Big changes to WCC menus on Wednesday

suzannews

DIS Veteran
I don't have the new menus infront of me but big changes starting this Wednesday.

Lunch will no longer offer a skillet option.

Dinner will be platter (aka skillet) only, no alacarte option. A dessert sampler is now included. Salad is no longer included.

I don't have the new menus infront of me but big changes starting this Wednesday.

Lunch will no longer offer a skillet option.

Dinner will be platter (aka skillet) only, no alacarte option. A dessert sampler is now included. Salad is no longer included.

Is salad no longer included with the skillet? Is that what you mean? Is it still you care to enjoy?

Is the dessert sampler included on DDP?

We have an ADR for dinner next month for WCC (we are first timers). Thanks!

Darn! We like the lunch skillet, always though that was a great deal, especially with our TIW card. I bet the price of the dinner skillet is going up, too :(

Salad is no longer included with the platter (skillet).

Yes, its still all you care to enjoy.

It is, including the dessert, on the DDP.

I think we are going to have to change our dinner reservation to somewhere else than next month then.

Salad is no longer included with the platter (skillet).

Yes, its still all you care to enjoy.

It is, including the dessert, on the DDP.

I also meant to ask you, what do you mean by no a la carte option?

I always reference the menus on the mouse for less. Here is what it says about the skillet (platter?).

Canyon Skillet

All-You-Care-to-Enjoy
Smoked Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, Oven-roasted Chicken, Beef Brisket, Cowboy Beans, Corn on the Cob, Mixed Greens Salad with Apple Vinaigrette, Herb-crushed Potatoes, and Fresh-baked Cornbread
$28.49 per Person

Is the a la carte option you mentioned have to do with the skillet? Sorry for all of the questions :)

Wow...take away the healthy salad and add desert. Bad move. Cross this one off the list. I will not be going back.

Darn! We really wanted to have the skillet at lunch. Guess we'll have to find somewhere else to eat now. They really should give more notice for such a big change!

Years ago when it first opened, the skillet was all they served at dinner. Not sure about lunch. The only desert option was a mixed berry cobbler similar to what they have in Artist Point now except it too was served family style. By the next year they started offering the a la carte menu as well. If it didn't work for them in 1994 I wonder what makes them think it will work for them now.

Years ago when it first opened, the skillet was all they served at dinner. Not sure about lunch. The only desert option was a mixed berry cobbler similar to what they have in Artist Point now except it too was served family style. By the next year they started offering the a la carte menu as well. If it didn't work for them in 1994 I wonder what makes them think it will work for them now.

My thoughts exactly. Seems to me that someone at WDW failed logic class.

a) If you offer BOTH the skillet and a la carte options you capture 100% of all potential customers who might want a skillet; and you capture 100% of all potential customers who dislike the skillet, but like the a la carte food.

b) Offer ONLY the skillet, and you capture 100% of all potential customers who might want a skillet; and you lose 100% of all potential customers who dislike the skillet, but like the a la carte food.

Logic dictates that this move has to result in a decline in customers, as they will retain all the skillet people and lose all the a la carte people (like me). The only way this can come close to making sense is if there is a backlog of skillet lovers who currently can't get ADRs who can fill in all the gaps left by the departure of the a la carte people. But I don't think that is likely. I wasn't before. So why will it be now?

It sounds similar in set up to Liberty Tree Tavern, an a la carte lunch with a fixed dinner entree. I do enjoy a salad with dinner and am sad to see the salad go.

I'm not a fan of the change, but we already ate at WCC twice and it's not on our list of repeats for any time soon.

Are there changes to the breakfast menu, too? My dh liked the skillet there, but the rest of us ordered off the menu. Their milkshakes are good and I hope those would stay on the menu.

Hmmm, will need to see the menus when they come out, but I think we will be changing our ADRs around...

Hmmm, will need to see the menus when they come out, but I think we will be changing our ADRs around...

I think we might as well, depending on the menus. I want the skillet but I think DH wanted something else, so it might be up to him.

My thoughts exactly. Seems to me that someone at WDW failed logic class.

a) If you offer BOTH the skillet and a la carte options you capture 100% of all potential customers who might want a skillet; and you capture 100% of all potential customers who dislike the skillet, but like the a la carte food.

b) Offer ONLY the skillet, and you capture 100% of all potential customers who might want a skillet; and you lose 100% of all potential customers who dislike the skillet, but like the a la carte food.

Logic dictates that this move has to result in a decline in customers, as they will retain all the skillet people and lose all the a la carte people (like me). The only way this can come close to making sense is if there is a backlog of skillet lovers who currently can't get ADRs who can fill in all the gaps left by the departure of the a la carte people. But I don't think that is likely. I wasn't before. So why will it be now?

Exactly.

DH has been bugging me to make an ADR there every trip and I always put it off. I finally do and they make it skillet only. Well DH wants the skillet, but I don't so now we won't eat there.

Bad decision on Disney's part unless all these skillet loving people are going to come out of the woodwork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter