Best character interactions

PeopleMovin

Earning My Ears
Going in one week exactly (Eeek!) for my daughter's first Disney trip!! She is almost 2 and loves all of the Disney, Pixar, and even Star Wars characters. Which character interactions in the park do you think are the best (I know it varies as CMs are switched out, but overall)? My current top picks are talking Mickey and Gaston because I think he always seems to interact a lot with guests, even timid ones!

(I realize she might hate characters, but I hope she will like seeing them and I'd like to have a good idea of which are worth taking the time for. )

We had a great interaction with Safari Mickey and Minnie at AK and also with Tinkerbell at MK. Magic Mickey was good too. Merida was good because the location is nicely themed and the interaction relatively lengthy, but we couldn't understand a thing she said! lol! She was the only "princess" my son wanted to join his sisters in meeting. Methinks someone had a little crush! Heehee.

With the littlest one, we always seemed to get the best interaction with face characters. They were terrified of the furry ones. Although, I probably wouldn't miss Talking Mickey - something special going on there.

be sure to go to the Disney Junior Dance Party on pm EMH days at DHS. We are taking our DD4 and soon to be 1 year old DD there on our last night. She'll be so happy!

We took DD4 for her first trip when she was 2. Talking Mickey was her favorite. They did the hot dog dance together, touched each other's noses.. we did that every time we went to MK.. it was a must do.. with a FP.

The character meals were good but nothing sticks out as extra special that they did. Rapuzel's meet n greet was good interaction, as was Snow Whites. DD4 loved Rapunzels hair and was trying to look out her window.
She also loved Ariel's meet n greet in her grotto.

Oh, her favorite was dancing with June from teh Little Einsteins, her favorite show at the time,, at Hollywood and Vine. The characters line up and dance and all the kids can come up and dance too.

When my kids were that age, any character at Playhouse Disney was hit. And, of course, Mickey and Minnie.

Have a fabulous time. Two is such a great age for Disney. Heck, what age isn't? :)

My partner and I (two grown guys, but still kids at heart) have a few favourite - Im happy to interact (Im an ex theatre guy myself) but my partner is pretty reserved and quiet (British!) Tink was awesome and great fun, the pics we got with her were outstanding... she went out her way too to interact with DH without making him feel stupid or awkward. The Step Sisters and Lady Tremaine are GREAT if you can find them... The group photo we had taken with them often crops up as my facebook pic. Tiana was absolutely gorgeous, we loved the sass she brought to the character... If you're there around a Star Wars weekend, see if you can find Ventress... she was great too. Lastly, Ariel in her Grotto was super cute and a lot of fun too... All brilliant characters, well acted, natural and very easy to interact with...

MK - Tiana and Naveen - one of the best interactions I had all trip
Epcot - Character Meet & Greet which gets you Mickey, Goofy and Minnie (easy to get as a 4th FP too!)
HS - Woody and Buzz but be prepared for long lines
AK - Dug and Russel!

My favorite was Tinkerbell in the MK. She was fabulous and thgirls loved her. ME too!!!! Gaston in Mk was awesome as well. My Princess only asked to meet Rapunzel and she was so good with her.
Mulan in Epcot is so sweet, and she spent time chatting with the girls as well.

Possibly our best one, out of some excellent ones, was with Elsa at MK.

My daughter turned 5 on this trip and is a huge Frozen fan (aren't they all??) and our son is almost 18 months old.

We went into the room and saw Anna first and she was great, speaking to our daughter and interacting with our son who has recently started walking.

But when we got to Elsa, she was on another level. She got my daughter to hide behind the train of her dress and they then both played peek-a-boo with our son, who was walking up and down and laughing at the top of his voice at this game.

Our daughter, who is a chatterbox, except when she meets characters (typical), had a great time. This went on for close to 3 minutes before we were eventually ushered out.

[GALLERY=]Untitled by Neil Bhalla, on Flickr[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=]IMG_3305 by Neil Bhalla, on Flickr[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=]IMG_3307 by Neil Bhalla, on Flickr[/GALLERY]

Out of all of our trips Princess Tiana and Naveen was the most memorable. They too the most time and were the most involved with my daughter. I completely forgot there was a line behind us. It was as if it was them and her in their own world. They were very interactive and wonderful.

Tinkerbelle and Ariel were the most in character. Everything they said referenced a line from their movie or about their meet and greet set.

Pretty sure our all time favorite interaction was with Aladdin at Epcot. Our autograph books have pictures from the previous so the characters can "see themselves and the kids". This book had 3 pictures from the last 3 trips that spanned nearly 4 years. He was looking at the Aladdin page and commented about how the kids had grown and how much fun he had on the last few visits with us. How remembered our daughter loves talking about Abu. Then he got very quiet and goes I really have been meeting guests for a long time. "I need to get back to Agrabah." It was the same "friend" in all the pictures!!

How about some love for Chip & Dale at Epcot? IMO, that is the best non-face character interaction. My kids love when the act mischievous and the CM that walks around with them has to scold them.

As mentioned Gaston is outstanding, but I was surprised at home much we liked Mary Poppins in the UK at Epcot. She played the part well, even telling my son (who was screwing around at the time) that he is a "saucy one".

You guys are getting me so excited for this trip! Thank you!! I think she's going to love meeting your suggestions :)
Keep them coming!

Talking Mickey is truly something magical. We also loved Tinkerbell and my son still talks about how we had to get small to meet her. Dug and Russel at AK was also super fun! Anywhere that you can meet Donald in a park is great. We met Fiesta Donald at the Mexico pavilion. My son danced with Cinderella which was adorable. Enchanted Tales with Belle can be really fun to if you kiddo is outgoing enough for a part. We also had a great interaction with Beast at BOG. Snow White was very fun and gave my son a nice big read kiss on his forehead. The Incredibles Dance Party was also a big hit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter