Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a preference of which BBB to book....downtown disney or the castle? We will not be eating at CRT. I was actually thinking of making her appointment at the downtown disney BBB at opening and then maybe making a breakfast appointment at Akershus for an hour and a half later.

Does anyone have a preference of which BBB to book....downtown disney or the castle? We will not be eating at CRT. I was actually thinking of making her appointment at the downtown disney BBB at opening and then maybe making a breakfast appointment at Akershus for an hour and a half later.
Best to allow more time. It can take 45 minutes to get done, and that is if they take you on time. And then it takes quite awhile to get to parks from DTD. You have to go to a resort and then switch over to anothr bus to get to a park. I have found buses from DTD seem to be the slowest. I would say you may want to allow 3 hours between your start time and breakfast time.

Best to allow more time. It can take 45 minutes to get done, and that is if they take you on time. And then it takes quite awhile to get to parks from DTD. You have to go to a resort and then switch over to anothr bus to get to a park. I have found buses from DTD seem to be the slowest. I would say you may want to allow 3 hours between your start time and breakfast time.

I concur with this - travel to and from DTD by bus takes awhile. If you have parkhoppers it may even be faster to go to the castle and then monorail over to Epcot.

We have been to both and I liked the Castle better - but I have heard others with the opposite opinion. If it's your first time - you'd probably be fine either place, honestly :wizard:

We have a 9am for my niece at BBB in the castle. The park opens at 9am. My question is will they let us in before the park opens so we can get there 15 min before our appt as they requested? TIA

Thanks. Maybe I should book BBB at the castle instead...lol.

We have a 9am for my niece at BBB in the castle. The park opens at 9am. My question is will they let us in before the park opens so we can get there 15 min before our appt as they requested? TIA

Yes, BBB and CP open at 8:00am, there will be an entrance marked for those with reservations/appointments. Get there early so you can stop for nice empty park pictures of the castle.

Yes they let you in early. I know they have one turnstyle open for early arrivers, but you need to have all your info to get in.

We are headed to WDW at the beginning of February, and are doing BBB for the first time (I've been waiting to do it since my daughter was born!) She will finally be 3.5 and hopefully it will go well. I will report back to all those wondering how it goes with a 3 yr old.

We are doing the castle package, despite the cost - mostly because I know my daughter will get a super kick out of the "reveal" The only pictures I have seen of the dresses available are of the standard princess dresses though. Do they offer the "deluxe" ones at the BBB castle location as well? She got an amazing sleeping beauty dress for Christmas from the Disney Store, but she really wants a Cinderella dress, and I was going to wait an use the BBB as an opportunity to buy one, but I don't want her to pick an "ordinary" Cinderella dress, and then see a fancier one in one of the stores and want that a day later.

I know there are some pictures of what's currently available somewhere on the thread, but I can't find them. Anyone have a quick link to them?

Thanks! princess:

Disney does not carry deluxe dresses right now. All the dresses are the exact same all thru the park. If you want a deluxe dress you are better off buying it ahead of time and bringing it along. We borught my DD's (actually we left it out at night so in the mornign she found it and we had a note with it saying it was from the fairy godmother for her BBB appointment) Her dress was not sold there and was a deluxe. Many people commented on it because it was different than the rest of the ones you normally see.

Thanks so much. That is the gist I was getting from reading the thread.

Hmmm... what to do. I can't decide whether to just let her pick a regular dress and still do the castle package, or bring one from home.

I guess I am trying to figure out how much of the enjoyment of the experience comes from getting to go "shopping" before the appointment vs. having a really special dress. Do you think a FGIT would do a reveal with her own dress?

and if we do bring a dress can we pick out accessories and pay for them separately?

Thanks everyone. princess:

I'm so excited... I just booked BBB for DD (4) for our June trip. We are going to go to the boutique in DTD because the boys are going to go to DisneyQuest while we do our thing. I know they take pics while they are doing the makeover... I'm assuming there'e a photopass photographer at the DTD boutique as well? Do they also have a more formal backdrop type area for photos after everything is done? Or are all of the pics more candid type shots? TIA! :goodvibes

We have a 8 am breakfast time for CRT. Should we do BB right after breakfast? We are doing this for dd's 5th birthday. Which package should we choose? Will she be comfortable enough to do rides at the park after?

TIA:)

Thanks so much. That is the gist I was getting from reading the thread.

Hmmm... what to do. I can't decide whether to just let her pick a regular dress and still do the castle package, or bring one from home.

I guess I am trying to figure out how much of the enjoyment of the experience comes from getting to go "shopping" before the appointment vs. having a really special dress. Do you think a FGIT would do a reveal with her own dress?

and if we do bring a dress can we pick out accessories and pay for them separately?

Thanks everyone. princess:

I'm not sure what you mean by reveal. All girls get a reveal, which is when they FGIT turns them around in the chair to see themselves in the mirror after they are done. Thats the reveal that all girls get. When they pick out there dress they then got to a dressing room and change. Since we had ours, we came dressed, but I have heard they will allow you to change there too.
Yes you can buy any accessories they have. We bought the red Belle crwon there.

I'm so excited... I just booked BBB for DD (4) for our June trip. We are going to go to the boutique in DTD because the boys are going to go to DisneyQuest while we do our thing. I know they take pics while they are doing the makeover... I'm assuming there'e a photopass photographer at the DTD boutique as well? Do they also have a more formal backdrop type area for photos after everything is done? Or are all of the pics more candid type shots? TIA! :goodvibes

Yes the photopass person is there to tkae candid pics. There is another spot to go to get posed pictures done, but I can't remember where it is at DTD.

Also as for picking the dress there. I have heard good and bad. Lots of people enjoy it. While I was there last March, the place was a ZOO! A few girls were picking out there dresses, but one wanted the one my DD was wearing, and the FGIT told her they didn't have that one, and she cried.
We bring a dress for eveyday too. My DD went every day wearing a princess dress, so you can bring them from home and each day she can wear something different. If she likes one at the parks you can get it, if not you'll have one from home.

We have a 8 am breakfast time for CRT. Should we do BB right after breakfast? We are doing this for dd's 5th birthday. Which package should we choose? Will she be comfortable enough to do rides at the park after?

TIA:)

Allow at least 2 hours for breakfast. My DD wears a dress everyday to the parks and does jsut fine with rides. She also kept her hair in all week (with me washing it and redoing it mid week)

:goodvibes Thanks for the info.... One more question... if we bring a dress from home, do we get to "by-pass" the retail area, or do they take us through all of the merchandise on the way to our appt? I'd rather not have DD(4) asking for for things she sees in the store... she sees princess stuff and goes a little nutty! :rotfl:

They really don't have a retail area in the castle one. It's one wall with a cupboard with dresses. It's in the waiting room. If it's crowded, like it was when we went, its hard to even get to.
I have a ton of BBB pics in my trip report if you would liek to read it. The link is in my signature.

I took a few pics of the waiting area dresses, but it was hard to get close, so they aren't very good, but gives you an idea.

dresses1.jpg

dresses2.jpg

dresses3.jpg

crowns.jpg

Yes, BBB and CP open at 8:00am, there will be an entrance marked for those with reservations/appointments. Get there early so you can stop for nice empty park pictures of the castle.

Great idea! Thanks for the info.:goodvibes

So I'm new to the whole BBB thing. If we get the "Castle" package, will it include the dresses shown above for $189? Or are there others that are pricier?

Also, how is the experience different from the Castle versus bringing your own dress from home. I'm a little confused as to how the "reveal" works if you do the Castle package. Would my DD pick out her dress and accessories and just put them on before they do her hair?

Also, is there an advantage to DTD versus the castle?

Thanks!
Kristi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter