Best thing you've eaten at disneyland resort!

What exactly are beignets?

Those french fries just look like a skinny version of the garlic parmesan fries they have at Red Robin.
The beignets are just donut-like things but come out hot and fresh. They're just ok, in my opinion, until you dip them in that scrumptious berry puree. YUM!

I get the garlic fries at Red Robin all the time and they just don't compare to the Cafe Orleans Pommes Frites. The RR ones are greasy and the CO ones aren't, plus the mix of goodies they put on top of them (including freshly grated parmesan, which melts to the fries) is soooooo good.

The beignets are just donut-like things but come out hot and fresh. They're just ok, in my opinion, until you dip them in that scrumptious berry puree. YUM!

I get the garlic fries at Red Robin all the time and they just don't compare to the Cafe Orleans Pommes Frites. The RR ones are greasy and the CO ones aren't, plus the mix of goodies they put on top of them (including freshly grated parmesan, which melts to the fries) is soooooo good.

I love the RR fries because they are the big steak fries with lots of garlic, parmesan, and parsley on them. Yum!

Well now we now SOMONE that has not seen The Princess and the Frog!!:lmao:

Nope. And I have no future plans to see it either.

I wondered about that cake. I have seen photos of the Mile High cake and it looks so decadent and tempting (and huge), but I wasn't clear on if it was sold at Stage Door counter service or inside of Golden Horseshoe (I have not been into the Golden Horseshoe in centuries)! So you have answered my question! I am guessing you can get it at Stage Door but you don't have to go into Golden Horseshoe with it. You can just take it and eat elsewhere?

I had my husband go in and get it and bring outside to us. The inside of The Horseshoe was packed but I wanted that cake! I really wanted to The Billy's but were too late.

I've been everywhere, done everything. The Pommes Frites at Cafe Orleans are unique and wonderful. Pair them with the Banana Bread Pudding dessert and you can go home happy (and wishing you could come back tomorrow).

I had my husband go in and get it and bring outside to us. The inside of The Horseshoe was packed but I wanted that cake! I really wanted to The Billy's but were too late.

I remember that cake being fairly tasty and fairly huge when we last had it a few years ago. We bought one piece and split it among four of us, 2 adults and 2 children and only barely finished it. The only reason we haven't had it since is that DH since found a recipe for an even better chocolate cake and makes it a few times a year. When I'm on vacation, I tend to look for bad things to eat that I can't get at home.

But it was such a good movie!!! We loved Ray(and his big cajun butt), my all time fav disney character:)

I've just never been a huge fan of that story so that's why I have no real desire to see it.

I've been everywhere, done everything. The Pommes Frites at Cafe Orleans are unique and wonderful. Pair them with the Banana Bread Pudding dessert and you can go home happy (and wishing you could come back tomorrow).

How are the pommes frites different then similiar fries like the ones at Red Robin? They look almost identical in the picture except they are skinny fries instead of delicious fat fries.

I think the biggest difference is every time I have had them at RR they were super greasy but at Cafe orleans they have never been greasy.

beingnets... that is next on my list, right under monte cristo and napa rose.. ate at story tellers this weekend, but it wasn't that great to me, i liked UVA bar better, had a seared albacore tuna burger with hummus on it.;)

i also tried the tri-tip sliders at cove bar, i give those two thumbs up!! :thumbsup2

We like:

Lobster Nachos
Pommes Frites
Celebration RoundUp Ribs and Taste Pilots Ribs (but at Celebration they are all you can eat and a little spicy!)
Brownie Funnel Cake with whipped cream (enough to share)

100_10421-2.jpg

We like:

Lobster Nachos
Pommes Frites
Celebration RoundUp Ribs and Taste Pilots Ribs (but at Celebration they are all you can eat and a little spicy!)
Brownie Funnel Cake with whipped cream (enough to share)

100_10421-2.jpg

Whoa! How many people did that feed?!

Ahi Tuna & slaw salad topped with crispy wanton strips and drizzled with some kind of Wasabi sauce. Got it at the Food and Wine last weekend. Really Good!

That one was my favorite as well! The fried halibut (i think) with malt vinegar was pretty good too. Just needed fries!

our family says

Mickey bar or sandwich
Asian salad by Space Mnt
chicken fusilli pasta
Blue Bayou (of yesteryear)
Hook's point ceasar & steak - Yum!
dole whip
churro
Trattoria lasagna

ok but witch lasanga?

see my fav. was the chicken alfredo one from the trattoria.. but they axed it from the menu!!!! grrrrrr :(

oh yes the lobster nachos are the pinnacle of greatness! but i like it with chicken instead, minus the lobster! :)

The warm caramel corn. Hands down. Best thing on the property!

The hot link corn dog at corn dog castle gets an honorable mention...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter