Best Way to Cure Disney Depression? Plan Another Trip! A Solo PTR *Updated 5/13 TR Link

That MK tour sounds awesome! I've never done a tour before, but I really want to do one!

Sounds like a packed but very fun day! :-)

Happy one month!! Your plan for Day 3 looks amazing! The Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour has always caught my eye when I've looked into doing a tour, so I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. And I think your plan is definitely do-able because you've left yourself plenty of options for changing it up depending on how you're feeling. That's one thing I love about FP+, you know you'll get to your must-do's and you can leave the rest a little vague!

Hi! It's been awhile so I had a lot of catching up to do. Going back to the snow day posts - wow that brings back memories. Storm after storm after storm. I'm glad that's over. It snowed here in Rhody today but it's already melted so I'm ok with it. ::yes::

I love that lantern necklace, so cute!

Yay for getting all the FP+ you wanted! I had a very similar experience with my BOG ADR. I thought it was because I was too late booking it but a few days later I got it no problem. Glad it worked out for us.

Ooh, thanks for posting pics of the food booth items. I feel so lucky that I'm going during the flower festival and get to see the flowers and topiaries as well as the food booths.

I recently learned about the Southwest online checkin. I hadn't realized that it affected the boarding order. Unfortunately my flight is at 9:20 and my boys have a dentist appt at 10 the day before. I'm going to have to get logged in quickly before I have to leave for their appts. Talk about cutting it close. I really don't want to have to split up too much on the plane. I don't mind if we have to do two and two but I wouldn't want one of the boys to have to sit by himself.

Your daily plans sound like so much fun! You must be getting excited.

I also have a new favorite game...”what will I be doing exactly a month from now?”

My sister and I do that too ... she'll text me randomly and be like "we're on test track" (at which point I have the sad task of telling her that we are not yet on test track but will be soon).

Sounds like a busy but really fun day! I really would love to do a tour one day, but surrendering park time for the tour is hard for me. Hopefully Epcot will be a nice way to relax and you won't be too tired (but it's great that you have a plan in case you are!)

I love Fantasmic!, so I'm excited to hear that you're trying to make it part of your plan!

I am SO excited that you're doing the Marceline tour! I can't wait to hear all about it!!! :goodvibes

You're getting SO close - woohoo!!! Your Day 3 plans sound great - I also am an advocate for overplanning while still remaining flexible. :thumbsup2

So much fun!!

I love love love Fantasmic; I had never seen it until my last trip, and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite show (maybe next to Wishes).

One month! Woo hoo!!! I'll definitely be following; we still have quite a few months and I need to make the time go faster :P

I love Fantasmic too! Not as much as Celebrate the Magic and Wishes, but more than Illuminations.

That MK tour sounds awesome! I've never done a tour before, but I really want to do one!

Sounds like a packed but very fun day! :-)

I've never done a tour either, I'm very excited to get to do one!

Happy one month!! Your plan for Day 3 looks amazing! The Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour has always caught my eye when I've looked into doing a tour, so I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. And I think your plan is definitely do-able because you've left yourself plenty of options for changing it up depending on how you're feeling. That's one thing I love about FP+, you know you'll get to your must-do's and you can leave the rest a little vague!

The Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour does look like a lot of fun. And you can't beat the price! Flexibility is a must. I don't really want to give up anything in my plan, but I also don't want to exhaust myself so early in the trip.

Hi! It's been awhile so I had a lot of catching up to do. Going back to the snow day posts - wow that brings back memories. Storm after storm after storm. I'm glad that's over. It snowed here in Rhody today but it's already melted so I'm ok with it. ::yes::

I love that lantern necklace, so cute!

Yay for getting all the FP+ you wanted! I had a very similar experience with my BOG ADR. I thought it was because I was too late booking it but a few days later I got it no problem. Glad it worked out for us.

Ooh, thanks for posting pics of the food booth items. I feel so lucky that I'm going during the flower festival and get to see the flowers and topiaries as well as the food booths.

I recently learned about the Southwest online checkin. I hadn't realized that it affected the boarding order. Unfortunately my flight is at 9:20 and my boys have a dentist appt at 10 the day before. I'm going to have to get logged in quickly before I have to leave for their appts. Talk about cutting it close. I really don't want to have to split up too much on the plane. I don't mind if we have to do two and two but I wouldn't want one of the boys to have to sit by himself.

Your daily plans sound like so much fun! You must be getting excited.

Ugh, snow. I'm so tired of it. I am so ready for spring!! I think the disney site kind of crashed when BoG opened up and that's why so many people had issues. I was able to easily go back a few days later and change my reservation to the day I wanted. The Southwest check-in system is pretty annoying and potentially stressful. I hope it works out for you so you don't have to split up to much.

My sister and I do that too ... she'll text me randomly and be like "we're on test track" (at which point I have the sad task of telling her that we are not yet on test track but will be soon).

Sounds like a busy but really fun day! I really would love to do a tour one day, but surrendering park time for the tour is hard for me. Hopefully Epcot will be a nice way to relax and you won't be too tired (but it's great that you have a plan in case you are!)

I love Fantasmic!, so I'm excited to hear that you're trying to make it part of your plan!

I was going back and forth about doing the tour for that exact reason. But it only ends up being 2 hours of park time since it starts an hour before park opening. If my trip was any shorter I don't think I would sacrifice the park time.

I am SO excited that you're doing the Marceline tour! I can't wait to hear all about it!!! :goodvibes

You're getting SO close - woohoo!!! Your Day 3 plans sound great - I also am an advocate for overplanning while still remaining flexible. :thumbsup2

Don't worry, im sure I will tell everyone all about it when I write my trip report. I would much rather overplan and end up skipping things than wind up missing something because I forgot about it.

Look what I got in the mail yesterday!!
10690078_10153146989977716_8391735699462321465_n.jpg

It was a very exciting moment!! :hyper: I may or may not have tried it on and walked around the house tapping it to things and saying “boop”. I am four years old, it’s fine.

It’s getting so close! Only 3 more weeks from tomorrow! I can’t believe I will be in Disney World in 3 weeks!! Crazy!

Daily Plans - Tuesday

Day 4 and it’s the first day that I won’t be heading to the Magic Kingdom! I have a MK addiction and I’m perfectly ok with it. :laughing:

So where I’m I going? Animal Kingdom!
600-treeoflife.jpg

The park opens at 9am and I’m planning on getting there around that time, but I’m not going to worry about getting there right at rope drop. I’m going to head straight to Africa and grab breakfast from Kusafiri Coffee Shop.
Hot-Breakfast-Wrap-Cross-Section-Kusafiri.jpg

The breakfast wrap with scrambled eggs, sausage, spinach, and goat cheese caught my eye when I first looked at menus and it seems like the perfect breakfast option for this day!

After breakfast I’m going to head to Kilimanjaro Safaris for my 9:35-10:35 fastpass+. And then I’ll probably walk the animal trails and wonder around until lunch. Perhaps at Pizzafari, if only because the themeing looks gorgeous.
pizzafari_seat3big.jpg

Next I will be heading over to Asia for my 12:45 fastpass+ for Expedition Everest. And some more wondering around until my 2:25 fastpass+ for Kali River Rapids.

I want to make sure I see The Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo at some point during the day. It will be my first time seeing both of them.

I’ve never made it past early afternoon at Animal Kingdom before, but I want to try to make it a full day on this trip. Even if it is just relaxing and taking in all the beautiful details. The park closes at 7pm, but I’m not sure if I will stay quite that late.

Since AK closes early and there aren’t any late EMH, I’m going to make this a relaxing night. I’ll head back to AoA and go for a swim in the Big Blue Pool.
art-of-animation-gallery06.jpg

Depending on how early I leave Animal Kingdom, I might head over to Down Town Disney after some pool time. I don’t have any plans to go to DTD this trip, although I would like to make it over there. I think this night is my best bet.

I love the Big Blue Pool at AOA, and the pool bar, The Drop Off, is great as well! Dustin the bartender rocks! :-)

Yay for getting your MagicBand! The trip will be here before you know it!

Animal Kingdom plans sound great. I definitely get how hard it can be to spend the whole day at AK, but I hope you can make it a little longer than usual! There really are a lot of cool details to see there.

The Big Blue Pool is pretty awesome ... I've never actually been swimming there, but I've walked around and there are so many amazing details! Downtown Disney will be great if you finish swimming early enough - my favorite thing to do is grab some ice cream from Ghirardelli and sit and just enjoy the area.

I love the Big Blue Pool at AOA, and the pool bar, The Drop Off, is great as well! Dustin the bartender rocks! :-)

The Big Blue Pool looks amazing! I usually avoid main pools because they are more crowded, but I definitely need to try it out! I just might need to check out the drop off too

Yay for getting your MagicBand! The trip will be here before you know it!

Animal Kingdom plans sound great. I definitely get how hard it can be to spend the whole day at AK, but I hope you can make it a little longer than usual! There really are a lot of cool details to see there.

The Big Blue Pool is pretty awesome ... I've never actually been swimming there, but I've walked around and there are so many amazing details! Downtown Disney will be great if you finish swimming early enough - my favorite thing to do is grab some ice cream from Ghirardelli and sit and just enjoy the area.

I always plan on staying in AK a full day, it just never works out. On our first trip it was so hot a miserable to stay and the last trip I wasn't feeling the greatest so we headed back to rest. But this trip will be different! Hopefully. I really like walking around DTD and browsing in the shops. Eating Ghirardelli and people watching sounds like a great way to spend an evening!

Just some quick updates before I get in to today’s plans, since they all affect my plans for this day. Dream Along with Mickey was scheduled to be closed for “refurb” the entire time I’m there. I was super sad because that was a must do and I am dying to see it. Well, they must have cancelled the “refurb” since the hub construction is done because the Disney site is now listing show times for every day!! :hyper:

As you probably remember, the only day I could get a lunch reservation for Be Our Guest was on Sunday. But, a few days later I was able to go back in and change it to Wednesday, which was my first choice.

I originally booked a fastpass+ for Space Mountain on this day. But it is now going to be down for refurb for part of the week. They rescheduled it for an afternoon fp for Splash Mountain. Not the ideal time, but it is way better than the Speedway fp that some people got. And luckily, Space will be open for my first weekend, so I’ll still get a chance to ride it this trip.

Daily Plans - Wednesday

This is the only day that I’m planning on making rope drop. Why? Because I need to see the Magic Kingdom Welcome Show. And, yes, it is another MK day!
maxresdefault.jpg

I’m planning on getting to the MK around 8:15/8:30. I don’t care about getting in line, I’m just going to find the best spot I can to see the Welcome Show. It will be my first time seeing it! Once the park actually opens, I’m going to hang back a little and let the masses rush through. I have no desire to be a part of the mob vying for those precious first-in-line spots.

The plan is to head straight to Fantasyland and try to hit some dark rides that tend to get long lines later in the day. I want to try to do Peter Pan with a relatively short wait so I can see the new queue. Then I’ll probably grab breakfast and wonder around for the rest of the morning.

At 11:20 I have a lunch reservation for Be Our Guest. I already placed my order for a bowl of Potato Leek Soup and a Master’s Cupcake.
Potato-Leek-Soup.jpg

Masters-Cupcake.jpg

Not the biggest lunch, but there really isn’t anything else on the menu that appeals to me. And it is more about enjoying the gorgeous atmosphere than the food. Plus I figured I have plenty of snack options if I get hungry later.

After lunch I have a 12:35-1:35 fp+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Then I have a 1:35 fp+ for Peter Pan’s Flight, but if I’m able to do that in the morning I will probably change it to something else.

I’ll probably watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade again at 3:00. I might try to stake out a spot at the train station. I’ve seen some pretty amazing pictures from that spot and it seems like a cool point of view since the floats are so tall.
20140615_disney2014summer_0411-1024x683.jpg

I have my third fp+ for Splash Mountain at 3:55-4:55. And then I have no more plans. I’ll probably see Dream Along with Mickey at some point, grab some dinner around 5, and just do whatever I want to do.

If you’ve read the rest of my plans you probably know that I’m planning on watching Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. I don’t think I could ever be in Magic Kingdom at that time and not watch them. If I don’t see the Main Street Electrical Parade on Sunday, I will watch it tonight. Most likely the one at 11pm.
080810001959-M.jpg

Sounds like another great day! I only saw the Welcome Show for the first time last year, and I loved it!

I see you're already having a cupcake at lunch, but I highly recommend the cake cups at the Cheshire Cafe in Fantasyland. They are SO GOOD.

The Welcome Show is really cute - it's the perfect way to start a Disney day! I'm sure you'll love it.

Sounds like a great day - and Celebrate the Magic/Wishes will be an awesome way to end the night. I love seeing the later Main Street Electrical - it's much less crowded and gives you time to do rides during the earlier one!

I loved the Welcome Show! I had never seen it, and it just set the best tone for the Magic Kingdom day :D

Your plans look great! I'm especially intrigued that you're doing AK for the entire day... or at least a good majority. That's one of my major goals of my May trip: spend a lot more time in AK - I'm usually so busy rushing around doing the headliner attractions that I neglect some of the most important pieces, just relaxing and taking it all in. :goodvibes

I love that you are so obsessed with MK - I am too!!! :thumbsup2 I just can't get enough!

Sounds like another great day! I only saw the Welcome Show for the first time last year, and I loved it!

I see you're already having a cupcake at lunch, but I highly recommend the cake cups at the Cheshire Cafe in Fantasyland. They are SO GOOD.

The cake cup is definitely on my list of snacks to try. What's not to love about cake with a ton of frosting?

The Welcome Show is really cute - it's the perfect way to start a Disney day! I'm sure you'll love it.

Sounds like a great day - and Celebrate the Magic/Wishes will be an awesome way to end the night. I love seeing the later Main Street Electrical - it's much less crowded and gives you time to do rides during the earlier one!

I prefer the later MSEP too. Less crowded, easier to find spots, and you don't have to worry about making it over to a spot to watch Wishes.

I loved the Welcome Show! I had never seen it, and it just set the best tone for the Magic Kingdom day :D

I am excited to see it! What better way to start the day than with some Disney Magic?

Your plans look great! I'm especially intrigued that you're doing AK for the entire day... or at least a good majority. That's one of my major goals of my May trip: spend a lot more time in AK - I'm usually so busy rushing around doing the headliner attractions that I neglect some of the most important pieces, just relaxing and taking it all in. :goodvibes

I love that you are so obsessed with MK - I am too!!! :thumbsup2 I just can't get enough!

One of my goals for this trip is to slow down and take in the little details and themeing. It is so easy to feel like you have to rush around to get to everything and then you end up missing the little magical things tab at are everywhere.

I don't know how on earth I got so far behind on your PTR! Life has been insane, and my DISing has really suffered. Not to mention I've ended up planning and writing a PTR for a last-minute trip for April myself, which has pretty much consumed all my Disney thoughts! Forgive me! :hug:

All of your plans look GREAT! I too combed through the F&G booth menus at disneyfoodblog recently, and intially had a MASSIVE wishlist that totaled $160-some dollars. It was ridiculous. :laughing: Now I have my final cut of about $60 worth... Far more reasonable. :thumbsup2 It was sooooo difficult, though!!

Speaking of delicious food, I'm gonna NEED you to report back on that breakfast wrap from Kusafiri. I'm a huge fan of the scrambled eggs with goat cheese at Boma, so making them "hand-held" by throwing them in a wrap with some sausage and spinach just sounds amazeballs! :eek:

You know, in all the times I've been to MK, never once has it occurred to me to catch a parade from the train station... and I have no idea why. :confused3 It's brilliant, and I bet it's a phenomenal view! I think you may have just given me a goal for my trip... :cutie:

I don't know how on earth I got so far behind on your PTR! Life has been insane, and my DISing has really suffered. Not to mention I've ended up planning and writing a PTR for a last-minute trip for April myself, which has pretty much consumed all my Disney thoughts! Forgive me! :hug:

All of your plans look GREAT! I too combed through the F&G booth menus at disneyfoodblog recently, and intially had a MASSIVE wishlist that totaled $160-some dollars. It was ridiculous. :laughing: Now I have my final cut of about $60 worth... Far more reasonable. :thumbsup2 It was sooooo difficult, though!!

Speaking of delicious food, I'm gonna NEED you to report back on that breakfast wrap from Kusafiri. I'm a huge fan of the scrambled eggs with goat cheese at Boma, so making them "hand-held" by throwing them in a wrap with some sausage and spinach just sounds amazeballs! :eek:

You know, in all the times I've been to MK, never once has it occurred to me to catch a parade from the train station... and I have no idea why. :confused3 It's brilliant, and I bet it's a phenomenal view! I think you may have just given me a goal for my trip... :cutie:

Life can get crazy. Glad you're back! The Disney Food Blog causes a lot of problems, so many delicious looking food pictures! I'm glad you could narrow down your list. I will definitely report back on the breakfast wrap. So simple, yet it sounds so yummy! I had never thought of watching a parade from the train station either, I saw it on someone else's trip report and the pictures looked amazing!

Less than two weeks left! There is only one weekend between me and Disney! I can’t believe it. I’ve hit this stage where it doesn’t feel real, like it is a dream. I’ve been planning this trip non stop for over 6 months and I can’t believe it is actually happening. I don’t think I will actually believe it until I am standing on Main Street staring at that glorious castle.

5668951.gif

I don’t think I will actually believe it until I am standing on Main Street staring at that glorious castle.
And I can't wait to see the PHOTO of you standing in front of the glorious castle! I do hope you'll do a TR when you get back! I'll be starting mine shortly after I get home on the 27th, albeit mine will be much shorter. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter