Big changes to WCC menus on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by suzannews, Sep 15, 2012.

1. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

But the dinner platter (replaces skillet) description from AllEars is provided in post 862 of that thread.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tkme4ard

tkme4ard Merry Christmas!

what is the dessert platter (sorry if its already been asked)

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Hey the lunch looks pretty good. And alcoholic shakes.

Haven't seen any lunch dessert menu posted, or any description of the dinner dessert sampler. Or anything about vegetarian/vegan alternatives at dinner, except for the vegetable sides. There's a mixed green salad on the lunch menu.

The lunch menu does mention only three flavors of milkshake - chocolate, vanilla and stawberry. Am I correct in thinking that they had more flavors available previously?

The dining plan is a symptom, not a cause. It is part of the streamlining of WDW restaurants, but didn't cause it.

5. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

They had a orange shake when we went a few years back

6. chocolateMinnie

chocolateMinnie DIS Veteran

Seen the update on allears and looks ok for us - waiting to see the app and dessert choices though. thanks again to the OP for the update

7. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see Dinner Menu!

Love WCC and we will return.

:goodvibes

8. perdidobay

perdidobay <font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon

I'm sad to see the salad gone (loved it) but I'll console myself with Pa's Maple Shake, that sounds nice.:thumbsup2

9. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

We love, love, love the WL. DH "won't let us" stay anywhere else:rotfl:

But, we've never been a huge fan of WCC and now with the platter only menu for dinner... No thank you. Not a fan of a bunch of food slapped on a plate. And really, how much does lettuce cost? Bad choice Disney.

10. Jiminy'sGirl

Jiminy'sGirl DIS Veteran

Has breakfast changed?

11. DisneyStarWisher

DisneyStarWisher Love My DVC!!!

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. After looking at the menu, I'm more disappointed! This will be our last TS meal at Disney, and I feel it will be a sad way to end. My DH LOVES WCC, and we were going just for the skillets. I plan on sharing the menu with him and letting him decide if we go or cancel. If we cancel, I just don't know what to replace it with. We will be staying at VWL and will be going into MK at 4:00. We really just wanted to hang out at the resort and enjoy it that morning and early afternoon. We will have a car though and could possibly drive somewhere. I was just wanting to avoid that, if possible.

12. summy32

summy32 Earning My Ears

We will be there in 10 days and have an ADR for WCC. It is a tradition since our first trip. My husband and I love the skillet (ribs, pulled pork, chicken and brisket)and love that salad. It is nice when you can sneak salad or fruit in there somewhere. We also liked that the kids could order something other than the skillet because they are more picky. Would love to hear from someone who has tried the new dinner menu. Sadly I think we will be cancelling this one.

13. scrappinam

scrappinam Mouseketeer

Sadly the new menu doesn't list pulled pork as an option. Also is the sliced beef on the new menu the same as the brisket on the old menu? If there is no pulled pork and no brisket I think we will have to cancel. My family will be so disappointed.

14. njgrl622

njgrl622 Earning My Ears

OMG....I seriously JUST (like 30 min ago) canceled an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern because I DON'T want to eat off a "platter"....and I made an ADR at Whispering Canyon because the menu looked good....WOW seriously....what are the ODDS!!! :confused:

:eek:

:mad:

15. suzannews

suzannews <font color=red>Bon Jovi rocks!<br><font color=gre

I brought home a dinner menu with me.

Starters (not included in the family style platter)

-Western Chips with buffalo chili, cheese dip and fresh salsa

-Yukon Potato Leek Soup topped with candied smoked bacon

-Flash Fried Navajo Bread with citrus honey and tomato jam

-Arugula and Mixed Greens Salad with Washington State apples, candied pecans, rogue blue cheese and apple cider vinaigrette

-Smoked Salmon Quesadilla with arugula, frisee, tomato goat cheese, mozzarella and a side of pepper jam

-Slow Smoked Pulled Pork Spring Rolls with sweet chili dipping sauce

Build Your Own All You Care to Enjoy Family Platter

choice of three:
    Kansas City style smoked pork ribs
    herb baked chicken
    hand carved oak roasted beef strip loin
    citrus crusted market fish
    western style sausage

sides for sharing:
    seasonal farm fresh vegetables
    herb crusted yukon gold potatoes
    cowboy style baked beans
    corn on the cob

Dessert Sampler Platter
    Whispering Canyon chocolate cake
    jalapeno lime cheesecake
    apple-cranberry buckle

Kids Complete Meals for our guests ages 9 and under
    served with choice of beverage-small bottled water, 100% apple juice or 1% Mickey milk

-Grilled fish of the day served with whole grain pilaf, veggies and fruit salad

-Multigrain grill cheese dippers served with carroteenies and sliced apples

-Meaty macaroni ground turkey with marinara sauce topped with mozzarella served with veggies and fruit salad

-Cheeseburger served with french fries and fruit salad

16. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Thanks, suzannews! Now, still be prepared for lots of questions ;).

Oh, yeah. It all looks good to me :).

17. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

If I'm paying $28.95 for an all you care to eat dinner, I expect a salad in there. I don't care what else new it comes with, if now I have to pay for a starter salad on top of almost $30? Another reason we don't need to eat here again.

18. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

If you choose not to ask for a manager during your bad service, they have no way of knowing that there's anything wrong with the server's performance or attitude...

19. jhaig

jhaig Ooooh, stuffed crust

If the new skillet doesn't include pulled pork, someone else can have our reservation. Yet another of our favorite Disney things ruined by "progress" in the name of the almighty dollar.:furious:

20. momtotwoteens

momtotwoteens OIB for me!

I'm glad I came across this thread! I had been so excited for my DH to eat lunch there and try the canyon skillet. Disney's website still has the canyon skillet listed on the lunch menu you can access from their site! (We're doing lunch because it's cheaper) What about the yummy cornbread that came with it? Does anyone know if you can order that at lunch? It was my favorite.

21. vacationer1954

vacationer1954 DIS Veteran

I don't see any vegetarian choices in the "choice of three" portion of the dinner menu.