Best character interactions

Really, they are all amazing!

Oddly enough, my daughter was terrified of the "real" characters (Princesses, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, etc) but LOVED the furry ones (Pluto, Goofy, etc) when she was younger. We could never figure it out as she was a Princess fanatic, but was terrified to visit with them. LOL They were wonderful in trying to get her to warm up but also knew when to walk away and not push it.

My partner and I (two grown guys, but still kids at heart) have a few favourite - Im happy to interact (Im an ex theatre guy myself) but my partner is pretty reserved and quiet (British!) Tink was awesome and great fun, the pics we got with her were outstanding... she went out her way too to interact with DH without making him feel stupid or awkward. The Step Sisters and Lady Tremaine are GREAT if you can find them... The group photo we had taken with them often crops up as my facebook pic. Tiana was absolutely gorgeous, we loved the sass she brought to the character... If you're there around a Star Wars weekend, see if you can find Ventress... she was great too. Lastly, Ariel in her Grotto was super cute and a lot of fun too... All brilliant characters, well acted, natural and very easy to interact with...

Ventress was AWESOME!! And agree about Star Wars characters - probably overall, the best character interactions I've had/seen.

Really, they are all amazing!

Oddly enough, my daughter was terrified of the "real" characters (Princesses, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, etc) but LOVED the furry ones (Pluto, Goofy, etc) when she was younger. We could never figure it out as she was a Princess fanatic, but was terrified to visit with them. LOL They were wonderful in trying to get her to warm up but also knew when to walk away and not push it.

My son, at 7, STILL hates face characters!! But a giant talking dog - no problem!! Crazy kids!

I'm so glad to hear so many tinkerbell votes! My daughter watches those movies CONSTANTLY, so I'm pretty sure tink will be a big hit if none of the others are.

Our two best from the last trip (DS's 1st birthday) were mentioned - Chip and Dale and Pooh and Tigger, both in Epcot.

Chip and Dale met outside of the Character Spot, and they were awesome. Dale actually scared my son when he tickled him, but then he spent a few minutes trying to make him smile. It was pretty lengthy for a character interaction. I kept trying to move it along, but they kept pulling us back for more photos. One of the best pics of the trip was us w/my son smiling at Chip - and Dale off to the side with his head hung in shame.

Pooh and Tigger in the UK pavilion is also great. It's tucked in the back, and when we went, there were no other people in there (it was in the evening).

Also don't miss Sideshow Pete's in the MK. There are two lines - one to see Goofy and Donald, and one to see Minnie and Daisy. Lines there don't seem to get too long, and it's a cute (in the a/c) setup.

And of course Talking Mickey (although our experiences weren't as awesome as others. Both times he told DS to enjoy being young b/c before he knows it, he will have to get a job ????).

How about some love for Chip & Dale at Epcot? IMO, that is the best non-face character interaction. My kids love when the act mischievous and the CM that walks around with them has to scold them.

As mentioned Gaston is outstanding, but I was surprised at home much we liked Mary Poppins in the UK at Epcot. She played the part well, even telling my son (who was screwing around at the time) that he is a "saucy one".

Oh, I forgot about Chip and Dale. They were awesome on our last trip. It was a rainy day at EPCOT and we were sheltering in the pavilion where the Mickey and friends M&G is located, around the back hall where there's really nothing. Out come Chip and Dale. I don't know if this is a scheduled M&G or training or what, because there was no signage or line or PP photographer, just the characters and a handler. Not many people around so my two littles met them pretty quickly. After the few people who were around had met them there was really nothing for them to do. So... they walk across the space and get down on the floor and start playing with my DS who was 3 at the time. He has out a remote control robotic Pluto dog and they're right down on the floor with him playing and chasing it around. Pure magic. Wish I had pictures but by the time I got my camera out there were more people to meet and they had to go.

Our all-time favorite was our Merida interaction in January 14.
Sadly there was a different one in June and she just wasn't the same. We loved the visits to our table during our Norway Princess breakfast. All were good except Aurora. We loved Pocahontas in AK.
In June we had a great time with Tiana and Naveen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter