Big Thunder Ranch food?

Can you go to BTMBBQ and just get dessert? We have always wanted to try their peach cobbler but we are not really interested in a big meal.
We went just for dessert this past January. We were walking by one afternoon and it didn't look busy so we stopped and asked if we could just get dessert. It wasn't a problem at all. We ordered the chocolate chip cookie bake and coffee. It takes a while for the dessert to be cooked so we sat and enjoyed our coffee and the entertainment while we waited. We ended up tipping a more generous percentage because we didn't want the server to suffer financially because we were only ordering dessert. We were paying with a Disney Gift Card and just left him what was remaining on one of our cards.

Oooh I'm devastated. BTRBBQ closing in January, we will be there in February and it was on our definitely to do list. The BBQ is yum but the desserts are Amazing. I'm not very impressed with the idea of a Star Wars world and even less impressed now that we are losing BTRBBQ.
Agreed. I'm not big on Start Wars land at all and if they have to have it (which they do, it'll be a huge money maker and will help disperse the crowds), I wish they had space to branch it off of Tomorrowland. Leave Frontierland alone.

I am sad about this too we had planned on eating here next summer, I was under the impression just the "ranch" part was closing :(

What is the typical menu for lunch? We have a ressie for 9/29 for lunch and I was just curious what all it entails, as I have never eaten there...

Yeah, but you guys have Arnott's TimTams at every grocery store. And then you can do a TimTam Slam!!! Do you know how hard it is to find TimTams in the states? Every now and then, someone will have them and I'll by a few packages of them and some instant hot chocolate. Then I'm the greatest daddy who ever lived...for the day.

Off topic, but what the heck is a TimTam Slam?? I can get TimTams at the local Aussie Pie Shop here (and my mum sends me some occasionally when she finds them).

Off topic, but what the heck is a TimTam Slam?? I can get TimTams at the local Aussie Pie Shop here (and my mum sends me some occasionally when she finds them).

I hope the Aussie Pie Shop you speak of is Australian Pie Co in Burien! I saw you're from Seattle and that's the only one I know of here :) In a Tim Tam Slam you bite off both ends and use the Tim Tam as a straw. Really good..

BTRBB Lunch is Chicken & Ribs, Coleslaw, Cornbread and Baked Beans :)

What is the typical menu for lunch? We have a ressie for 9/29 for lunch and I was just curious what all it entails, as I have never eaten there...
The lunch is basically the same as dinner just a few things are omitted at lunch like the sausage and I could eat a bucket of them alone!!!

I hope the Aussie Pie Shop you speak of is Australian Pie Co in Burien! I saw you're from Seattle and that's the only one I know of here :) In a Tim Tam Slam you bite off both ends and use the Tim Tam as a straw. Really good..

BTRBB Lunch is Chicken & Ribs, Coleslaw, Cornbread and Baked Beans :)

Yes, maam! LOVE that place! I dont live close enough to get to enjoy it but a few times a year. I will have to grab some TimTams next time I am there and try this TimTam Slam! YUMMO!

The lunch is basically the same as dinner just a few things are omitted at lunch like the sausage and I could eat a bucket of them alone!!!

OK, that's good, I am not a sausage fan, so I am happy that it's chicken and ribs.

TimTam Slam is when you make hot chocolate, bite two diagonally opposite corners off of the biscuit/cookie, then hold just one of the corners in your mouth, you dip the rest of it into the hot chocolate, suck up the liquid, and the heat begins to melt all the chocolate. Then quickly bring the whole thing into your mouth (this part can be messy) and eat it in all of it's goodness. Oddly enough, it's our friends from Canada that showed us how to do this. Here's a pic of my son doing it the right way.
10407893_10206895278919923_3431437713013229488_n.jpg

We just got back from our trip, we had dinner here last night and really enjoyed it. Hopefully we can dine there again some time before it closes.

We just got back from our trip, we had dinner here last night and really enjoyed it. Hopefully we can dine there again some time before it closes.

Glad you enjoyed it! Did you have any of the desserts? I am wondering if there was anything special for the summer season. :)

I sure hope they don't close BTRBBQ for good and find another home for it as we enjoy the food and atmosphere.

Glad you enjoyed it! Did you have any of the desserts? I am wondering if there was anything special for the summer season. :)

We had the smores Bake, which was quite tasty but sooo big for 2 people who had just eaten lots of food prior :P The fruit crisp is supposed to feature seasonal fruit, but not sure what that would be right now and it isn't exactly special for the summer.

We had the smores Bake, which was quite tasty but sooo big for 2 people who had just eaten lots of food prior :P The fruit crisp is supposed to feature seasonal fruit, but not sure what that would be right now and it isn't exactly special for the summer.

Thanks for the quick reply! The S'mores Bake looks delicious!!!

I'm curious about what the vegetarian option looks like, too. Two of us are big meat eaters and two of us not so much, but we all want to try this place before it closes. I can't believe in all the years we've been going to DL we've never eaten there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter