Best thing you've eaten at disneyland resort!

1) jalepeno cheese pretzel
2) louisiana skillet at GK
3) steak gumbo in bread bowl

ETA:
4) Dole whip

1. Smashed potatos at Storytellers.
2. Corn dog at Corn Dog Castle
3. Blue Cheese burger at Taste Pilots
4. Breakfast at Cafe Orleans
5. Beignets
6. Fresh strawberries!!!!! (oh myfreaking god)

1: yes love those preztels with the cheese!
2: anything from taste pilots grill
3: fish and "chips" from farmers market
4: cheese platter
5: everything on the menu at award wieners

:rainbow:

1. Smashed potatos at Storytellers.
2. Corn dog at Corn Dog Castle
3. Blue Cheese burger at Taste Pilots
4. Breakfast at Cafe Orleans
5. Beignets
6. Fresh strawberries!!!!! (oh myfreaking god)

ok i hate to repost, but umm is story tellers really good? and where do you get fresh strawberries? :rotfl:

The fresh fruit plate at El Zocalo;
The pommes frites at Cafe Orleans;
The cinnamon bun at Blue Ribbon Bakery;

My 40th birthday meal at Cafe Orleans last year, Monte cristo, Pomme Frites, Gumbo and Beingets for dessert. Literally the best meal I have ever had at DLR.

P.S. we love the fresh fruit at Goofy's especially the strawberries!!!!

1) Load Baked Potato soup
2) Potatoes at Blue Bayou
3) Monte Cristo
4) Pommes Frites
5) Coconut Macaroon drizzled with chocolate

*Mickey truffles
*Monte Cristo
*Surf & Turf @ Blue Bayou
*Beignets
*Cinnamon roll @ Blue Ribbon
*Mickey gingerbread cookie
*Salmon on a plank @ RFC
*Granola; lox & bagel; caprese sandwich @ La Brea sit-down

creme' brulee french toast at Goofy's Kitchen, though I've heard they don't serve it anymore...

turkey/cranberry potpie at Carnation Cafe' (available only around the holidays)

gumbo from Blue Bayou and Cafe' Orleans (both are the same)

loaded baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe'...this is so good that I make it at home avery couple of months :thumbsup2

Mickey waffles (various locations...I think they must put something magical in the waffle batter, as they never taste quite as good when I make them at home with my Mickey waffle iron :rotfl:)

dark chocolate mint patties from any of the candy stores...they're nothing at all like the usual mint patties that are sold in stores outside DLR ie they don't taste like "minty fresh" toothpaste with a thin coating of waxy chocolate :laughing:

Blue Bayou's scalloped potatoes...another DLR recipe that I make at home!

pommes frites from Cafe' Orleans

the bread pudding with creme' anglaise sauce from Jazz Kitchen Express; they also get points for having Crystal hot sauce available to douse my shrimp po boy sandwich in :thumbsup2

the love-it-or-hate-it Mint Julep

gingerbread Mickey cookies with chocolate dipped ears (not the regular gingerbread Mickey cookies...HARD and STALE and :sick:)

I could probably go on all day....

Chili in sourdough bread bowl
Monte Cristo

I had my first turkey leg this month. Is it just me or does it taste like a big hunk of ham?

Blue Bayou's scalloped potatoes...another DLR recipe that I make at home!

I must have that recipe!

Let's see . . . definitely the English Toffee. I also love Dole Whip Floats, cream cheese pretzels, lobster nachos, shrimp at Hook's Pointe, and the hot chocolate - maybe it's just b/c it's at Disney but it's the best hot chocolate ever.

Oh, I love food. LOL. wish I didn't love it quite so much!

1. Pommes frites, monte cristo, beignets at Cafe Orleans. Great meal!

2. The hand dipped corn dogs

3. Cinnamon roll French toast at Carnation Cafe

4. The chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches at the Main Street Cone Shop

5. Blue Bayou short ribs

Hmmm....this is different than picking overall favorite places to eat. This is about specific food items or specific dishes. I'm thinking...

Cinnamon roll at Blue Ribbon Bakery - very large, warm, ooey, gooey, messy goodness!

Blended mocha with whipped cream at Blue Ribbon Bakery

Gingerbread man w/ mouse ears cookie (at most of the candy stores or bake shops) - generous size, hefty and solid, but yet soft and chewy at the same time

Pineapple Spears (vendor cart on Main Street) - Yum! Substantial size; so refreshing and juicy on a warm day; be prepared for pineapple juice to trickle down your hands and face

Mini-muffins at Goofy's Kitchen - the blueberry muffins are chock full o' blueberries

Bacon at Goofy's Kitchen - don't know what they do to it, but it's amazing bacon!

Spaghetti & garlic bread at Storyteller's Cafe - the flavor is so delicious, and it's chock full of fresh garlic and herbs

Meat Loaf Stack at Carnation Cafe

Matterhorn Sundae & the apple pie a la mode w/ whipped cream and strawberries at Carnation Cafe

Tropicool (strawberry slushy drink) at Rita's in DCA

Milk shakes and chicken strips/fingers at ESPN Zone - the shakes are so thick and rich, and the strips or whatever are the size of small chicken breasts.

Chicken Fried Chicken and the Rain Forest Ricky drink at Rainforest Cafe.

In no particular order,

1. "Seasonal" cookie with chocolate frosting sold at the candy shops, not the bakeries.
2. Baked potato soup at CC
3. Kettle corn in DTD
4. Chicken Fusilli at Pizza Port
5. Toffee or the fudge or the mint patty or the fudge mallow candy or... you get the idea. It has to be candy and it has to have a lot of chocolate and sugar.

Dark chocolate covered pretzel from store in Pooh's Corner (right by Pooh's ride and where you exit Splash Mountain) :thumbsup2

Chicken and Steak nachos from WhiteWater Cafe in GC Hotel. Yummy!:thumbsup2

My kids love the cotton candy. I think it is because they do not get it at home! LOL

One more, the slushies from the little stand that is in NOS. We get a big lemonade with a squirt of cherry one to share while we walk!

I do have a very long list of things I want to try!

Great thread! I wish I had a picture or two to put in. Maybe next time we go I will remember to take pictures. I was too excited to be there.

I can't think of any foos items I look forward to at Disney. I do like the Storytellers cafe. Their burgers are very good. The bun is nicely toasted and I eat the whole thing. Other than that..............:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter