• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bibbiti Bobbiti Make A Wish Helps our Boo Have Her Princess Wishes Come True!!!

Love the Pirates and Princess party update. We plan on hitting it when we are there. I hope my kids love it as much as your kids did.

yellow-flower-mothers-day.gif

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

Sorry for the delay on the TR...I hope to be back now and get moving towards finishing it. We are going to Disneyland in August and it seems like I have to have this TR done to earn another trip to Disney.;)

I can't believe I am already on day five of our trip...luckily as we were on the trip the time did not fly by too fast. Today our plans included The Cat in the Hat, meeting Spiderman, dinner with a princess and celebrating Mayor Clayton's birthday...so we are off!

We arrived at Universal Islands of Adventure and headed right for Seuss Landing. The entrance to the area is so cute. Here is Papa with our own little Thing 1 and Thing 2.

DSC_0002.jpg

Then one with Mama and our own Thing 1 and Thing 2.

DSC_0006.jpg

We rode The Cat in the Hat twice in a row! We all loved this ride and the telling of one of our favorite stories and the kids thought it was so fun how it spun you around. Then headed over to ride One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish to get sprayed by the fish. Everything in this part of the park was just so great if you love Dr. Seuss books. Here Chelsea and I are riding in our fish.

DSC_0007.jpg

The kids in front of the ride after we took our spin on it.

DSC05774.jpg

Next we took a few spins on the Caro-Seuss-el. Chelsea LOVES a carousel and this was no exception.

DSC_0021.jpg

Fuller loved that when you pulled the reigns on his it made the horns pull back.

DSC_0022.jpg

Next we decided to ride The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride. A UE(Universal Employee) was taking us the back way to get on the ride and we ran into a friend who was happy to stop and chat with us. Here are Fuller and Chelsea with Sam I Am...I later told Fuller he should have told him he liked green eggs and ham.:)

DSC_0043.jpg

Here is picture from riding the trolley train. It was a really neat way to see all the amazing details of Seuss Landing.

DSC_0051.jpg

Then another really nice UE asked us if we would like a private meeting with The Cat in the Hat and The Grinch and we said sure. So we waited in the same hall that we met Sam in for a few minutes and then they came out.

DSC_0060.jpg

They were so great with the kids. The Cat in the Hat kept on tapping Fuller's shoulders and then acting like he had not done anything which made Fuller laugh and at one point Chelsea gave The Grinch a big hug then he signaled to her that his heart was growing with love. Not the best picture but here he is telling her his heart was growing.

DSC_0071.jpg

As we were walking away from meeting them Chelsea said to me "Mama the Grinch did not smell bad like I thought he would from eating trash. Maybe it is because his heart is growing" I think she was a bit smitten with the Grinch.:love:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was our next stop. I have to admit to never having read the books but I have seen a few of the movies. This area looked just like it is where the books are set. The attention to detail was amazing...you really felt like you were in a wizarding world.

DSC_0083.jpg

We decided to see if Chelsea was tall enough for Flight of the Hippogriff...she was super excited that she was.

DSC_0085.jpg

Fuller and Chelsea liked it so much we rode twice in a row. Have I mentioned again how awesome they were to us at Universal!?! The kids loved that they could stay on rides and go again when they wanted to without even getting off. It was a really special part of the trip. Next it was snack time so we had some frozen butter beer. YUMMMMM-O is all I can say. We had to beg the kids to share some with us.

DSC05778.jpg

At this point Christopher and I decided to try and ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey using parent swap. The UE's were really nice in getting us to the front of the line and getting Christopher set with the kids in the parent swap area and then the ride went down. :scared1::scared1:I felt bad that the kids were having to wait but Christopher kept on saying it was okay. I was starting to wonder if I wanted to ride the ride just after they have to fix it but about 20 minutes later the ride started back up and I got on. The ride was fun and pretty amazing...I have never ridden anything like it before. I stayed with the kids while Christopher took a turn and he really liked it too. While I am glad we got a chance to ride it I am glad we did not do too much other parent swap riding as it really did take quite a bit of time out of our day to do it. I just kept on telling myself that when the kids are older it will be a great excuse to come back so we all can ride the big kid rides together. :cool1:

It was time for lunch and some decisions to be made. Pretty much all day the kids had been asking if we could go back to GKTW and swim...so we made a plan. We would eat lunch at Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous so after we could ride The Cat in the Hat ride a few more times. On our way back into Seuss Landing we saw something, well actually a thing...Thing 2. He had fun with the kids and I got a Thing picture with our little Things!

DSC05781.jpg

Lunch was fine...the kids ate chicken strips and Christopher and I had salad with chicken strips. Feeling full we rode The Cat in the Hat a few more times...such a fun ride.

Here is papa with with Fuller and Chelsea in front of the ride.

DSC05783.jpg

Just a few shots from in the ride too...a Thing making a mess and then the cat helping clean up.

DSC05762.jpg

DSC05766.jpg

Just a few things to do before we left. One of them was to meet Spiderman but when we got there he had just left so we waited a few minutes until what did the kids see coming our way...Spiderman.

DSC_0102.jpg

Spiderman was really nice and chatted for quite awhile since there was no one in line at the time. Not too many characters actually speak so at first I think the kids were a bit taken back but warmed up to him.

DSC_0116.jpg

We stopped by a gift shop and let the kids pick something out. Fuller choose an ET toy and Chelsea choose a charm bracelet that she got to put 6 charms of her choosing on. The kids were happy with their choices and still love them lots since our return home.

We were headed back to GKTW but would we beat the very dark clouds and rain to have a quick swim or not? More coming soon!

Love all the Universal pictures!! Seuss Landing was so awesome... I wish we had spent more time there, we didn't get a chance to see any of the characters in that area.

:love: what the Grinch did!
great photos with the characters! looks like a very fun place!
and how wonderful you got extra special attention through out the day!!

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes...so thoughtful.

AWesome updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the photos.... love CRT!!!! We relly enjoyed that.... and the PP party was our favorite!

The PP Party was just so much fun...I think it is perfect for our kids ages. Just getting caught up and saw your pictures from the party. They were great!

They are so cute I love gthe photos <3 Love it<3 LMBO

Thanks so much!

Love the Pirates and Princess party update. We plan on hitting it when we are there. I hope my kids love it as much as your kids did.

I hope they love it too. It was so fun and they still talk about it all the time. That's why I think it might have been their favorite! Really they loved everything we got to do at GKTW...as you know it is such an awesome place!

yellow-flower-mothers-day.gif

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

Thanks so much...hope Mel had a great Mother's day!

Thanks so much...I hope you had a great Mother's Day too!

Thanks so much...Hope you had an amazing day too!

I have LOVED all of the updates and the pictures make me :love::love::love:.ENJOY your day!!!

Thanks so much...you enjoy your day too!

You have such cute kids :) Love it:)

Thanks...most days they are pretty cute.:)

So cute! Sounds like you all had an amazing day!

It was really so amazing...It was great to watch the kids beam!

Love all the Universal pictures!! Seuss Landing was so awesome... I wish we had spent more time there, we didn't get a chance to see any of the characters in that area.

Loved Seuss landing and in general had such a nice time at Universal. Everyone there seemed to make the day so relaxing. The Grinch totally had me tearing up...he was so sweet with Chelsea. I am loving following your TR!

:love: what the Grinch did!
great photos with the characters! looks like a very fun place!
and how wonderful you got extra special attention through out the day!!

Everyone was so nice at Universal which made the day really relaxing. The Grinch had me in tears. He was so sweet with Chelsea.:love: Looking forward to seeing you and Megan soon!

After a great day at Universal Islands of Adventure we headed back to GKTW to see if we could beat the dark rain clouds and get in an afternoon swim. It was not what I would call warm by the time we got back to GKTW but the kids were determined so we went for it! We were trying to beat the rain but first we had to make a stop at the Amberville train station to use our turn on the claw machine certificates that had been left in our villa. Both the kids got toys after a few tries. Now whenever we walk by one they think they should try it out and get a toy because it is so easy...not going to happen.:rotfl:

Here is Chelsea playing the claw game.

DSC05785.jpg

Then the kids rode the rides around the train station a few times. Here is Fuller enjoying a little boat ride.

DSC05787.jpg

While Chelsea was riding in the boat we played a quick game of ring toss with Fuller's head and pool floaties.;)

DSC05792.jpg

A quick stop by the Clayton's house...Kids were a little curious how they fit in there because they are actually pretty big rabbits. Do they shrink at night when they get home maybe? Not really sure but it is a cute house!

DSC05796.jpg

Finally we were off to swim. The kids decided to they wanted to run around on the splash pad first so that is what we did.

Here is Chelsea striking a pose as she stops for a minute before running back through.

DSC05799.jpg

Here is Fuller stopping for just a minute for me to get a picture.

DSC05810.jpg

Papa catching a wave with his little loves.

DSC05809.jpg

After the splash pad we headed over to the pool for some swimming. The sky was getting darker and the wind was picking up so we had to drag the kids out of the pool. It was actually perfect timing because we had a dinner date with one of Chelsea's favorite Princesses! More coming soon!

Love the surfin' family!! It was a yucky afternoon wasn't it . . . . glad we were under a pavillion that afternoon for the dance competition. Didn't make for nice pictures for us at Epcot or HS, but oh well . . .

Can't wait to see what you did next!
Brenda

love the photo of Chris and the kids!
water and kids are a great combo no matter how cold the water is! they don't seem to care!!

cute about the house....amazing how the kids come up with how things work!

we are looking forward to meeting you next weekend! safe travels coming up north!

What a great trip report. It looks like your family is having such a great time together. I love how you are taking it easy and going with the flow. GKTW is an awesome place and keeps getting better as the years go by.

Chelsea loves princesses. Each week her favorite changes but often it is Cinderella. As a surprise for the kids we planned a dinner at 1900 Park Faire so on this evening we were off to the Grand Floridian for dinner with Cinderella and friends. Special thanks to Jessica (Dis: Froggy33) for the amazing Pink Cinderella dress. Chelsea LOVES :love: the dress and twirled in it all night. Also special thanks to Kelly for the perfect Cinderella clip for her hair. I got pretty teary eyed when I stopped for a moment and I saw what a beautiful princess she was walking into the hotel.:love:

Here we are after arriving at the restaurant. This might be the most dressed up we got all trip.;)

DSC_0155.jpg

The restaurant was really busy this evening so we had a bit of a wait. We enjoyed exploring the hotel and the kids had fun dancing to the jazz music in the lobby. What a beautiful hotel the Grand Floridian is. The kids really like the glass elevator ride.

Dancing princess Chelsea in the hotel lobby.

DSC_0158.jpg

Dancing prince Fuller...trying to perfect his moves.

DSC_0160.jpg

So after a bit of a wait it was our turn to sit down for dinner. Our first visitor to the table was Madame Tremaine. She was grumpy in a funny way and let Chelsea know she did not love her dress. Chelsea told her it was pink and pretty...that's my spunky girl.

DSC_0168.jpg

Our next visit was from Anastasia who was a total hoot. She had the kids laughing and was just great. She kept on telling Chelsea she just knew she had seen a dress like hers somewhere and Chelsea kept on telling her it was the pink Cinderella. She loved her autograph page and made such a big deal out of it. She really cracked the kids up and was lots of fun.

Here she is noticing her custom made page to sign (Thanks again Brenda and Krysten:worship:).

DSC_0177.jpg

And then after she autographed it she sealed it with a kiss for each of them.

DSC_0182.jpg

Fuller and Chelsea with Anastasia striking a pose.

DSC_0183.jpg

At some point we did get food. Chelsea was happy there was Mac and Cheese for her...I think on this trip she tried an experiment to see if one could live on hamburgers, pizza and mac & cheese alone with lots of fruit and ice cream tossed in.:thumbsup2 The food was fine. I am not a big dinner buffet person and at the end of the meal Christopher and I both kind of felt like it was fine...not bad not great. I had to laugh when they brought out a big ice cream dessert because it is true we ate some of it and had ice cream before bed later that night.:lmao: I love vacation.:thumbsup2 The best part of the meal really was the characters and that was what we came for so that made it a fun time. Speaking of characters our next visit was from Drizella. Chelsea was pretty cute with her and hopped right up to talk to her.

DSC_0196.jpg

Fuller could not be left out so here they all are in a picture.

DSC_0199.jpg

Next came Prince Charming...I don't think Chelsea felt like he was all that Charming. She is not a fan really of any of the princes...but she did humor me with a picture and I have to say he tried really hard to endear himself to her.

DSC_0220.jpg

Our last visit was from Cinderella...she gasped and ohhhhhed and awwwwwed when she saw Chelsea's dress which made Chelsea beam and tell her "It's your pink dress...look it even has your bluebird."

DSC_0229.jpg

They had a nice chat about how fun it is to wear pretty dresses and Chelsea showed her how fun it was to twirl in the dress. Cinderella was lovely and I think Fuller was a bit smitten.

DSC_0238.jpg

There was a little dancing thing with Cinderella and Prince Charming that took place in the middle of the restaurant that the kids had fun watching but wanted nothing to do with as our ice cream had arrived. They love ice cream.:rotfl:

As we left the hotel we had to wait a few minutes for valet to bring the car around. I think the kids were still so happy from the fun dinner they were dancing on air. They danced all around the valet area and were so happy.

Chelsea having a blast spinning around in her dress...it made such a great twirl.

DSC_0245.jpg

Fuller joining in on the dancing. I love watching them dance, have fun and just enjoy.

DSC_0248.jpg

Great way to end our evening at the Grand Floridian. If you can believe it our activities were not over. We still had the birthday party of a very special rabbit to attend. Up next--Happy Birthday Mayor Clayton!

Love the surfin' family!! It was a yucky afternoon wasn't it . . . . glad we were under a pavillion that afternoon for the dance competition. Didn't make for nice pictures for us at Epcot or HS, but oh well . . .

Can't wait to see what you did next!
Brenda

It was a nasty weather afternoon...but the kids just had to swim.:rotfl:

I am so excited we will get to meet up at Disneyland too...just amazing!

love the photo of Chris and the kids!
water and kids are a great combo no matter how cold the water is! they don't seem to care!!

cute about the house....amazing how the kids come up with how things work!

we are looking forward to meeting you next weekend! safe travels coming up north!

I love the surf picture of Christopher with the kids too...one of my favorites from the trip.

Can't wait to see you this weekend.

We loved spidey... he was great... and I love the surfing shot! So fun!

Thanks! Spidey was really nice and chatty with the kids. Fuller thought it was so cool he "hung out" with spiderman.

What a great trip report. It looks like your family is having such a great time together. I love how you are taking it easy and going with the flow. GKTW is an awesome place and keeps getting better as the years go by.

Thanks...we did try and take it easy. With two younger ones I think it saved out sanity. GKTW was so special...the kids loved it and talk about it all the time. Everyone there is so special and amazing and helped our family make wonderful memories.

Great updates, I'm still reading!!!

Hi and thanks for checking in. Loved your last updates!

Erika, this just brought happy tears to my eyes!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos of the kids!

way to go Chelsea, love her photo with PC, she's one determined little lady not letting the Prince work his magic on her!

I think this is one of the best interactive character meals on property, love the fun the steps bring to everyone....yah, the food not the greatest being a buffet, but the show is more than worth the money!!!

can't wait to see your sweet babies and you all on Saturday....hope they will be ready for some hugs!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter