Best character dining for adults?

mrsgavrily

Earning My Ears
Best character dining for adults
My husband, sister and I are taking our first ever trip to WDW in Feb 2013. We are hoping to book at least one character meal. Most places we have read about have mixed reviews. Any advice for us? Some more info: We are in our mid-twenties, No kids, No dining plan, Staying at Art of Animation resort. Currently have ADR for Chef Mickey's (dinner) and Garden Grill (dinner) - not sure which one to keep (if any). Any advice is much appreciated. Many thanks from 3 Disney-loving Aussies xx

Well, what characters are you wanting to see would be the first question? My wife and I did 3 character meals on our first trip to the world back in '07. We didnt know if we'd be able to go back, so we packed up on them.. We did Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and Cinderellas Royal Table.. As far as characters, all of them were fun. As far as food, none of them were great, none of them were bad. But it's for the characters you do them, and all 3 were really fun.

One of the best character dining experiences I have ever had with a group of adults was at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. The buffet is very good and the character interaction was fantastic! When we dined there for dinner, we met Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella. We were a group of 4 adult men and the step-sisters were so much fun. They came by our table numerous times and pretended to flirt with all of us and argue over which would get each of us. Then when Lady Tremaine came by, she pretended to interview us to decide which was eligible for her daughters! We were almost crying we were all laughing so hard! We had so much fun!

Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom. We had a really good lunch there and will go again on our next trip.

I agree that 1900 Park Fare's interaction of the Step Sisters with adults is very fun and entertaining. I don't know of any other characters that have as much creative license with their personas. Oh, and the food was pretty good too. Although we went with our kids, there were many tables, as much as 20% without. We went late, after the dinner rush, when younger kids were probably being put to bed. (after 7 or 7:30?)

Ohana breakfast is great. Its served more family style and the food is great. I would say the same for Akershus breakfast.

Agree the character interaction at 1900 is awesome :thumbsup2 We also ate at Akershus - which is Disney Princesses and I think others for breakfast - the food there is very unique, Norweigan fare.

Best character dining for adults
My husband, sister and I are taking our first ever trip to WDW in Feb 2013. We are hoping to book at least one character meal. Most places we have read about have mixed reviews. Any advice for us? Some more info: We are in our mid-twenties, No kids, No dining plan, Staying at Art of Animation resort. Currently have ADR for Chef Mickey's (dinner) and Garden Grill (dinner) - not sure which one to keep (if any). Any advice is much appreciated. Many thanks from 3 Disney-loving Aussies xx

I haven't done 1900 Park Fare, but I have done CRT twice with all adults. If you do dinner it is very nice and pretty low key. You can't beat eating in the castle. It is all princesses and if you play along, it's lot of fun. It is more expensive, but you do get a photo package included with it.

I think it depends on what characters you're most interested in. If you want classic Mickey & Friends, I say go with Chef Mickey's. If you're interested in Princesses, go with Cinderella's Royal Table. It doesn't get much more magical than dining in the Castle.

Whatever meal you choose, you'll have a great time!! :donald:

I think it depends on what characters you're most interested in. If you want classic Mickey & Friends, I say go with Chef Mickey's. If you're interested in Princesses, go with Cinderella's Royal Table. It doesn't get much more magical than dining in the Castle.

Whatever meal you choose, you'll have a great time!! :donald:

My husband loves Mickey and Donald and doesn't really care for princesses. But I really want a 'magical' setting and it looks like princess ones are the best for that. Maybe we need to do both!? ::yes::

Hi there

We like the Ohana's Character Breakfast at Polynesian. It's great for adults. The food is the best. It is family style so you don't have to go to a buffet table. We have gone several times.

I just got back on Sat & loved chef mickeys! I also really enjoyed CRT as well but I'm a princess fan ;)

I am surprised no one had mentioned Cape May earlier. Cape May is our family's favorite and we make sure to go on every visit. You meet the classic characters - I've seen Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale, Donald. The breakfast food is good and the atmosphere is relaxed and almost peaceful - definitely not as chaotic and noisy as other places can get.

We have never been to 1900 Park Faire with Cinderella and the stepsisters, but it sounds like a blast. We have ADRs for our upcoming trip. We have been to b-fast there with Alice and Mary Poppins. I wouldn't recommend it for adults looking for an adult time.

If you want to meet Mickey, I think the only place to see him is at Chef Mickey's. But beware! Way. Too. Loud.

Also, I wouldn't suggest Crystal Palace, as Pooh & the gang bring in lots of young families. There's nothing wrong with young families, I've been part of one twice now! It's just not who I want to be with if I am having a meal with adults.

I've also been to the character breakfast at the Swan (forget the name) and wouldn't recommend it. The food was fine and the atmosphere was subdued (which is good), but the character visits were slim. I think the whole time we were there we only saw Pluto making the rounds.

Nicole

I would go with 1900PF dinner - love the interaction with the StepSisters & Lady Tremaine; it's the closest thing you can get nowadays to a Villains dinner.

I would also suggest Cape May breakfast, especially if you have a day when you're going to a water park or just hanging out at the resort pool. You get several of the classic characters and they're in beachwear, which is really cute. Also, paying oop, breakfast (while pricey) is less than lunch or dinner at most restaurants.

CM has the Fab 5 but - I just don't know with an adults-only group. And I'd say not Garden Grill. Since it's just a family style platter you have far fewer food choices than you do at any buffet. GG and the Ohana breakfast are perfect for families with more kids than adults, because for those groups juggling the trays at a buffet is a nightmare.

If you want to combine a character meal with early park entry, get a pre-rope-drop ADR for breakfast at Tusker in AK or CP in MK. But otherwise I'm not sure taking the time away from the park plus the cost is worth it.

CRT - yes, the concept of eating in the Castle is magical, but paying oop the price is awfully hard to swallow.

Another thought. Not a character meal but have you considered booking a dinner at HDDR? Dinner with a corny-cute country themed show, and adult beverages are included in the price. THAT's a bonus for an adult-only trip!

Yes! Hoop De Doo is a lot of fun. I have been twice, both only with adults, and every one had a great time. Strongly consider this...

Nicole

One of the best character dining experiences I have ever had with a group of adults was at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. The buffet is very good and the character interaction was fantastic! When we dined there for dinner, we met Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella. We were a group of 4 adult men and the step-sisters were so much fun. They came by our table numerous times and pretended to flirt with all of us and argue over which would get each of us. Then when Lady Tremaine came by, she pretended to interview us to decide which was eligible for her daughters! We were almost crying we were all laughing so hard! We had so much fun!

That was our favorite character meal too! Anastasia kept hitting on my husband :rotfl:

My sister and I had a great time at dinner at the Crystal Palace. Pooh and the gang were adorable. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but the groups on either side of us were also all adults, and we all chatted back and forth during the meal.

My mom and I (she 70 something - me forty something) did two character meals and we really loved it - especially Mom which was surprising and fun - this was her first Disney visit.

We did Tusker house breakfast at AK and Supercalifragilistic breakfast at GF- we love good breakfast buffets and that is why we chose breakfast - plus paid for one out of pocket and it was not too expensive. We enjoyed both but must say really loved Tusker House - the characters are all in Safari gear - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy - the food was good and we got right onto the Safari ride because it was so close.

The Supercalifragilistic breakfast was good too - characters were Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Alice and the Mad Hatter - Mad Hatter came around when I was at the buffet getting seconds - Mom screamed out my name so I wouldn't miss him coming round (she was that excited) - LOL:rotfl: - which of course really got him started and he started screaming out my name.:joker:

Just to say - adults can have fun at character breakfasts too - no matter what your age.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter