at a healthy weight with healthy cholesterol and blood pressure numbers. Can't beat that at our ages!

My Mom has always been a GREAT supporter and advisor, although she is frustrated with her own weight. But she is really knowledgeable about health and nutrition and is a helpful confidante when I am feeling frustrated.

DD has always been as supportive as she can be. She knows when I am frustrated with my weight or my exercise. She is a super fit girl and LOVES her swim and dryland workouts and encourages me to get moving when I am needing that motivation.

DS.... well... he is a boy.... a teenage boy. He loves his Mom... nuf said.

Thanks for this GREAT QOTD and the super pictures! I LOVE World Showcase!

Obviously I'm at work now and do have some computer access, but in looking at the schedule I don't get much of a break today. I get a 20 minute lunch at 11 am, and then a 45 minute break at the end of the day when they go to library. Otherwise I am "on duty"! So I won't be able to pop on until later to do read and reply. So TTYL.............P

Pamela, that is great about you and DH's cholesterol numbers! That can be one of the biggest detriments to someone's health- and it's awesome the two of you have a united front on teaching your kids healthy eating habits. I didn't always have that growing up, and it got me to where I am today!

Hi Kaiti- thanks for coaching this week and thanks to Lisa for the encouragement last week :)
My support system is pretty strong- I have a friend at work who is on WW and started way before me. I dragged my husband along to WW back in May kicking and screaming ;) but he's doing awesome on it and it's been so great that we're both on the same page. I have extended family members who sometimes sabotage with the things they say, but because I've got my husband, we're able to battle them together :)

LOL, that is so funny about your husband! My DM joined WW about 9 months before I did and I sooooo did not want to go with her. But the day she hit 100 lbs lost, I went with her to support her, and I signed up right then! It had to be my idea to do it, I guess ;)

Gosh! I didn't get to post for a couple of days and now I'm way behind. I'll just pick up with today's question.

My family hasn't really been a big support system. No one is really worried about exercise or healthy eating or anything. Nobody is trying to sabatoge me or anything, they're just more apathetic. They do watch my kids while I run though which is helpful. My dad actually rolled his eyes at me when I told him I'd signed up for a 5k next month.

My husband was commenting on the changes he noticed (stomach getting flatter, legs and waist getting smaller) and said maybe he should start running too. I don't know if he will, but it would be great.

I'm only down half a pound this week, but I'm seeing a big change in how my clothes fit so that is what's really important to me. Hopefully next week will be a bit better on the scale though.

Wow, I don't know how I would react if someone rolled their eyes at me when I told them I would run a 5k. But it is awesome that you have so much help to watch your kids and having your husband make those supportive comments. Just ignore the eye-rolling all the way to the finish line ;)

QOTD 9/14: Is your family part of your support system? Or do you have a support system at work, or with friends? How do you make it work for you?
I kind of touched on this along with another member in a previous post when we were talking about teams and such. I am my own motivator. I did this to myself and no one but me can get me out of this. If I choose to eat something bad and someone says something to me, I'm going to get ticked. That isn't support. Now I know this weekend many people are going to be shocked to see how much smaller I am and that is great but I do this for me. I was always told I was fat and ugly and it has taken me a long time to love who I am and want to keep "me" healthy for me and for my hubby. As to how I make it work, I can't explain it.....something in me just clicked one day and literally said "enough.......". I am here for anyone who has yet to reach that point because when you think you have failed, it is easy to self-loathe and set yourself up on a vicious cycle. Failure to me is not trying at all. Every day each of us wakes up with the intent of trying and that is far more than most.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and if I don't make it in over the weekend, I hope your weekends are wonderful too. Enjoy the blessings of family, life, and all that is around us because sometimes we take it all too for granted! :goodvibes

That's a great way to look at the situation, to do it for yourself and no one else! I am one of those validation-seeking people, so that would be hard for me to get into that mindset. But it is something I probably need to try!

Lisa, that skirt is so cool, I love it!! Are you doing the ToT?!

Yes! My husband and I are doing this together! He goes to the gym with some of his buddies before work (Which I think is great!!! They have been instrumental in getting him moving!) and then I go after I drop my DD6 off at school.

We try to eat together at almost every meal except lunch. Well...we don't typically eat breakfast together, but he gets up and cooks some bacon and eggs for us all and leaves them for me and my DD6 to enjoy when we get up! :woohoo:

He also has been trying to go grocery shopping about once a week with me so he can have more input in what we eat.

So far, it's working well!

That's so sweet your husband cooks breakfast for you and your DD:goodvibes Speaking of grocery shopping, I need to do some of my own!

mskayjay said:
QOTD 9/14: Is your family part of your support system? Or do you have a support system at work, or with friends? How do you make it work for you?
IAs to how I make it work, I can't explain it.....something in me just clicked one day and literally said "enough.......". I am here for anyone who has yet to reach that point because when you think you have failed, it is easy to self-loathe and set yourself up on a vicious cycle. Failure to me is not trying at all. Every day each of us wakes up with the intent of trying and that is far more than most.

I love and envy the fact that you are at this place mentally. I have tried so many times to lose weight and failed that it gets so discouraging and to the point off why bother. I know this is self defeating. I just need to take this one day at a time and know that I'm not perfect and will have set backs but I am worth the effort. I need to be kinder to myself. Thanks for the encouraging words!

You and my both, sister! Everyone has to do this at their own pace, and the fact that you're even on a plan says a lot for you. You can do this!!

QOTD Thursday, September 13, 2012: Is there something that you dream of doing just for you? If you feel comfortable, please share or just share how you feel at the end of the first week of the challenge.

i dream of going on a whirlwind shopping trip in NYC ... something akin to What Not to Wear. Stacy and Clinton would be a bonus :cool1:

In the past, my husband, while supportive, was also my "cheating" partner.
This time, he has his own health issues and we are both walking the straight and narrow. His path isn't quite as narrow as mine, but he does his indulging at work so as not to lead me into temptation.

I know that feeling ;) But that's awesome your husband does the indulging away from you to help you stay on plan. If only I could stop indulging for myself...!

JacksLilWench said:
Good morning everyone!!! My name is Kaiti and I am lucky enough to be your coach this week! I'm so excited, so let's get started :)

First off thanks Kaiti for coaching this week! In response to the QOTD I do have great support from both my hubby and my daughter. My daughter is the one who encouraged me to join this challenge and I thank her for not giving up and cont. to gently mention it, not being pushy. And for her patience in showing me how to post as I am not tech savvy at all. My hubby supports me even when he does some proud the cooking trying to keep it healthy and considering that also when we go out for dinner. He has never really had a weight problem.
I have been walking 2 miles per day for at least 7 years now. My neighbor/girlfriend and I started back then and since both our hubbys and another neighbor walk Mon. thru Fri. We count on each other to be out there so out keeps me accountable. The time goes so fast and once the years we have solved many world problems! lol. This has been one program in my life that I have stuck with due to the support of hubby and friends.

That is awesome!! Good for you for sticking to the program and doing so well! And kudos to your DD for gently prodding you along on the board :) It's incredible that you've gotten two walking partners too!!

I actually dont and that is ok with me. Weight loss is really personal to me for some reason. I dont feel comfortable confiding in anyone but my dh and that doesnt work so well. Dh tries, but he is just so clueless. If I tell him I have had a good day (eating wise) he makes reservations at a restaurant. When I tell him this is not conducive to staying on plan, he tells me I have earned it! :laughing: I love the sentiment, but he is impossible! :rolleyes2 My favorite example is from a few months back. I was having an "on" day so although there was temptation everywhere, I wasnt truly tempted. We passed a homemade ice cream shop and dh wanted some. Since I was having an "on" day it was not hard to say no thank you even though ice cream is my favorite thing. As he ate his ice cream he was making "yum yum" noises and didnt even realize. My poor dear sweet man! :lmao:

It's so funny how with each different person, there is a different method of how to do it. That's what I love about these challenges, is finding out all the new strategies and hints on how to make it work. But no one should have to listen to yummy noises on an On day!!

QUOTD:

This morning, my husband got up at 3:45 and walked seven miles with me because he knew I was bummed that running has been put on hold for the moment (I tweaked an old knee injury yesterday). Having him there meant I felt safe leaving the neighborhood at that hour which made the seven miles much more enjoyable.

So yes, he's pretty supportive. There's no way I would have lost 103 pounds without him.

That is incredible- both that your DH got up at such an early hour to walk with you AND that you've lost 103 pounds!!! :worship:

Yep my family is a great support system. My sister eats the same way I do, she is losing weight with me. We can be good motivators for each other... but if one of us slips up, usually both of us do. Not always though! We usually are okay to have a treat now and then anyway. She's been running and training with me too, and we're doing the Tower of Terror race together along with another friend.

What start corral are you in for the ToT?! I'm so itching to meet some Dis Wishers in the race!!! I'm in Corral D...I'm not a quick runner, yet!

Hi, Kaiti! Thanks for coaching! I LOVE the World Showcase too! Can't wait to be there in 8 weeks!

I don't feel unsupported in my healthy living, but I'm not part of a big support system either. I am glad I don't have many negative influences. My sister and parents are concerned with healthy eating and exercise, so we sometimes talk about recipes or working out. At extended family gatherings, we have the food pushers, but those aren't frequent events. I wish my spouse would eat more healthy foods and didn't have such a love for dining out. But he is very supportive of my running/walking. Like others here, my motivation comes primarily from inside of me. And I joined this challenge to have a little more external support. :yay:

After the weigh in, I can say for certain I had a great first week of the challenge!

Sometimes all you need is no negative influences to succeed, how funny is that?? And it's working if you've just had a great first week!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The last couple days have been rough for me! I worked from 6:30a to 4:30p yesterday, and then 6:00a to 5:00p today :faint: So when I came home from work today, I crashed big time! It was such an awesome nap, lol! I got a call from my mom, who is up in DC this week. She's acting as an advocate for American Cancer Society and went to speak as a lobbyist to Congressmen on Capitol Hill!! She comes back tomorrow and I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Hi everyone,
I just sent PMs to Octoberbride and Kollerbear to join this challenge, even though it is a bit late. I joined the boards years ago to plan Disney vacations, and in '04 spent a lot of time on this board. It was a tremendous help but I drifted and the weight is back, and so am I. I know this time to stay here to learn to maintain the healthy lifestyle. It's a bit hard when there isn't a lot of support at home; the DH still likes the meat and spuds and portion control now that the kids are gone is more difficult, as we always overcook.

So anyway, I am looking forward to getting back on track, and started changing things up on Wednesday with trying to make better choices and getting back into an exercise program. I've dropped a couple pounds as of today, and I think that's because I started by cutting out the fast food breakfast and switching to a chocolate breakfast shake or good old Special K, both with vanilla soy milk.

Well, W.I.S.H. me luck and thanks in advance for being here!
Buggie:hyper:

I am up .2 this week.

Hope everyone has been doing well.

Just asking for some prayers tonight.

About an hour ago there was a wreck a couple miles out of our town (very small town). My parents have heard that 2 high school kids (not confirmed that they were HS age) were involved in the wreck and were killed. They haven't released the names, but since I am only a sophomore in college I still know most of the kids. My brother is still in high school so this strikes close to home. I'm feeling very sick to my stomach right now, so if you could keep these kids and their families in your thoughts tonight I'd appreciate it.

Just remember to work hard, love lots, be happy, stay safe, and pursue your dreams because you never know. :hug:

QOTD 9/14: Is your family part of your support system? Or do you have a support system at work, or with friends? How do you make it work for you?/QUOTE]

I have a wonderful support system. My DH knows when I am having a bad day that I will want to turn to food, so he tries to help me come up with something healty to eat for dinner. My parents are a great support as well. My mom is doing this challenge with me so we check in with each other on the phone everyday as well, usually asking the other what they have for dinner. When I talk to my dad he always asks how the weight loss is going and it seems like everytime I see him he tells me that he can see a difference. One on my coworkers helps me by reminding me how much $ I am spending everytime that I buy food.

Hope that everyone has a great weekend!!

I am up .2 this week.

About an hour ago there was a wreck a couple miles out of our town (very small town). My parents have heard that 2 high school kids (not confirmed that they were HS age) were involved in the wreck and were killed. They haven't released the names, but since I am only a sophomore in college I still know most of the kids. My brother is still in high school so this strikes close to home. I'm feeling very sick to my stomach right now, so if you could keep these kids and their families in your thoughts tonight I'd appreciate it.

Just remember to work hard, love lots, be happy, stay safe, and pursue your dreams because you never know. :hug:

:hug: Prayers with you and your family and all of your town. I can only imagine what you must be feeling.

Clean out your PM box please:rotfl2:

I need to send you info and you won't get it otherwise:thumbsup2

I am up .2 this week.

Absolutely. Heading off now for prayers and bed.

Behind as usual, but hi everyone! :)

DH has been amazingly supportive. Without nagging, too, which is great. There's none of that "are you suuuure you should be eating that?" that would drive me bananas, even if he might be right. :lmao: DDs are almost 8 and 5 1/2, so we try to lead by example and have anytime foods (fruits and veggies, yogurt), sometimes foods (popcorn, granola bars, sorbet popsicles), and once-in-a-while foods (candy, ice cream, cookies). They've been doing great with making sound choices at school, and that inspires me to keep setting a good example!

When I started running this year, DH decided to get back into it, too. He dropped 20 pounds like *that* (!!), and while at first I sort of felt like I wanted this to be "my" thing, now I think it's really fun that we can do some things together, like runDisney events...we can't usually do training runs together because we need to cover the kids, but we compare notes and commiserate a lot. :)

Rumors are running that he will be the next doctor. It will be very interesting if he is!
I could totally see that! I love Matt Smith, but the tenth is my Doctor, always, so I won't be as heartbroken with the next regen.

Set the alarm for 3am and ordered my new iPhone. I am a geek...but I'm ready for the upgrade! Then I went back to sleep, got up just after the kids (thanks to DH for making breakfast) and walked them to school. Worked, went to lunch and grocery shopping at Wegmans, back home for more work, then picked the kids up for school. Ate an early, light dinner before everyone else because - I ran 11 miles tonight! Aaaahhhh! Yes, I am ready to fall over. I'm gonna go do that now. Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!

XO
Liz

Hello everybody,

First and foremost I have been reading all the post from earlier, and it's very encouraging to read your pass triumphs and your struggles. My name is Alexandra and I have been overweight basically all my life. In high school I became very active and fit playing volleyball and softball but I was never skinny. At the lightest in h.s and beginning of college I weighted 180lbs. Now I am very tall 5"11. So this much weight along with my body frame suited me fine. Fast forward(6 years) to the freshmen 15, poor diet choses, stress, a wedding ,and two kids later. I weighed pregnant with my last baby Jordan 334. I gave birth on June 21,2012, he did weigh 9lbs"13 oz. I decided to eat right and exercise, I am only 24 so I want to live a long healthy life for my husband and kids. I weighted myself this morning and weighed 284. It's a good start but I have a long way to go. My first goal is for December we are going to WDW for the first time ever( never been neither has DH) I want to lose 50lbs by then. I know that's a lot but I know I can do it. Especially with all this great motivation and positivity. Here are a few pics I hope y'all enjoy.
Jordan and I(2 months 3 weeks old)
d9ea3156.jpg

Nicholas my oldest(1yr 7 months)
332a34b3.jpg

Close up of baby Jordan
4d72eeb9.jpg

Hi everyone, crazy day at work. Ended up being exposed to Latex and had a pretty severe allergic reaction and asthma attack which put a HUGE kink in my plan for a run after work. :faint:

Work tomorrow and was promised I won't have that patient assignment again. Sucks being a nurse and allergic to latex and then to have a doc who just doesn't get it.

I'm suppose to run the 8K at the Race for the Cure on sunday so I had better not have to be exposed again tomorrow. Really hard to run when you can't breathe. :rotfl:

As for my support system DH is usually very supportive. He goes out on the bike about half the time when I go out to run/walk. He says he is my traffic monitor. We work opposite shifts so he is only home half the time I am out running so I guess that means he really supports me 100% of the time he is off, right!

He also tries really hard to not bring home junk to eat. Sometimes he will get one of the mini candybars and bring it home but will also bring home fresh friut or veggies at the same time.

He supports me training for and running the Tinkerbell half marathon even thought he can't come with me when I run, he has finals that weekend :crazy2:

Work not so supportive. Families are always bringing in sweets and junk food for the nurses so there is a minefield in the breakroom to navigate through. Some days it is easy others not so much.

Okay time for bed after another breathing treatment. See everyone tomorrow night. :wave2:

Whew! I can't believe I originally thought I was going to keep working while going back to school. :lmao: In the last 24 hours, I have done literally 10 different assignments, quizzes or tests of some kind and I still have a medical journal article to summarize before I am done for the weekend!

I think 'The Scandal in Belgravia' is probably my favorite episode, mostly for all the fantastic one-liners and for Sherlock wearing only a sheet in Buckingham Palace. :hyper:

tumblr_m7wodsbSWd1rnfgmi.gif

Ok, this one made me laugh so hard I snorted!

Oh, the sheet... I loved Mycroft stepping on the corner of it as Sherlock walked past - such an older brother!

Got called into work today at the grocery store which made me mad because I had to rearrange my whole schedule. Then it poured down raining on the one day I leave my windows down in my car so I had to run out to my car in a raincoat (which of course we have to park on the end of the parking lot) and got everything hips down completely soaked.

After trying to dry off some with the bathroom air dryer, I come back to my register to get this older customer with her daughter with three grocery carts full of groceries (not to mention the 8+ bottles of liquor) and she announces that she can't go over her food stamp limit so tell her when she getting close and don't bag my groceries like that and 'You got a drink? Get me a Coke.' and 'You know you shouldn't be drinking Dr. Pepper' while she drinks her Coke and 'I need my liquor. Don't forget it.' at least 8 times and things of this nature. The daughter's getting fed up with the mother, I've been fed up with both of them. After 20 minutes (yes it took that long...) she reaches her limit and still has a buggy FULL of groceries that she can't afford and has now decided she doesn't want, which means some poor employee has to pick all this up. But she made sure to buy her liquor! :rolleyes:

But the kicker was when she finally says after ordering me, the bagboy, and her daughter around, 'I'm sorry you have to pick all this up...' It was all I could do not to come back and say 'No, you're not.' But I didn't. I smiled (while grinding my teeth) and said very nicely that it was no problem and to have a good day... After which I promptly went home to de-stress.

Ugh...hope you were able to de-stress and that your car seats aren't drenched! I will never understand how some people can be so ignorant. I do NOT miss my years in retail - you have my sympathy!

As for me, I'm working on my dream right now - I'm running for judge. And, well, last night's primary for minor lines was NOT a good night (either for the race OR for weight loss. No dinner, and some evil person put out a huge bowl of M&Ms where we were working so guess what dinner was??:guilty:) But I'm more pissed for not realizing some of the realities of running for office than discouraged. I'm in a "re-grouping" phase - again, not just for the campaign but also for my weight loss/change in body composition. Determined to give both of them my all for the next 7 weeks!!

Good luck with the campaign!

Rumors are running that he will be the next doctor. It will be very interesting if he is!

The next doctor...as in, The Doctor? Interesting...I could see it. I am ready for a change - Matt Smith has never really grown on me the way that Eccleston and Tennant did.

I used to eat Ranch dressing with almost everything, now not so much. I know most of you will say "Oh just use the fat free kind." Well, I've tried that and to me it tastes gross, same thing with like fat free sour cream or cream cheese, yuck!

I totally agree, especially with fat-free ranch dressing! FF sour cream or cream cheese is ok if it's baked into a casserole or something, but there is just a weird, gross taste to FF ranch that is inescapable.

Hi everyone,
I just sent PMs to Octoberbride and Kollerbear to join this challenge, even though it is a bit late.

Hello everybody,
First and foremost I have been reading all the post from earlier, and it's very encouraging to read your pass triumphs and your struggles. My name is Alexandra...

Welcome! :wave2:

Hi everyone, crazy day at work. Ended up being exposed to Latex and had a pretty severe allergic reaction and asthma attack which put a HUGE kink in my plan for a run after work. :faint:

Work tomorrow and was promised I won't have that patient assignment again. Sucks being a nurse and allergic to latex and then to have a doc who just doesn't get it.

I'm suppose to run the 8K at the Race for the Cure on sunday so I had better not have to be exposed again tomorrow. Really hard to run when you can't breathe. :rotfl:

Okay time for bed after another breathing treatment. See everyone tomorrow night. :wave2:

Yikes!

I have a (much milder) latex allergy too - you'd think other people in the medical community would be more understanding, right? Especially because repeated exposure to latex is supposedly what makes a person likely to develop the allergy to start with, and to cause it to get worse over time. So medical folks are more likely to be allergic than the general population, just because we're around it so much.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

QOTD 9/14: Is your family part of your support system? Or do you have a support system at work, or with friends? How do you make it work for you?/QUOTE]

I have a wonderful support system. My DH knows when I am having a bad day that I will want to turn to food, so he tries to help me come up with something healty to eat for dinner. My parents are a great support as well. My mom is doing this challenge with me so we check in with each other on the phone everyday as well, usually asking the other what they have for dinner. When I talk to my dad he always asks how the weight loss is going and it seems like everytime I see him he tells me that he can see a difference. One on my coworkers helps me by reminding me how much $ I am spending everytime that I buy food.

Hope that everyone has a great weekend!!

That's a factor I didn't even think about for junk food, all the money I spend on it! That's money I could be saving for a trip...maybe to Disney? ;)

Behind as usual, but hi everyone! :)

DH has been amazingly supportive. Without nagging, too, which is great. There's none of that "are you suuuure you should be eating that?" that would drive me bananas, even if he might be right. :lmao: DDs are almost 8 and 5 1/2, so we try to lead by example and have anytime foods (fruits and veggies, yogurt), sometimes foods (popcorn, granola bars, sorbet popsicles), and once-in-a-while foods (candy, ice cream, cookies). They've been doing great with making sound choices at school, and that inspires me to keep setting a good example!

When I started running this year, DH decided to get back into it, too. He dropped 20 pounds like *that* (!!), and while at first I sort of felt like I wanted this to be "my" thing, now I think it's really fun that we can do some things together, like runDisney events...we can't usually do training runs together because we need to cover the kids, but we compare notes and commiserate a lot. :)

XO
Liz

That's really great you and your hubby run together...well, not necessarily "together" but you know what I mean!

As for my support system DH is usually very supportive. He goes out on the bike about half the time when I go out to run/walk. He says he is my traffic monitor. We work opposite shifts so he is only home half the time I am out running so I guess that means he really supports me 100% of the time he is off, right!

He also tries really hard to not bring home junk to eat. Sometimes he will get one of the mini candybars and bring it home but will also bring home fresh friut or veggies at the same time.

He supports me training for and running the Tinkerbell half marathon even thought he can't come with me when I run, he has finals that weekend :crazy2:

Work not so supportive. Families are always bringing in sweets and junk food for the nurses so there is a minefield in the breakroom to navigate through. Some days it is easy others not so much.

Yikes, I know what it's like to have stuff brought into work! Yesterday we had a potluck at work and people brought some YUMMY stuff in...but it certainly wasn't healthy :( So I had a little plate and a small cupcake that I didn't even finish.

Up next, the QOTD!!

Good Morning everyone!! Hope you're having a good weekend so far :) I was able to sleep in after my two crazy days, and now I'm all rested to post your question! I have some awesome plans today- I'm hosting a meetup with a bunch of people at the Greek Festival :cool1: I do so love an international festival! The food, the dancing, and the culture is always so cool to see, and really helps to open my eyes to what other cultures do and how they work together.

QOTD Saturday 9/15- If you could put any country in the World Showcase, what would it be? What would it be like? What would they sell?

I'll be back later with replies...after the festival!

WI day today and I hit 30.8 :) I've been chasing that 30 for what seems like forever!

QOTD Saturday 9/15- If you could put any country in the World Showcase, what would it be? What would it be like? What would they sell?

Mine is strange but I went to South Africa a couple of years ago and there is a Coca Cola product called Sparletta that they only have in certain African countries. I even was looking out for it in Epcot but to no avail. It's cream soda and it's bright green and just so delicious. I wasn't super into South African food when I was there, but I loved that soda. It's strange because normally, I've never been a soda person and never drink it.

Good morning all!!!
Well I am home from my week at Disneyland.....I mean my week in Anaheim at a conference :) was a great week but am pretty frustrated as I really watched my daily intake and we walked EVERYWHERE and I gained 1.5 lbs :( soooooo disappointed. I didn't have a single Mickey treat :(

And now my feet are so tender on the bottom that I can't even walk without being in pain so I can't continue that for exercise!!!

Hope everyone else had a much better weight journey week than I did!
Good news..... I was promoted to manager of our informatics department at work. Been a long time coming and a lot of bumps along the way but am anxiously excited for the opportunity. I start in my new role on Monday.

Will try and catch up later today...we have the Grand Opening of our new GiGi Playhouse today and I am so excited as Zach is going to be featured on one of the walls in the center!!!!!

Talk to you all soon!!!

I've had a busy last few days. I try to leave work by 4 PM and this week I had to on a few days and things got pretty hectic. Overall, it could have been much worse. I saw one of my nutritionists this week. We talked about how it's okay to eat the portions I am comfortable eating even if it's lower than the recommended amount as long as the amount of food I'm eating doesn't lead to bingeing later. I have to find the right balance and we talked about how it's okay if that takes time. I can't be so hard on myself.

Yesterday was a good day. I ate well, but probably too little. I didn't binge though. It's hard to tell. I had plenty of protein, which is probably what kept me from bingeing. I need to remember that. Of course, I had breakfast just over an hour ago and I'm hungry again, so who knows? I definitely have a lot to figure out and am thankful I have both of them and all of you to help me.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Good Saturday morning everyone.

This has been one of the most stressful starting of a school I have ever had. Getting used to longer classes (48 to 80) and not being able to go to the bathroom after 2 or 3 classes I thought for a couple of days this week I was getting a bladder infection. I am feeling okay but I still have to figure out my water intake situation. I can't drink much in the morning because I go almost 3 hours without a break (unless I want to make a run between my 2 classes). I can have some at lunch and then on my prep period at the end of the day but by 4 if I keep drinking I am up 3 or 4 times during the night.

I promise I will be back on here by Monday at the latest. I have some things I need to do for a dear ffriend who is in the hospital and lost part of his leg due to circulation and infection problems. He doesn't want any visitors so I am thinking about making a quilt this weekend for him.

Eating has been awful due to stress but I am getting it under control this weekend.

Have a happy and healthy day.

I would add Australia or Brazil. I think Australia would be awesome and diverse. Brazil would be loud and bright! I have NO idea what kinds of food or items they would sell, but I'm sure I would enjoy either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I took my boys (and my mom) to Perkins today. They are having free short stacks of pancakes and ask for a donation to their charity, Give Kids the World. Each of my boys brought their own money to donate. I was proud that they ran to their banks right away and didn't even think twice about giving their money to a great cause. I did get a stack of pancakes also, but didn't eat them all. I looked up the point value before we left so I'd be prepared.

We have a picnic at our park at noon for DH's respiratory therapy program. It should be fun and the weather is actaully cooperating! I am not planning to eat there (still full from breakfast), but I insisted he sign up to bring something healthy. So we are bringing a veggie tray from Sam's Club. At least I know I have something to snack on if I get hungry. I don't think there is going to be anything else healthy. Out of about 16 people in their program, I think 3 or 4 are bringing desserts!! I'm sure my kids will be happy, but not my waistline :rotfl2: I'm hoping to sneak in a walk while we are there, too.

Tomorrow morning, DS9 and I are running a 5k. I'm a little nervous for DS. Last year, we ran a few and he did really well. He hasn't been running all summer, so I think we'll be walking more than running. I just have to remember that he is out there doing it and not try to push him too hard. It's a fun, small, race to benefit the police of our town. The award ceremony is awesome. They give medals to the top 3 boys and girls in the 9 and under age group. Then, they give medals to every kid who participates. Last year, there were only 3 boys in DS's age group and he got 2nd! He was so proud. I know there are more kids signed up this year, so I'm not expecting 2nd again, but I'm glad he'll get a medal just for participating.

Anyhow, I'm just going on and on about myself again :lmao:

Have a great Saturday!

Jill

Finished my first 5K this morning. Walked it in 50:33!!! I am sooo proud. I passed people and even jogged some of it. What a great day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter