Big Thunder Ranch food?

Do I have to go find my photo of the S'more bake? People seem to missing the important parts of the meal here, where are the desserts?!

482215_c_img.jpg

Thanks for posting this thread!

I've been considering us eating dinner there (my son would like it)
We have 1 open dinner spot, and was considering either BTRBBQ or Plaza Inn
for our open dinner spot.
We rarely eat QS at WDW, which is why we have alot of table service planned.

Our other ressies are: Carthay Circle WoC pkg, Blue Bayou Fantasmic pkg,
PCH Grill dinner, Plaza Inn breakfast, Storytellers Cafe breakfast.

Thanks for posting this thread!

I've been considering us eating dinner there (my son would like it)
We have 1 open dinner spot, and was considering either BTRBBQ or Plaza Inn
for our open dinner spot.
We rarely eat QS at WDW, which is why we have alot of table service planned.

Our other ressies are: Carthay Circle WoC pkg, Blue Bayou Fantasmic pkg,
PCH Grill dinner, Plaza Inn breakfast, Storytellers Cafe breakfast.

That's a tough call. I'd suggest trying to do both.

Plaza Inn is technically QS; meals are served cafeteria style and you bring your tray to an open table of your choosing. At BTRBBQ, the servers will seat you and bring you your drinks and literally buckets of food. You should try to fit Plaza Inn in for their famous fried chicken, if not for dinner then for lunch as it's served during both times.

We love BTRBBQ and are sad to see it go as we only started eating there two years ago. You should try this gem while it's still around. I wouldn't say the BBQ is the best I've ever tasted, but it's really really good. We love the ribs and sausages (so dinner is a must), and my wife loves the beans (and she usually hates beans). The corn and cornbread are good too. And the s'mores dessert is divine! During dinners, in addition to sausages and corn to the menu, you get live entertainment on stage, which is really fun in a hokey country sort of way.

If you have to cancel one of your existing ADRs, I'd suggest PCH Grill dinner. I get the package dinners, and Carthay Circle and Blue Bayou are fantastic atmosphere restaurants with really good food. I love Storyteller's Cafe for breakfast, as I think their food is the best among the breakfast buffets and the critter characters are a lot of fun. Plaza Inn for breakfast is also good for meeting a good variety of characters. PCH Grill hasn't enjoyed the best reputation for the quality of their food, but they recently changed their dinner buffet menu so that may have changed (we haven't tried the new menu yet). PCH is also not a character meal during dinner if that matters.

Last edited:

Serial, thank you!
I'm so on the fence about this decision.
If we just had 1 more day i could fit in all the ressies I want plus
room for a few more. :rotfl:
I want us to have room to enjoy some of the DL yummy snacks as well.
The new buffet dinner at PCH looks amazing, which is why I added it after I saw pictures.
:idea: Maybe we could do an early lunch at Plaza Inn and share the Fried chicken meal
then do the BTRBBQ for dinner that day.

I've never had dessert there, for the simple fact that I get so stuffed on the BBQ that I couldn't possibly eat any more! That s'mores bake looks very good though.

Oooh I'm devastated. BTRBBQ closing in January, we will be there in February and it was on our definitely to do list. The BBQ is yum but the desserts are Amazing. I'm not very impressed with the idea of a Star Wars world and even less impressed now that we are losing BTRBBQ.

We're making a sort of last minute planned trip next weekend, and because of the news it will close we made reservations for dinner. These pics are definitely getting us excited to eat here. Not sure why we didn't before, I love good BBQ.

Can you go to BTMBBQ and just get dessert? We have always wanted to try their peach cobbler but we are not really interested in a big meal.

Thanks Mousequake.

That was our official carb load pre half marathon last year :) And now we're considering it again. I feel really bad that DH doesn't get to try the other desserts, but oh my goodness that s'mores thingy is yum.

To be honest, I don't know. I've only been once and only had eyes for the s'more bake. Downside of living in Australia is that Disney trips are few and far between and s'mores are an only in America treat.

Yeah, but you guys have Arnott's TimTams at every grocery store. And then you can do a TimTam Slam!!! Do you know how hard it is to find TimTams in the states? Every now and then, someone will have them and I'll by a few packages of them and some instant hot chocolate. Then I'm the greatest daddy who ever lived...for the day.

Is the cornbread sweet at all?

The cornbread isn't sweet cornbread, but it's served with honey-butter which goes perfect with it. It's so awesome.

I'm really bummed about it closing. I didn't realize that StarWars Land would wipe out my favorite DL place to eat. Nothing at DL compares to the ribs, chicken, and cornbread at BTRBBQ. I'll definitely visit it on our next trip, but that was going to happen anyway.

Yeah, but you guys have Arnott's TimTams at every grocery store. And then you can do a TimTam Slam!!! Do you know how hard it is to find TimTams in the states?
I've seen them at Target lately. I know they're a "seasonal" product, usually appearing in the late-summer/early-fall for a few months. They had the regular and caramel kind.

I've seen them at Target lately. I know they're a "seasonal" product, usually appearing in the late-summer/early-fall for a few months. They had the regular and caramel kind.

Yeah, I saw them once, bought a bunch, and then they disappeared. They're so good, but "slamming" them is even better.

Yeah, but you guys have Arnott's TimTams at every grocery store. And then you can do a TimTam Slam!!! Do you know how hard it is to find TimTams in the states? Every now and then, someone will have them and I'll by a few packages of them and some instant hot chocolate. Then I'm the greatest daddy who ever lived...for the day.

They also have the amazing Cadbury Boost bar, which I can't find anywhere, and the peanut butter Kit Kat Chunky! :thumbsup2 :offtopic:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter