Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reveal is the same for eveyone. it is when they turn your DD towards the mirror to see herself after the hair and makeup is done.

Thanks for the reply. It seems the best thing to do is to get the costume ahead of time and do the first or second package.

Where do people find deluxe costumes? We checked the Disney Store, but the newer costumes are not as dress-like and fluffy as I'd like. I LOVE the new Tiana wedding dress, but my DD wants to be Belle. Any ideas? Do people make custom dresses?

I have a whole lot of questions. I did read through the last 10 pages and here is what I am still looking to find out:
1) If I bring a dress from home, will they still take her to a dressing room after her reveal (hair & makeup & nails) for her to change?
2)How many days in do most people take their DD's to BBB? We will be there for 12 days and wondering if we should do it on our first full day or wait a few?
3)What is the Princess Parade and when does it take place?

I have a question about the hairstyles. My daughter has long hair.. will they be able to get it all up into a bun? I'm not a big fan of the fake hair or the bun with the long hair hanging in the back. Thanks so much!!

I have a whole lot of questions. I did read through the last 10 pages and here is what I am still looking to find out:
1) If I bring a dress from home, will they still take her to a dressing room after her reveal (hair & makeup & nails) for her to change?
2)How many days in do most people take their DD's to BBB? We will be there for 12 days and wondering if we should do it on our first full day or wait a few?

I'm a bit confused by question #1 - the girl's change into their dresses before they get their makeover - so no, they wouldn't put her in a dressing room afterwards. You can ask to use the dressing room for her to put her dress on and if they aren't busy, they will let you use it.

For number 2, it's really up to you. Our daughter didn't want to keep her hair in more than a day either time, so it wouldn't matter for us. I would do it during the first half though.

I don't know about #3.

I'm a bit confused by question #1 - the girl's change into their dresses before they get their makeover - so no, they wouldn't put her in a dressing room afterwards. You can ask to use the dressing room for her to put her dress on and if they aren't busy, they will let you use it.

I was told that after the girls get their hair done that a Fairy Godmother takes them in front a change room says the bibitty thing, waves her wand and the outfit was laid out for them in the changing area. I guess I was misinformed?

Thankfully I found this thread.

As for the Princess Parade, I saw some pics in one of the posts on page 90-something that had a bunch of girls dressed up with a banner that said Princess Parade and it looked like they were going through the park.

I was told that after the girls get their hair done that a Fairy Godmother takes them in front a change room says the bibitty thing, waves her wand and the outfit was laid out for them in the changing area. I guess I was misinformed?

Thankfully I found this thread.

As for the Princess Parade, I saw some pics in one of the posts on page 90-something that had a bunch of girls dressed up with a banner that said Princess Parade and it looked like they were going through the park.

When you get an outfit at the boutique or use the dressing room, that is the first step so that when the look is revealed in the mirror they are a completed princess princess:

Image0323.jpg

I think the Princess Parade only happens at DTD, I saw some of the FGIT calling for Princesses when we were there in October, but it seemed rather random - I don't know if it's a scheduled thing.

Like Joy said, They are dressed first. We came in our dress from home and took before pics with photopass on our way up mainstreet. I'm not sure if they do any special presentation of the dress or not. I think it might also depend on how busy they are. I have heard of a few who were told to use a restroom to get changed in when they were really busy. (those who brought there own dress)
The bibbidi saying is done at the end when they are sprinkling fairydust on your DD's hair before the big reveaL. I think the parade thing is somehting just randomly done, as I don't remember ever hearing of it before the last few days. My guess is they do it on slow days and hope to drum up business.

I suggest doing it early on in the trip. My DD wore it every dya and I even took it out and washed a few days into it and then put it back together. But my main reason is becuase the longer yo uare there the more tired everyone gets, and she may not tolerate it as much later on. In 2008 we had an appointment for DTD on our departure day. DD got sick the day before, and stil lwanted to go, and said she was feeling better. But when we got there she wasso tired and stressed and overstimulated from 5 days of go go go, that she cried and we ended up canceling. This year we did it the 2nd day (1st full day) and she loved it and has asked to go back!

When you get an outfit at the boutique or use the dressing room, that is the first step so that when the look is revealed in the mirror they are a completed princess princess:

Image0323.jpg

I think the Princess Parade only happens at DTD, I saw some of the FGIT calling for Princesses when we were there in October, but it seemed rather random - I don't know if it's a scheduled thing.

Fianlly we get to see a picture of her! She looks great! I see she got the "bubble" LOL! :lmao:

I have an appt for my 5yr old, but her almost 3 yr old sister is not old enough. Do they get the makeup to take home? Would the FGIT sprinkle pixie dust on my youngest too? She's not going to be happy that she is not old enough & I'd like to have her feel special too. The alternative is taking her to the barbershop for a hairdo. But we have an 8am appt & want to be ready for Dumbo at RD not the barbershop. I do have a dress & crown for her. I was going to do her hair while waited for her sister mayb.

jenseib,

I have to ask- where did you find that adorable Mary Poppins dress your daughter has on in your signature?

I have an appt for my 5yr old, but her almost 3 yr old sister is not old enough. Do they get the makeup to take home? Would the FGIT sprinkle pixie dust on my youngest too? She's not going to be happy that she is not old enough & I'd like to have her feel special too. The alternative is taking her to the barbershop for a hairdo. But we have an 8am appt & want to be ready for Dumbo at RD not the barbershop. I do have a dress & crown for her. I was going to do her hair while waited for her sister mayb.

Yes, you do get the rest of the make-up and if she's getting her nails done, she'll get the rest of the nail polish as well.

With so many threads I had to skip over a lot to get through them so forgive me if I ask a lot of the same questions.

1) Does anyone know if they're doing or planning on doing Tiana as one of the princesses? My DD just saw the movie and wants to be her.

2) In conjunction with #1..if Tiana is available do they have extensions for her hair (so it's curly like Tiana's?) or is it a bun? My DD has fine blonde hair and just isn't understanding that she may not be able to have the same hair that Tiana has in the movie. LOL

3) How long would you say the hairstyle lasts? Is it pinned into place or is it strictly elastics and hairspray?

4) For those moms who bought shoes at BBB, did your DC complain about the shoes causing pain? I'm just wondering if I should buy cute little flats at BBB or if I should opt to have her keep her sneakers on? We're going to bring a dress from home but I thought maybe buying an accessory might be nice.

Ooops, I had one more question. When do the ressies need to be made? Is it 90 days prior or 180 days prior? Thanks a bunch ladies!!!

I have officially decided to do BBB at the castle with breakfast at CRT to follow. I'm so far ahead in planning all of this that hopefully I can get an 8AM ressie at BBB and 9:15 or so at CRT. Do you think this will allow enough time? Oh, I already purchased her dress! I love it but not sure I should have purchased it 8 months in advance...lol.

Yes they will sprinkle the younger one. If they don't offer, just ask. How closeto 3 will she be? If she is with in a few weeks she can probably get one as well. Just tell them she is 3 when you call.

jenseib,

I have to ask- where did you find that adorable Mary Poppins dress your daughter has on in your signature?

Thanks! It's a combo of things. The actual dress we ordered from her dance studio. But it is short sleeves, because it is for ballet, so we added a frilly shirt we had under it. I added red bows to the dress, (the smaller ones) and tied them around the cuffs and neck of her shirt. The boots we found online. The hat was an old easter hat and I added the tulle and the red bows to that as well. We bught the parasol at Michaels and I added the red bows to that as well.

With so many threads I had to skip over a lot to get through them so forgive me if I ask a lot of the same questions.

1) Does anyone know if they're doing or planning on doing Tiana as one of the princesses? My DD just saw the movie and wants to be her.

2) In conjunction with #1..if Tiana is available do they have extensions for her hair (so it's curly like Tiana's?) or is it a bun? My DD has fine blonde hair and just isn't understanding that she may not be able to have the same hair that Tiana has in the movie. LOL

3) How long would you say the hairstyle lasts? Is it pinned into place or is it strictly elastics and hairspray?

4) For those moms who bought shoes at BBB, did your DC complain about the shoes causing pain? I'm just wondering if I should buy cute little flats at BBB or if I should opt to have her keep her sneakers on? We're going to bring a dress from home but I thought maybe buying an accessory might be nice.

They don't do any special princess. They do 3 styles unique to BBB. The one with hair extensions, which I thing is call the diva, and has a bunch of colors to chose from, my DD chose PINK! UGH! LOL! :lmao: the bun, which I think is call the princess, and the funky hair extension with clips with is the pop princess I think. They do have the Tiana dress, but not a special Tiana hairstyle.
They do pin the hair. Some peoples last longer than others. We pinned my DD extensions up each night when we swam. She did it on Monday and by Wed. morning it was looking pretty wild. But I don;t think our girl put much gel in her hair either. I took it out, washed it and redid it. (which was really simple) and it last till Sat. then.
I have heard that the shoes are awful. I thin kthey have a flip flop option too. W brought our own princess shoes, and DD like them and didn't complain. But if your DD isn't used to those type of shoes, then it might be best not to get them, or if you do bring another pair so that if they hurt, she can change.
As I have said before, we set out my DD's dress before she woke up and had a note with it. It said that the dress was from her Fairy Godmother and was for her to wear for her BB apointment. She LOVED this. The shoes came with it too. She was eager to get it on. So we made it special for her. We also follwed this theme all week. Each morning she would find a new small gift (pens, princess underwear, stickers, stuff like that) each with a note and from a Disney character. It added a little something special for the trip. Also the day we were leaving for Orlando she woke up to a note and gift from Nemo on our counter. It said somehting like how he couldn't wait to see her and to open her gift at the airport. It was a Nemo game for her leapster, which kept her busy on the plane. She was amazed that Nemo swam all the way to our house! LOL!
I have our whole BBB experience written in my Trip report (which is in my signature)

Does anyone know if they currently have Alice in Wonderland shoes for sale at BBB? We will be bringing her own Alice costume but I would love to be able to buy the shoes there. Thanks!

Does anyone know if they currently have Alice in Wonderland shoes for sale at BBB? We will be bringing her own Alice costume but I would love to be able to buy the shoes there. Thanks!

They didn't have Alice shoes there when we were there last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter